Payout Delays - How long have you waited?

Cake Gravois

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3793 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Perhaps you were not aware of the issue listed on the Grid Status Reports page.

[uPDATE 8:43 AM PDT October 14, 2013] The unscheduled maintenance to our Process Credit systems is still ongoing. As the maintenance continues, users will be able to initiate process credit (payout) requests, but may experience longer than usual processing times. Please see the following blog for more detail concerning these delays http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Commerce/Process-Credit-Requests-May-Experience-Delays/ba-p/2257199 and continue to check here for further updates.

My cash out filed on Wednesday, October 2nd finally cleared on Friday, October 11th. So it was 9 days for that one but that was right in the middle of the craziness.

However, my other cash out filed on Monday, October 7th has not cleared yet. Still waiting for that one. I hope that does not also take 9 days (or even longer) but I am not confident since the maintenance still seems to be ongoing for eight days now.

I have payments from the 4th & 5th that have finally been processed.

In resonse to what another has said, I now process payments daily because of the unpredicatability of payment times and potential chance for issues like this to occur. This situation only compounds the problems as it sounds like others do this as well. If i had faith that a payment would definately be received within 5 business days I would only process once a week... maybe longer. But because I have been burned too many times I process daily adding to the number of requests. Creating more of a backlog. Not ideal.

I requested a payout on October 4 and received on October 14. That seems a long time but actually it is 6 business days, only one day over the standard 5 business days so I can't honestly complain of LL tardiness at this time. I believe they do make an effort.

Today will be the sixth business day for me. I hope you're right because I'm starting to get worried about paying bills.

Even if you're right, it's not actually very accurate because the new posted schedule actually adds two days to the past procedures. Based on all of my past withdrawals from Second Life, I found that most of them actually did take exactly five days, not five business days. It was only more than five if that fifth day would have been a non-business day. So it usually was five to seven days but, under the schedule, it has become seven to nine days. Or maybe the schedule hasn't really changed and the new posted schedule is just meant as a "worst case". It's hard to know without more information, especially with the system still being repaired.

I have been waiting since the 7th of October... it's already mid october >.> the wait is killing me financially as that money is depended on to be used back into Second Life. I really wish the government didn't pass that law because the money was processed within 24 hours through xchange4ls, so now we have to wait in Linden Labs as it's our ONLY source of paying out with Linden. Too bad they are not able to just get those other companies to grant their rights to sell linden instead of buy, tbh i'm even surprised they are able to stay in business. I'm just personally frustrated... :(

Yeah. Frustrating doesn't quite cover it. This came at a time when it was needed most by so many people I knew. LL probably doesn't care, at least not about their customer's need and how they're hurting them. All they probably care about is how backed up their job is, which is probably only stalling since they don't want to clean up the mess that they made for themselves.

That said, they've now supposedly completed the maintenance and any transactions over 5 days of waiting warrant a support case. I'm still waiting on mine to be answered 24+ hours later.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3793 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.