Just to clarify.......

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3832 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

you maybe didnt understood my post, but i think you could understand Storm post pretty well eh ? so since you said you have read the whole thread, and since you said this :

But, I think we also both agree that we know a "hurtful" or "belittling" comment when we see it.  

I was just asking why you seem so tricky with some posts and not with some others... Storm 's post was a perfect exemple of hurtful and belitling comment. 

But yeah... so much interesting to talk about something you dont understand (my english) rather being fair. 

I ignore certain posts.  I do so by choice.  To aknowledge the poster gives them power Trinity.  It's only by ignoring that one can take away their power.   (Hence some posts are deliberately ignored)

You clearly wanted someone (me?) to rally to your aid when you felt insulted.  Yet, when your friend was insulting people, were you rallying to the aid of those people?  (See how it works?)

Also, I haven't talked about your "English", I talked about your post to me.  Which was confusing
Your English is quite good. 
Your logic is not.

While i may perfectly understand why you ignore some posts, i still dont understand how you can claim you've read the whole thread in one of your posts and then, in another of your posts, say you can recognize hurtful and belitling posts. I think you should have made a clarification about the fact you select the hurtful and belitling posts you jump on as a Robin Hood. That would have been more fair and probably, then, would have added more credibility to your answers to Malanya.

If you understand why I choose to ignore some posts, then I'm not sure why you're bothered by the posts I chose to respond to.?   Is the "Robin Hood" reference meant as compliment or complaint?  (I'm not following your thinking here?)

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

i was not expecting any help from you Celestial.. i ve never begged any help... I even dont think i need help here...

Good.  You expected, and also think, you don't need help.   I agree.  : )  

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

since the only answers i get to my arguments is attacks on my english or my rl relation about arts those answers are nothing and doesnt bring any contradictions to me.

Huh?  You're still going on about Storm's comment to you?  (Maybe I'll say ramble this time, instead of prattle  ; )

I did say your English is quite good.  But, I'll stand by my observation about your comments being confusing. 

Trin see, this is a perfect example of how these people act. It's ok for this troll to follow my threads around, twist my words and then start BS with other people, look how long this is going and now she is going after everyone LOL. THAT'S what amuses me and that's why I post my so called troll like behaviour back to them. You know the clique I refer to. It's so hypocritical for how they behave on here it's sad actually. Talk about a derail.

I can connect the dots on here  I am intelligent. I know everything btw in case you didn't get it in the first memo. Like you tell me, IGNORE. Her behavior proves my point without me saying any words. Look at all the posts she racked up and how she spoke to people because they either didn't agree with her or she found a sentence that may have pertained to M--L (that's my new name on here). Oh yeah I forgot, Maddy said that Celestiall will put someone on her radar. Pfffft.

@Maddy, I think i know you are snugs and how many people go after you on this forum. Yeah, I wouldn't let it bother me if I were you. I never thought it did bother you period.

ETA: Did she really post that you wanted her to rally to your aid? lmao it doesn't get any better than this. I like that she posts to give me power too. wtf is wrong with these people lol. Ok, all done readigng this. Yes Celestiall FOR REAL I won't be back LOL.

I ignore certain posts.  I do so by choice.  To aknowledge the poster gives them power Trinity.  It's only by ignoring that one can take away their power.   (Hence some posts are deliberately ignored)

You clearly wanted someone (me?) to rally to your aid when you felt insulted.  Yet, when your friend was insulting people, were you rallying to the aid of those people?  (See how it works?)

ETA Again Q Celestiall (I should have read the babble) YOU can't insult me LOL jeeez girl get it through your head. I am absolutely humored by you and your 'friends"

Huh?  You're still going on about Storm's comment to you?  (Maybe I'll say ramble this time, instead of prattle  ; )

Sure she is still going on about my comment.  It was RIC'ed and removed.  There is no more evidence of her ignorance, she can now claim that I wrote of such great deficiencies and indecencies... and she will.  And she is.

Malanya wrote:

Trin see, this is a perfect example of how these people act. It's ok for
this troll
to follow my threads around, twist my words and then start BS with other people, look how long this is going and now she is going after everyone LOL.
THAT'S what amuses
me and that's why I post
my so called troll l
ike behaviour back to them. You know
the clique I refer to.
It's
so hypocritical
for how they behave on here it's
sad
actually.
Talk about a derail.

