Sign in to follow this  
Ori Perl

How would I make a floating halo above my avatars head?

I"m trying to come up with an angel outfit for an event tonight, and I'd like to have a halo, but I'd rather not buy it.

I know how to make the shape, change the texture. Pretty sure adding some shine to it will be easy too.

But I have NO Idea how to make it float a bit off the top of my avatars head.

Ori Perl wrote:

I"m trying to come up with an angel outfit for an event tonight, and I'd like to have a halo, but I'd rather not buy it.

I know how to make the shape, change the texture. Pretty sure adding some shine to it will be easy too.

But I have NO Idea how to make it float a bit off the top of my avatars head.

Choose your attachment point, nose would probaly be good, then edit and move to the position you want.

Pretty simple really.

Hello. Once you are through editing it simply take it into inventory, then right click on it and attach it to an available body part. Once there you can "edit" it and position it properly, just as you would after attaching prim hair, etc. Once you attach it to a body part and adjust it in the future you can simply "wear" it and it will go to the appropriate place.

Reason for selecting a spot like "chin" the first time is so after you edit it's position it stays there.

If you attach it to say 'foot,' it will move around in a ridiculous manner, following your foot motion and not your head.

As others have pointed out, after you set the attach point, afterwards you can choose 'wear' or 'add' and it will attach to your preselected location.