Why do free demo clothing that I ordered attach with words demo on them.

LeahSoSweet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3807 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Some free demo items I ordered arrived but the shoes only had one shoe or a sizer attached that I couldnt remove. Some jewelery appeared with a box attached over head with the word DEMO on it. Some makeup ordered free had a demo watermark on the face. Some clothing i put on removed all my clothing, my hair, my jewelry. Do I have to become a member to not walk naked or a riddiculous looking premade advatar.

My advatar was purchased for me by a friend, using Linden Dollars.

4 answers to this question

DEMO items are exactly that.  They are meant to let a potential buyer try on a mildly expensive item before buying it.  It's especially wise to get demo copies of any worn mesh items before you pay for the real thing, for example, because mesh clothing that looks great in a photo can look wretched on your own av.  Demo items are always watermarked in some way or they have some obvious intentional flaw so that you won't be tempted to use them in public instead of the real thing.  Once you've decided that you like the demo, go pay for the actual item.

Now, if you wear a clothing item and it suddenly makes other items pop off your body, you just need to change your approach.  When you select an attachment in inventory and choose the "WEAR" option, the item will replace whatever is already attached to the designated spot.  A new skirt will replace an old one, new hair will replace old hair, and so forth.  If you want to wear two items on the same attachment point, you need to choose the "ADD" option.  That way, you can wear a skirt and a belt, both of which might be attached to your hips.

• Like 2

You are already a member (resident) or you wouldn't be able to log-in here.

There are many good-quality freebies of all types available in-world.  Visit NCI or Caledon Oxbridge to find some.  If you think the current avatars look ridiculous though you should have seen them a few years ago!  I'd be quite happy to wander around with most of the ones available now.

Also remember that all those items the demos are for were made by someone, usually taking several hours or days.  They also (again, "usually") spent many hours per week running their business in SL. Are you surprised that they ask for a few L$?  (NB: L$250 = USD$1)

Or, of course, you can make your own things if you're determined not to pay for anything but hate all that everyone else provides for free.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3807 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.