I can connect the dots on here  I am intelligent.
I know everything btw i
n case you didn't get it in the first memo. Like you tell me, IGNORE. Her behavior proves my point without me saying any words. Look at all the posts she racked up and how she spoke to people because they either didn't agree with her or she found a sentence that may have pertained to M--L (that's my new name on here). Oh yeah I forgot, Maddy said that Celestiall will put someone on her radar. Pfffft.

@Maddy, I think i know you are snugs and how many people go after you on this forum. Yeah, I wouldn't let it bother me if I were you. I never thought it did bother you period.

*laughs*  

Uh, you really misinterpreted Maddy's comment.   : )   

But, hey....you have proclaimed to "know everything", so I guess you're good.  ; )

Phil Deakins wrote:

ETA: This thread has been quite an eye-opener for me. Before it, I was aware of one genuine troll plus two of his supporters, one of which hasn't even turned up in the thread, so that one is doubtful. That's all. But during the thread, I've come to realise that I hardly knew anything. 
Apparently there's a whole nest of them
, and other miscellaneous things going on between people, all of which I was blissfully ignorant of, even though it's all been here in the open, as well as behind the scenes. As we say here in the UIK, I'm gobsmacked.

Are you sure you're not just buying into the ravings of someone who apparently believes that there's this gang of trolls forming Malanya hunting parties in private, simply because more than one person calls her out on her bad behavior?

The truth is that yes, there are cliques here in this forum, but they are formed as the natural consequence of people getting to know one another and gravitating to those whom they like and with whom they share commonalities.  I feel this way about a good number of people here, including Celestiall, Trinity, Hippie and, yes, even Pep (even though Pep is no longer really here).  But as far as communicating my opinion in this forum, not one of them holds all that much sway over what I write... my thoughts, beliefs and opinions are still my own.

I absolutely resent those times when someone contacts me privately about some forum dispute which they're having, imploring me to behave in a certain manner.  Anyone that knows me and truly wishes to remain my friend would never try to influence me that way.  On the other hand, I don't mind giving or getting some sage advice to/from any one of them from time to time... at least as sage as my advice can be anyway.

What I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't buy into anyone's bizarre conspiracy theories, because, more times than not, they're not based on any actual logical evidence.  Many times I've seen people in this forum claim that there are gangs of bullies after them and not once have I ever seen any non-empirical evidence to support their erroneous claims.  Usually, it's merely a figment of their sometimes delusional, often paranoid minds... don't fall for it.

...Dres

Malanya wrote:

Trin see, this is a perfect example of how these people act. It's ok for this troll to follow my threads around, twist my words and then start BS with other people, look how long this is going and now she is going after everyone LOL. THAT'S what amuses me and that's why I post my so called troll like behaviour back to them. You know the clique I refer to. It's so hypocritical for how they behave on here it's sad actually. Talk about a derail.

I can connect the dots on here  I am intelligent. I know everything btw in case you didn't get it in the first memo. Like you tell me, IGNORE. Her behavior proves my point without me saying any words. Look at all the posts she racked up and how she spoke to people because they either didn't agree with her or she found a sentence that may have pertained to M--L (that's my new name on here). Oh yeah I forgot, Maddy said that Celestiall will put someone on her radar. Pfffft.

I can certainly be bothered, but I take a deep breath, or count to ten, and it often passes. (Though it didn't pass when Dad told me to count to ten when I was angry. I was probably two at the time and could only count to five. So he was just peeving me, which is often the best way to get me to learn something.)

Regarding "cliques", I take a nuanced view of them. I have friends here in the forums, and there's no doubt that those friendships will affect my discourse here. But I also have my own personal code of conduct (Snugs?) that (sometimes roughly) guides me. I will, as you might expect, find it easier to get along with people who's code resembles mine. In addition to that, I have a world view, and will find it easier to get along with people who share it, though I hope not to the exclusion of people who don't, as they're often the best teachers. So, when I am seen to be a member of a "clique", are people seeing me purposefully join hands with others in a show of solidarity, or am I simply reacting to my individual read on a situation? It's a complex calculus.

