Sign in to follow this  
elisabethathenais

What's modern roleplay like?

So I have been interested in joining a new roleplaying community and I have been looking a little bit into modern roleplay and I had a few questions. What is modern roleplay like? How does modern roleplay differ from other roleplaying genres like historical or steampunk? Are modern roleplaying communities violent? Are there any sims that are more laid-back and don't require too much of my time? (my RL is unpredictable :matte-motes-wink: ) Thanks!

Hi there! Figured I'd offer my input. ^^

Modern RP differs from historical/steampunk RP in that it's - well - it's modern. It also depends on the type of modern RP you're interested in. I'm actually unaware of any active modern RP sims apart from Crack Den/Hathian, Dead End, or Syn City - though, I'm sure there are many. 

Of the sims listed above, all of them tend be quite violent - as they're classified under "dark" urban sims. Whether that violence affects you really depends on the type of character that you have and your personal RP limits.

From my experience in these sims (mainly Crack Den and Dead End), it's understood that RL comes first. If you're unable to log on for a week, it's completely fine. 

Hope that was helpful!