Just to clarify.......

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3828 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Phil, I notice the same handful of trolls that bully people on the forums and I rarely come here.  I'm sure their E-peens are large and hard since this thread is all about them and it's 25 pages! lol :P

But yeah I know people in world that will not post here because they will be attacked for various reasons and that's not right. It's sad that people feel the need to put others down on a public forum.  How hard is it to treat others with kindness and respect?

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi FairuzaB. It does seem to be like that, doesn't it. I've been absolutely amazed at how many of them there are. I really didn't know before this thread. Some people who I would never have thought it of have stepped up to the plate on the troll side.

Earlier this afternoon I told somebody that it's changed the forum for me, to the extent that I'm actually considering not bothering with it any more. It's not that some people are like that - there always were a few. It's how many of them there are, and who they are. I had absolutely no idea before this thread. It's been a real revelation for me. They aren't driving me out, if I stop, as Pep did to people, but I may stop bothering because I have no desire to 'mix' with so many bad apples; i.e. there are too many people now that I can't treat normally any more. Most people here are good, of course, but there are too many bad apples.

FairuzaB wrote:

I'm sure their E-peens are large and hard

FairuzaB wrote:

How hard is it to treat others with kindness and respect?

On the charge of demonstrating overt self-condemning hypocrisy within the space of four sentences: GUILTY

The Judge

FairuzaB wrote:

Hi Phil, I notice the same handful of trolls that bully people on the forums and I rarely come here.  I'm sure their E-peens are large and hard since this thread is all about them and it's 25 pages! lol
:P

But yeah I know people in world that will not post here because they will be attacked for various reasons and that's not right. It's sad that people feel the need to put others down on a public forum.  How hard is it to treat others with kindness and respect?

Not only my E-peen!

And 25 pages is nothing, just come back in a few hours. Or no, forget that, Uncle Phil will have it closed before the nurse rides him back to the closed ward for the night.

Phil Deakins wrote:

And thank you for clearly showing your colours, Venus.
I appreciate it
;)

You are another one who I wouldn't have believed it of, but here you are making it perfectly clear.

Incidentally, my behind the scenes stuff wasn't solicited by me. I didn't write anything anywhere, except in the posts - not in PMs, IMs, feeds, or anywhere else - so it wasn't encouraged by me. People did it of their own volition and kindness, and, to the best of my knowledge, there was no discussion going on behind the scenes on my side. On the other hand, the troll did write stuff about it behind the scenes. It was being discussed in a ridiculing way, and it did cause useless support to arrive. One of them hadn't been seen in the forum for years, and yet there she was, right out of the blue. And then she went away again.
You
can add it up however you like, and call it a hell of a coincidence if that's what you want, but 2 + 2 always equals 4 in my book. Being psychic isn't necessary
;)

You haven't suddenly turned up at all. You're always in the forum.
What you have done is shown a huge bias in favour of nasty people.
You are perfectly free to like what they do, of course, but defending it doesn't speak very highly of the person who defends it.

ETA: Incidentally the PMs to me have been known about for some time now. Maybe you missed that. I didn't reveal (confirm) anything new in my post to you.

Characterizing people as 'nasty' is a matter of opinion.  I have read nasty online and I have not yet read nasty in this thread.

FairuzaB wrote:

Hi Phil, I notice the same handful of trolls that bully people on the forums and I rarely come here.  I'm sure their E-peens are large and hard since this thread is all about them and it's 25 pages! lol
:P

Now, who missed doling out your meds to you today?

Phil Deakins wrote:

This thread is showing me more and more what some people are like in the forum. I can hardly believe that I hadn't noticed it before, but I hadn't.
So Celestiall is another one.
Before this thread, I wouldn't have believed it, but here it is, in plain sight.

Yes, Phil this thread is showing more of what some people are like. 

What am I, "another one"...of Phil?  Would you care to elaborate?  

Phil Deakins wrote:

one of whom is the troll, of course.

Here's the crux of it Phil.  You so hate (or dislike if "hate" is too strong a word) this one person, what your views of others are colored by how you see this person interact.   One either falls into the "victim" status  (of someone who the "troll" picks on), which means you extend them every sympathy and exception.

Or, one falls into a different category, where you see all manner of ill-intent. 

As for derails, you've done a colossal job.

Phil Deakins wrote:

Hi FairuzaB. It does seem to be like that, doesn't it. I've been absolutely amazed at how many of them there are. I really didn't know before this thread. Some people who I would never have thought it of have stepped
up to the plate on the troll side.

So, this person suddenly popping into the thread, and siding with you, means they aren't a troll or part of a "clique", but are obviously on the good side of the force.  (Since they immediately sided with you ; )

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

Here's the crux of it Phil.  You so hate (or dislike if "hate" is too strong a word) this one person, what your views of others are colored by how you see this person interact. 

On the charge of hating - as Phil has admitted in print, in public - someone on the basis of an event that he now admits may not have even happened, with the version of events existing in his mind being contradicted unanimously by those with better memories and records: GUILTY

Obiter Dicta: One of two possibilities exist. Either Phil is genuinely losing his marbles and should consult a medical professional, in which case everybody should feel sorry for his pitiful state, or he has a hidden agenda, consciously or even subconsciously, prompted by feelings of inferiority and insecurity, which may be a more acceptable diagnosis from the point of view of anyone in contact with him in real life, but is just as unacceptable in terms of harassment in these forums.

The Judge

I'm pretty much done with this thread now but, just for the record, I have never said that I hate anyone, and I certainly don't hate anyone. I do hate some things that some people do though, if that's any help. You must have me mixed up with someone else - or you're making it - probably the latter.

Phil Deakins wrote:

I'm pretty much done with this thread now but, just for the record, I have never said that I hate anyone, and I certainly don't hate anyone.

Strike this from the record! The plaintiff clearly expounded, in a now deleted recent thread, upon his hatred for an individual based upon a false or fabricated memory of events which have been proved never to have happened. His amnesia is now affecting his short as well as his long term memory.

On the charge of being persistently risible: GUILTY

On the charge of apparently reducing his stated commitment from exit from the forums to exit from this thread: GUILTY

The Judge

Undoubtedly the argument has moved on, but Pie suggested something which deserves a response.

For all the time I argued with Pep, I never once saw him come anywhere close to wishing cancer upon anyone. He posted many things I may have found objectionable, but never that.

Also, anyone mentioning cliques has forgotten their history. The term is FIC. It's always FIC, regardless of context in an SL forum!

Love.

Hello Love.  I don't know if you recall, but we had a brief encounter in a different house.  I hope all is well with you. 

Anyway, I couldn't agree with your post any more than I already do re: Pep's posts.  This was my point to Phil a few days ago--in a now deleted thread.   If Phil doesn't accept it now, he never will--but he just doesn't want to.  

Phil Deakins wrote:

I never lie - ever.
If I ever say something that isn't true, and I want it to be believed, then I believe it to be true.
Lying is when the one who says it knows it to be false AND intends it to be believed. I don't lie.

http://gizmodo.com/5913730/scientific-proof-that-everyone-lies

http://www.brainfacts.org/in-society/in-society/articles/2013/the-truth-about-lies-the-science-of-deception/

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/HTML/news/news/890/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3828 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.