When everybody runs screaming out of the water on a beach, are they a clique or are they responding to the shark fin out in the water? And the next time something like that happens, watch the people running off the beach. Only some of them will have seen the shark, others will have seen people fleeing and joined the flight (a very good subconscious strategy for survival), some will stand there saying "what's going on?" and yet another may believe it's a porpoise and yell "what the hell's wrong with all you people?"

If you see a shark and Celestiall sees a porpoise, I don't jump to the conclusion that either of you are in cliques. But I might wonder which of you has correctly identified the creature.

Only I know for sure.

;-)

ETA: If there is something that bothers me, it's seeing friends and innocents (until proven guilty) being bothered. I like to see people happy and I'm frustrated by my inability to make that happen.

Malanya wrote:

ETA: Did she really post that you wanted her to rally to your aid? lmao it doesn't get any better than this. I like that she posts to give me power too. wtf is wrong with these people lol. Ok, all done readigng this. Yes Celestiall FOR REAL I won't be back LOL.

ETA Again Q Celestiall (I should have read the babble) YOU can't insult me LOL jeeez girl get it through your head. I am absolutely humored by you and your 'friends"

Nice work... trying to take advantage of a miscommunication in order to create discord between your fellow forum users.  It's not surprising that you feel the need to attack those of us who see through your manipulative tactics.

...Dres

Storm Clarence wrote:

Sure she is still going on about my comment.  It was RIC'ed and removed.  There is no more evidence of her ignorance, she can now claim that I wrote of such great deficiencies and indecencies... and she will.  And she is.

That must be your old age or what you have drink today, but i havent RIC'ed anything. your post is still here :http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/Just-to-clarify/m-p/2264453#M133723. Before stating anything, be sure about what you say.

And again, im sorry, im not in kiddish mood to play with you or your friend.. i would have liked.. really but i dont have time for that... so farewell ... have fun !!! you will , i know. 

I'm thinking that perhaps those who criticise another person's English are those who aren't top notch at it themselves, even though it's their native language,
 and they delight in picking on anyone whose English is worse than their own; i.e. it probably makes them feel superior. It's just a thought.

Ah, so now
you're
a critic.  (I aknowledge my writing skills are dismal and that English is my native language, so was that a jab at me?  For language skills?    Or, are you still making jabs at the troll?)

Ok, your writing skills are dismal, as you say, and it sounds like your overall English skills may be not far behind since you say that you can't understand the imperfect English that the rest of seem to manage quite easily. Perhaps you could take a little more time to understand it. You'd probably succeed and we wouldn't need to have this kind of discussion. Remember that, if we all understand it, but you don't, then the fault, if there is a fault, must be on your side

Incidentally, if Trinity was prattling on, then just about all post prattle on, including mine and yours. I just see post by people who have something to say. That's not prattling on. Maybe you think that if you don't think something is relevant, then it's prattling on, and, if you think that, then you are wrong.

Malanya wrote:

Aww, you actually went back and edited your post for me, and to think here all this time, you said you didn't care. 

You're welcome to one of the nice free hugs I give out inworld.   *smiles*

Phil Deakins wrote:

.Ah, so now
you're
a critic.  (I aknowledge my writing skills are dismal and that English is my native language, so was that a jab at me?  For language skills?    Or, are you still making jabs at the troll?)

Ok, your writing skills are dismal, as you say, and it sounds like your overall English skills may be not far behind since you say that you can't understand the imperfect English that the rest of seem to manage quite easily. Perhaps you could take a little more time to understand it. You'd probably succeed and we wouldn't need to have this kind of discussion. Remember that, if we all understand it, but you don't, then the fault, if there is a fault, must be on your side

Ah, so you do like to insult people regarding thier language abilities.  Very disappointing to see Phil.

Phil Deakins wrote:

Incidentally, if Trinity was prattling on, then just about all post prattle on, including mine and yours. I just see post by people who have something to say. That's not prattling on. Maybe you think that if you don't think something is relevant, then it's prattling on, and, if you think that, then you are wrong.

Sure, Phil. you couldn't possility be wrong now, could you?  ; )

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

ETA: This thread has been quite an eye-opener for me. Before it, I was aware of one genuine troll plus two of his supporters, one of which hasn't even turned up in the thread, so that one is doubtful. That's all. But during the thread, I've come to realise that I hardly knew anything. 
, and other miscellaneous things going on between people, all of which I was blissfully ignorant of, even though it's all been here in the open, as well as behind the scenes. As we say here in the UIK, I'm gobsmacked.

