How to reactivate an Avatar that has been unfair, banned permanently?

Keysha Karu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3833 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just want to describe the Case.

We was on a Place and there are many Residents with the Note in their Profile, that they had buyed their Avatars from others.

Someone wrotes to her and asked about to buy an Alt from her. She was thinking about it and after an Odysee of Requests, she sell her.

3 Minutes later she was bannend permanently.

She didn´t know, that it was against the TOS.

We called the Support, wrote many Tickets and tried to explain the Situation.

There must be an Option to get her Avatar free.

Yes, it was an Failure but not one of the mean Ones.

She just wanted to help someone, who wants an Avatar with a last Name, thats why she did it.

We will wrote Tickets and call everyday until she get free.

But maybe there is an easier Way to get her free.

She don´t need the Money or something, she just want her Avatar back

She never has any Problems or offences with the TOS.

There must be a Way..

Pls Help

Regards from her best Friend Keysha Karu

9 answers to this question

You are absolutely NOT allowed to buy or sell avatar accounts, and very likely the account she purchased was stolen from somebody else.

This is terminally stupid behavior...if she truly didn't know what she was doing, I consider it evolution in action.  More likely she DID know what she was doing, and completely deserves the ban.

It's easy to make your own account on Second Life and it's free.  There is no need to pay someone else for an existing account.

• Like 1

When your friend joined Second Life, she agreed to the TOS, which says (Sect 4.1) "You may not sell, transfer or assign your Account or its contractual rights, licenses and obligations, to any third party without the prior written consent of Linden Lab."  She may have forgotten, or maybe didn't read what she was agreeing to, but it sounds like Linden Lab feels she violated the agreement.  She may submit appeals if she has information that would help show that she didn't.  Then it's up to Linden Lab to decide whether to lift the ban.

• Like 1

I'm guessing the sold alt was used to do something spectacularly bad or illegal. Just transferring an account wouldn't raise any sort of flag; in fact, I don't see how anyone at Linden Lab would even realize it happened. The problem is what was done WITH that alt, which is your friend's account and always will be whether or not it was "sold."

Repeated calling and opening tickets will just make it less likely that she will ever be reinstated because she would be seen as an annoyance.

• Like 1

There is so much unsaid in your post.

What "Place" exists in SL where "there are many Residents with the Note in their Profile, that they had buyed their Avatars from others"?

Personally, I've never ever seen a Profile where the resident stated he/she had bought the account. Seems stupid beyond reason to advertise you've blatantly broken the TOS.

From what you say, you both apparently took the time to open up the profiles of all the residents at this "Place" and read that many had bought their avatar accounts. Seriously?

I'm in SL seven years and never once have I been approached to sell my account or an alt's. Yet here at this "Place", a request, actually not just one request, but a veritable "Odysee of Requests", is made totally out of the blue and your friend quite happily agrees to sell without even checking if it's allowed, which of course it isn't. If she didn't know it was against the TOS, why didn't you tell her as you were with her?

You're asking us to believe this was some altruistic moment to help someone who wanted an avatar with a last name but I think most of us suspect it was a deliberate commercial transaction to make some money by selling an alt and it's backfired resulting in a ban.

If the story you've given here is what your friend has told LL in the appeal, I'm not surprised LL is disinclined to reinstate the account.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3833 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.