Jump to content
Kei Niosaki

Textures keep reloading over and over again

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, Nova Convair said:

The GeForce GTX 650 has 1 GB memory. That qualifies for a viewer texture buffer of 512 MB maybe even the 768 MB that you have set.

For more memory you need to have more memory in the 1st place. A graphics card with 4 GB for example.

With a high draw distance you will have many GB of textures in your viewport and will overload any setting if the sims around you are more than just a desert replication. So listen to Alwin.

 

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i'd start with lowering Dd with 2/3 ..lets say around 100/120 m, when you'r near a region border your machine will try to render items on 3 regions in every direction you look with your current setting
put your Rq to mid/high or mid
disable ALM

have a look if your problems get less.

Thank you guys for your speedy replies :) That seems to have pretty much completely fixed the problem (in the last few minutes since I changed my settings anyway). Might just use the ultra settings when taking pictures.

Just seems a little odd that I've been running SL with these settings for years and never had this issue until recently - is that just a sign of my graphics card getting old? D:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i'd start with lowering Dd with 2/3 ..lets say around 100/120 m, when you'r near a region border your machine will try to render items on 3 regions in every direction you look with your current setting
put your Rq to mid/high or mid
disable ALM

have a look if your problems get less.

Settings other than shadows (on/off, projectors) and shadow resolution, texture memory and draw distance have no real impact on your memory usage and disabling them or changing them wont fix this texture trashing issue.

2 hours ago, Nova Convair said:

The GeForce GTX 650 has 1 GB memory. That qualifies for a viewer texture buffer of 512 MB maybe even the 768 MB that you have set.

For more memory you need to have more memory in the 1st place. A graphics card with 4 GB for example.

With a high draw distance you will have many GB of textures in your viewport and will overload any setting if the sims around you are more than just a desert replication. So listen to Alwin.

Texture memory "512mb" is actually more than that, its already 1gb minimum split into ~700mb + 300mb memory pools. Firestorm is the only Viewer aside of my own that i know that can set texture memory higher than the basic 512 (which is 1gb as mentioned before), i think FS allows up to 1 or 2gb even, that would be far beyond 4gb total.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NiranV Dean said:

Texture memory "512mb" is actually more than that, its already 1gb minimum split into ~700mb + 300mb memory pools. Firestorm is the only Viewer aside of my own that i know that can set texture memory higher than the basic 512 (which is 1gb as mentioned before), i think FS allows up to 1 or 2gb even, that would be far beyond 4gb total.

Catznip R12.3 slider goes up to 1360 on my NVidia GTX 1050Ti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I checked - the graphics card uses 2 * GlMem (in viewer info panel) plus a little extra of 0.3 GB. So the max. it takes in my case is 4.3 GB. My FS setting is 2 GB.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mollymews said:

Catznip R12.3 slider goes up to 1360 on my NVidia GTX 1050Ti

Not surprising. It's Catznip after all. I'm more suprised Firestorm allows setting more than 512 when Ansariel was clearly against raising texture memory limits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...