Are you sure you're not just buying into the ravings of someone who apparently believes that there's this gang of trolls forming Malanya hunting parties in private, simply because more than one person calls her out on her bad behavior? 

Did I say anything about Malanya? Anything at all? Since I didn't, the rest of your post is meaningless - so I've cut it out :)

Just one thing though. Since I didn't mention Malanya, and nothing in my post could possibly be intrepreted as meaning Malanya, because she wasn't in my mind when I wrote it, what made you think I meant her? Do you know of a clique that is targeting her? My eyes are getting more and more opened by what's in this thread, and it's pretty bad.

Phil Deakins wrote:

.Ah, so now
you're

Ah, so you
do
like to insult people regarding thier language abilities.  Very disappointing to see Phil.

I haven't insulted you. I used the word "perhaps" because what followed may not be true. The thing is, everyone else understands Trinity's flawed English but you say you don't. I can only assume that, if there is a fault that's causing you to not understand it, then it must be at your end.

Phil Deakins wrote:

Sure, Phil.
you
couldn't possility be wrong now, could you?  ; )

Not about the above, no.

Phil Deakins wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

Did I say anything about Malanya? Anything at all? Since I didn't, the rest of your post is meaningless - so I've cut it you
:)

Just one thing though. Since I didn't mention Malanya, and nothing in my post could possibly be intrepreted as meaning Malanya, because she wasn't in my mind when I wrote it, what made you think I meant her? Do you know of a clique that is targeting her? My eyes are getting more and more opened by what's in this thread, and it's pretty bad.

I read the exchange between you and Malanya earlier in this very thread and it was only after she started spewing her ridiculous conspiracy theories that you magically developed your own... all I'm saying is don't fall for it.

There is no clique targeting Malanya, which was the point of my post to you... she planted that seed in your mind and now you're seeing demons everywhere.  Honestly, I thought you were better than to fall for such underhanded tactics... apparently I was wrong.

...Dres

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

That must be your old age or what you have drink today, but i havent RIC'ed anything. your post is still here :
. Before stating anything,
be sure about what you say.

I was just calling attention to the post.  I didn't bother looking, so thank you for the link.  As I re-read I am still trying to figure out why 1/3 of the responses to this OP is about you.  All about you, and because of my post.   You understand, right?  It's about you.  Even Hippie made an appearance for you.   

Phil Deakins wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

.Ah, so now
you're

Ah, so you
do
like to insult people regarding thier language abilities.  Very disappointing to see Phil.

I haven't insulted you. I used the word "perhaps" because what followed may not be true. The thing is, everyone else understands Trinity's flawed English but you say you don't. I can only assume that, if there is a fault that's causing you to not understand it, then it must be at your end.

Phil Deakins wrote:

Sure, Phil.
you
couldn't possility be wrong now, could you?  ; )

Not about the above, no.

Jesus, Phil, Celestiall said she didn't understand what Trin was talking about, not that she didn't understand Trin's broken English.  I do think the misunderstanding was on Celestiall's part, but it wasn't purposeful nor ill-intentioned... it just was.  The whole misunderstanding has gotten way out of hand and could have easily been resolved with some level-headed back and forth... but, unfortunately, there's hardly anything level-headed being said in the thread.

...Dres

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

I read the exchange between you and Malanya earlier in this very thread and it was only after she started spewing her ridiculous conspiracy theories that you magically developed your own... all I'm saying is don't fall for it.

There is no clique targeting Malanya, which was the point of my post to you... she planted that seed in your mind and now you're seeing demons everywhere.  Honestly, I thought you were better than to fall for such underhanded tactics... apparently I was wrong.

...Dres

To be perfectly honest, the seed was planted long before Malanya came into it. It was in the other thread - before this thread was even started. Someone (not Malanya) PMed me to inform me that he was trying to drum up support in his feed and, lo and behold, a couple of people suddenly appeared out of the blue - one of whom hadn't been seen in the forum for a very long time. That's when I first realised that something went on amongst some people behind the scenes. There's nothing wrong with using feeds in that way, of course, but if it's the method by which a group of people come to post against someone, then it does sound somewhat cliquish. It was during this thread that I began to think of it as a nest. So it wasn't Malanya who planted it.

