can not login unable to connect to simulator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3811 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Unscheduled Maintenance

Posted by Status Desk on October 11th, 2013 at 05:27 pm PDT

[postED 5:28 PM PST, 10 October 2013] We are currently performing unscheduled maintenance. During this time, some residents may be logged off and will be temporarily unable to log in, or experience inventory loading issues. This maintenance may also disrupt transactions, logins, or attempts to access some regions.

Please refrain from transacting with L$ or rezzing valuable (no-copy) items until the all-clear is given. Please check back here for updates.

http://status.secondlifegrid.net/

Unscheduled MaintenancePosted by Status Desk on October 11th, 2013 at 05:27 pm PDT[postED 5:28 PM PST, 11 October 2013] We are currently performing unscheduled maintenance. During this time, some residents may be logged off and will be temporarily unable to log in, or experience inventory loading issues. This maintenance may also disrupt transactions, logins, or attempts to access some regions.Please refrain from transacting with L$ or rezzing valuable (no-copy) items until the all-clear is given. Please check back here for updates.

I'm so glad that we have such helpful people like you to inform all of us of such things.

I never would have understood what the word unscheduled meant if you hadn't explained it to me.

However, the most informative part was " fixed when every one can login again"

I so admire your absolutely profound intelligence.

Again, thank you so much!

:matte-motes-evil-invert:

the grid is down

concierge says they are "working on it"

grid status website says they are performing an unscheduled maintenance.

perhaps meditation or a book ?  for now there are no suggestions but patience.  

Xen Akula wrote:

I'm so glad that we have such helpful people like you to inform all of us of such things.

I never would have understood what the word unscheduled meant if you hadn't explained it to me.

However, the most informative part was "
 fixed when every one can login again"

I so admire your absolutely profound intelligence.

Again, thank you so much!

As a long term resident, you should know how these things go, not even with a direct line upstairs they would dare to give an estimate :)

:matte-motes-big-grin: Yupper we are out till lthey say we can enter! Imed a live support chat human..pleasent chap...say's they are doing all they can and no knowlege when we can enter.

Guess thats online news to us now!

Sooo we wait...grab a snack and wait..or ? Enjoy life!:smileylol:

when you get the simulator excuse try logging in at a different location. if the last location is set on your viewer switch it to home or vsvs. if last location was home you can pick another location if you have your preferences set up to show your favorites bar. I always have that choice activated for situations like this. If you have no favorites set up for this then pick a random place you remember the name of or check out the sl home page that has the maps where you can pick a random place that is showing online. 

If logging to a different place doesn't help then the problem could be bigger so check the dashboard for any current issues for log ins. If there is no current issues and you still cant log in you might need to clear cache. Sometimes that is a fix all.

TishaRogue wrote:

when you get the simulator excuse try logging in at a different location. if the last location is set on your viewer switch it to home or vsvs. if last location was home you can pick another location if you have your preferences set up to show your favorites bar. I always have that choice activated for situations like this. If you have no favorites set up for this then pick a random place you remember the name of or check out the sl home page that has the maps where you can pick a random place that is showing online. 

If logging to a different place doesn't help then the problem could be bigger so check the dashboard for any current issues for log ins.
If there is no current issues and you still cant log in you might need to clear cache. Sometimes that is a fix all.

"Clearing cache," is a very poor suggestion and as a "fix all," it simply is not a "fix all" and can in some circumstances cause even more trouble.

Anyone who is having trouble logging in, there is excellent info here:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Login-failure/ta-p/700109

Do note, the problem with ghosting which is mentioned in the comments was resolved long ago and no longer occurs.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3811 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.