New Hair making chest transparent?

Soleil Jolbey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3849 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Soleil Jolbey wrote:

I just bought new hair from Truth today, and since wearing it, it causes my chest to be transparent? I tried a different alpha, but no changes? I went into Appearance, nothing changed? Does anyone know what's causing this and how it can be rectified?

transparent_001.jpg

It looks like you are wearing a mesh jacket and mesh hair and sometimes that happens when you have two alpha layers on, try changing your top and see if that works.

Soleil Jolbey wrote:

Thanks so much for replying.

I just tried your suggestion and it did not work.....such a bummer....

You probably switched to another mesh outfit right? That outfit also probably has alphas. This is an alpha sorting issue. try a top without mesh? Another option is to replace the hair texture with one that is a JPG or PNG with no alpha in it. I have one that's white with grey tips for free and open source on my MP page you can try. Just make a back up of the hair first.

Madeline Blackbart wrote:

Soleil Jolbey wrote:

You probably switched to another mesh outfit right? That outfit also probably has alphas. This is an alpha sorting issue. try a top without mesh? Another option is to replace the hair texture with one that is a JPG or PNG with no alpha in it. I have one that's white with grey tips for free and open source on my MP page you can try. Just make a back up of the hair first.

You beat me to it, Madeline. I was just going to ask if she replaced it with another mesh outfit. Also, thank you for the tip about the JPG or PNG with no alpha.

Heart Brimmer wrote:

Soleil Jolbey wrote:

You beat me to it, Madeline. I was just going to ask if she replaced it with another mesh outfit. Also, thank you for the tip about the JPG or PNG with no alpha.

NP I learned it because of being a member of severaly tango boobs groups. you'd be surprised the things you learn fromthe most random groups:)

Heart Brimmer wrote:

Soleil Jolbey wrote:

NP I learned it because of being a member of severaly tango boobs groups. you'd be surprised the things you learn fromthe most random groups:)

I know! That's where I learn most of the things I wouldn't have otherwise known. :-)

The problem isn't with your worn "alpha layer", the problem is with the texturing of the jacket. The maker used a texture that has built-in transparency data even though it looks like there was no need for it. When two meshes with transparency data are in front of each other like that you'll see that effect. The hair needs the transparency data to make parts look "wispy." but the jacket really doesn't and the problem you're seeing will happen with that jacket and basically any mesh hairstyle. Let the maker of the jacket know about the problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3849 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.