Before this thread, I was totally unaware of the animosities, if that's the right word, between some of the people in the forum. I've had my eyes opened by this thread, and I'll notice things in the future that I wouldn't have noticed before.

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Jesus, Phil, Celestiall said she didn't understand what Trin was talking about, not that she didn't understand Trin's broken English.  I do think the misunderstanding was on Celestiall's part, but it wasn't purposeful nor ill-intentioned... it just was.  The whole misunderstanding has gotten way out of hand and could have easily been resolved with some level-headed back and forth... but, unfortunately, there's hardly anything level-headed being said in the thread.

...Dres

And that shows the problems that can occur when some people intentionally jab at Trinity's imperfect written English.. Only Celestaill was unable to understand Trinity's English, and said so. Couple that with the fact that some people jab at Trinity because of her imperfect English, out of pure nastiness, and it's easy to see it as being just another intentional jab, especially in a thread like this one's turned into.

Phil Deakins wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

...Dres

And that shows the problems that can occur when some people intentionally jab at Trinity's imperfect written English.. Only Celestaill was unable to understand Trinity's English, and said so. Couple that with the fact that some people jab at Trinity because of her imperfect English, out of pure nastiness, and it's easy to see it as being just another intentional jab, especially in a thread like this one's turned into.

Celestiall never jabbed at Trinity's use of the English language, she merely misunderstood the context of Trinity's statements and said so herself.  You, sir, are confusing Celestiall's interaction here with other people's, who wish to belittle non-English speakers, among others.  You're drawing erroneous conclusions and that's what goes wrong when people try to connect dots that aren't in any way connected.

...Dres

Phil Deakins wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

...Dres

Phil Deakins wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

...Dres

No.Celestial was not alone.  I did not understand Trinity's posts either. I still do not. And not so much for her poor English, but her rambling on and on and as already pointed out: her absurd way of trying to make this thread all about her.

But it is good for a laugh.

Phil Deakins wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

...Dres

To be perfectly honest, the seed was planted long before Malanya came into it. It was in the other thread - before this thread was even started.
Someone (not Malanya) PMed me to inform me that he was trying to drum up support in his feed and, lo and behold, a couple of people suddenly appeared out of the blue - one of whom hadn't been seen in the forum for a very long time. That's when I first realised that something went on amongst some people behind the scenes.
There's nothing wrong with using feeds in that way, of course, but if it's the method by which a group of people come to post against someone, then it does sound somewhat cliquish. It was during this thread that I began to think of it as a nest. So it wasn't Malanya who planted it.

Before this thread, I was totally unaware of the animosities, if that's the right word, between some of the people in the forum. I've had my eyes opened by this thread, and I'll notice things in the future that I wouldn't have noticed before.

Drama much?  I do not understand the 'drum up' bit because anyone on their friend list can already see this drummer's feed (following tab).  Perhaps they would be better off IM'ing a few friends to collect some loves.

Venus Petrov wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

...Dres

To be perfectly honest, the seed was planted long before Malanya came into it. It was in the other thread - before this thread was even started.
Someone (not Malanya) PMed me to inform me that he was trying to drum up support in his feed and, lo and behold, a couple of people suddenly appeared out of the blue - one of whom hadn't been seen in the forum for a very long time. That's when I first realised that something went on amongst some people behind the scenes.
There's nothing wrong with using feeds in that way, of course, but if it's the method by which a group of people come to post against someone, then it does sound somewhat cliquish. It was during this thread that I began to think of it as a nest. So it wasn't Malanya who planted it.

Drama much?  I do not understand the 'drum up' bit because anyone on their friend list can already see this drummer's feed (following tab).  Perhaps they would be better off IM'ing a few friends to collect some loves.

Hey, Venus... what you're witnessing is called paranoia.  It's not enough for people to accept that individuals have their own individual opinions and can accurately recall things from their own experience, rather than try to gather what information they can through reading old forums posts.  No, they've got to automatically assume that anyone that gives their honest opinion on a matter must be in cahoots with the person with which they disagree... simply because what they've got to say doesn't correspond with their own misguided interpretation of events.  So, all of a sudden, there are bands of nefarious thugs out to get them.

I hope I never find myself in a place where I'm so inclined as to believe that sort of ridiculous nonsense.

...Dres

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3832 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.