When I changed my display name

lLyrik

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3836 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok this is the second time this has happened to me, Iwent to change my display name and it did not go to 

the name I changed it to instead it went to my user name and now I can not change it to the name I want

for a week. Can someone please help me in contacting Second Life or the customer service phone number plz.

Thank you Lyrik

2 answers to this question

Ilyrik,

Did you use Ascii characters in your dispaly name? Some of the characters are not valid to use with display names. You can use the fonts and certain ones, example, hearts.

If you are a premium member you can use live chat. If not you need to submit a support ticket. There is a link in here:

https://support.secondlife.com/contact-support/

There is a number for billing but they don't help with any technical support.

You may only change your Display Name once a week.  If you make a typo or use illegal characters in a name, that counts as your one try.  Your display name is a string of characters up to 31 characters long  that contains at least one alphanumeric character. It can include most Unicode script characters, spaces, and some punctuation.  It's generally a good idea to avoid tricky, hard-to-read characters.  They can annoy many people -- DJs and club hosts who neeed to announce your name, for example -- and can be rejected by some scripted devices that you want to interact with in world.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3836 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.