Problem with "Related Items" in listings

Fred Allandale

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3841 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

While updating a MP listing, I noticed that the items listed as "Related Items" on the listings edit page are not showing up when the same listing is previewed.  In fact, there is no Related Items section showing at all when the actual listing is viewed, despite the fact they are there on the listing's edit page.  This appears to be the case for a number of my listings.  However it is not consistent, i.e. the related items in some listings show up but for other listings they do not.  One example of a listing with related items on the edit page but not on the actual listing page is https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Subscriber-Online-Sender/3460987.

I have tried removing and re-adding a related item on the above listing, but while it appears on the edit page, it still does not appear in the actual listing. Has anyone else seen this problem?  If so, were you able to find a cure?

I told my assistant that I thought I recalled reports in this forum that deleted items continued to show up in the Related Items search.  She wrote me this:

"so i figured out what is wrong with relaed items i think
the older versions arent removed, so if it is related then it wont show up
but there is not always a way to see which is the new one"

I told her, yes, this is just one of many examples proving that the MP is just about the crappiest software anyone will ever see.

Thanks for the comments Pamela.  My current problem is sort of the opposite but probably related.  The valid related items are randomly disappearing from listings.  I think it may be related to when I upload an updated a product version and  associate the new version with the existing listing.  I wondering if the related products in that listing may still point to the previously associated product version which is no longer associated with any listing and as a result, it does not show up as a related item in other listings, even though it does show in the edit pages for those listings.  There is really no way to tell without inspect all of your listings.  I was able to fix this by deleting the related items, then re-entering them, but this is a real hassle.

It is still a mystery why some listings still display the related items while other listings have lost the same related items.  If it were due to the above theory about product upgrades breaking the associations, you would think all listing would lose the same upgraded related items.  But this is not the case.  I opened a support ticket, but LL just told me to clear browser cache and try again, and to file a jira if that didn't work.  Of course it didn't work, so I am going to file a jira on this issue.

I would be interested in finding out if anyone else has seen this same problem.  Unfortunately with the new jira system, there is no way to check to see if anyone else has filed a similar jira before filing a new one.  For the life of me, I don't understand the point of that change.  But that's a topic for another disucssion.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3841 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.