Textures keep reloading over and over again

Kei Niosaki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1597 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

25 minutes ago, Nova Convair said:

The GeForce GTX 650 has 1 GB memory. That qualifies for a viewer texture buffer of 512 MB maybe even the 768 MB that you have set.

For more memory you need to have more memory in the 1st place. A graphics card with 4 GB for example.

With a high draw distance you will have many GB of textures in your viewport and will overload any setting if the sims around you are more than just a desert replication. So listen to Alwin.

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i'd start with lowering Dd with 2/3 ..lets say around 100/120 m, when you'r near a region border your machine will try to render items on 3 regions in every direction you look with your current setting
put your Rq to mid/high or mid
disable ALM

have a look if your problems get less.

Thank you guys for your speedy replies :) That seems to have pretty much completely fixed the problem (in the last few minutes since I changed my settings anyway). Might just use the ultra settings when taking pictures.

Just seems a little odd that I've been running SL with these settings for years and never had this issue until recently - is that just a sign of my graphics card getting old? D:

3 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i'd start with lowering Dd with 2/3 ..lets say around 100/120 m, when you'r near a region border your machine will try to render items on 3 regions in every direction you look with your current setting
put your Rq to mid/high or mid
disable ALM

have a look if your problems get less.

Settings other than shadows (on/off, projectors) and shadow resolution, texture memory and draw distance have no real impact on your memory usage and disabling them or changing them wont fix this texture trashing issue.

2 hours ago, Nova Convair said:

The GeForce GTX 650 has 1 GB memory. That qualifies for a viewer texture buffer of 512 MB maybe even the 768 MB that you have set.

For more memory you need to have more memory in the 1st place. A graphics card with 4 GB for example.

With a high draw distance you will have many GB of textures in your viewport and will overload any setting if the sims around you are more than just a desert replication. So listen to Alwin.

Texture memory "512mb" is actually more than that, its already 1gb minimum split into ~700mb + 300mb memory pools. Firestorm is the only Viewer aside of my own that i know that can set texture memory higher than the basic 512 (which is 1gb as mentioned before), i think FS allows up to 1 or 2gb even, that would be far beyond 4gb total.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NiranV Dean said:

Texture memory "512mb" is actually more than that, its already 1gb minimum split into ~700mb + 300mb memory pools. Firestorm is the only Viewer aside of my own that i know that can set texture memory higher than the basic 512 (which is 1gb as mentioned before), i think FS allows up to 1 or 2gb even, that would be far beyond 4gb total.

Catznip R12.3 slider goes up to 1360 on my NVidia GTX 1050Ti

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1597 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.