when i try to login I get an error message stating "login failed unable to connect to simulator"

Kail Quamar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

when i try to login I get an error message stating "login failed unable to connect to simulator", is this something i can fix or do I need someone at linden Labs to fix it?

ok I don't know how or why but my problem seems to be fixed, thanks to anyone at Linden who fixed it for me.

14 answers to this question

Same here, been about 30 minutes now, I was on then SL crashed and now I cannot get back on.  I restarted my computer, clean uninstall of Firestorm, reinstalled Firestorm, reset my modem/router, and tried both Home and alternative locations to try and log into - nothing. Same error "Login Failed, Unable to connect to a simulator"

oh just now looked at grid it can be becous of this:

[postED 5:28 PM PST, 11 October 2013] We are currently performing unscheduled maintenance. During this time, some residents may be logged off and will be temporarily unable to log in, or experience inventory loading issues. This maintenance may also disrupt transactions, logins, or attempts to access some regions.

Please refrain from transacting with L$ or rezzing valuable (no-copy) items until the all-clear is given. Please check back here for updates.

Also having the very same problem.  At least there's a bit of solace in knowing that whatever this is, it's affecting multiple users and so hopefully they're working on a fix if it really is a fault on their side.  I've thought that maybe it was a firewall issue on my end, or an issue with my ISP that sprouted up all of a sudden, but everything checks out fine, so I don't know.

I too am getting the "unable to connect with a similator" message. I know I have been very lucky but this is the first in the 6 years I have been in SL that I have gotten this message and I have logged on nearly everyday. I hope this is very temporary. I have a business to run.

It happens.  Whenever you get that message, the first thing to do is check the Grid Status Blog to find out what's up.  They usually post within 15-20 minutes if there's a surprise problem.  And in fact ...

Unscheduled Maintenance

[postED 5:28 PM PST, 11 October 2013] We are currently performing unscheduled maintenance. During this time, some residents may be logged off and will be temporarily unable to log in, or experience inventory loading issues. This maintenance may also disrupt transactions, logins, or attempts to access some regions.

Please refrain from transacting with L$ or rezzing valuable (no-copy) items until the all-clear is given. Please check back here for updates.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.