Using voice, how do you hear your character's voice?

ChrisCousins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I tried using an SL voice for about a month, but didn't enjoy it, because i couldn't hear the voice i was using.  It wasn't any fun RPing without hearing it, because it didn't make the RP any more realistic.  Is there a way for the user to hear their own altered voice while using it?

Thanks,

CC

the voice the others hear is your voice. Only way to not hear that is if you're deaf or if you're wearing very dense headphones that block out all external sound.

First case there's very little you can do. Second you have to get another headset.

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

jwenting wrote:

the voice the others hear is your voice.

Um... not necessarily...

...Dres

true, but if you're asking a basic question like this, it's extremely unlikely you're using something like that. And if you were, the question would be off topic here as it'd relate to the morphing software you're using.

I don't think it is off topic, because the morphing feature is part of sl. and @the initial post: you can hear previews of the morphed voice in the voice morphing menu close to your sl voice button. but while you talk its a bit annoying for you as it was previously stated here. also it wouldnt be morphed in your headsets i fear becuase its getting morphed on its way (you could try to channel the mic input directly to the speakers, but that would only give you your normal voice).

Real phones do feed back a little bit of the speaker's voice to make conversations feel more natural. Artificial background noise is also commonly added, to compensate for the eerie silences compression and cancellation leave behind. Speakerphones had to leave these cues out, a big part of why talking on them can feel awkward.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.