Jump to content
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

That's all well and good, I understand more now how the complexity of SL does contribute to problems, however I'm still of the opinion that LL really should be investing into solving these and enhancing everyone's experience...  they've had time, there comes a tipping point I guess where the number of subscribers/income doesn't justify additional investment I'm guessing, but really this is the time when they should be applying maximum resources to make SL a cutting edge experince again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a sad reflection if you now need to buy specific computers for each game you play....  as far as I know iceing bought the best performing hardware he could afford, assuming that most of the places he enjoys being online would be configured to cope with new and improving technologies... however it seems not.  While he can enjoy ultra high performance on cutting edge software, LL are way behind...  this is what is so disappointing.

 

Active, interested companies are at the forefront of updating their software and platforms for their customers, maybe LL just assume everyone is playing on a second rate computer.....

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

SL and other Open Sims are unique in the "gaming" world. You have avis wearing skins/clothing/mesh attachments/prim attachments all built by different players as well as textured created by the users. The buildings you see, same thing; prims and textures created by the users. Animation, made my the users. Scripts, written by the useres. Group and private IMs going on communicating with people across different sims; many of those servers  So greater than 90% of the content in SL is user generated and there is new content generated every single day. There are very few systems, unless you're going to invest in Cray supercomputers, that can handle that.


So, unless you have the resources for that, you are going to have lag, you are going to have functionality problems.

The games you are trying to compare SL to are static in that all the textures, prims, avi skins, lands, clothing...everything is pregenerated and loaded into the game server. Nothing is there that the programmers weren't able to plan for. You don't have the individual players balanced between 4 systems.

Yes, your avi is on 4 systems that have to work together; one for your avi info, one for your inventory, one for the sim you are in and your personal computer. That adds a great deal more complexity than running WoW off your computer hooked up to the WoW server.

My computer specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ (2900.2 MHz)
Memory: 8192 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 550 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 9.18.0013.2723
OpenGL Version: 4.3.0

RestrainedLove API: RLV v2.7.0 / RLVa v1.4.8a
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/1.0.0d zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.1
Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: Firestorm (Grey)
Font Used: Deja Vu (96)
Draw distance: 128
Bandwidth: 1000
LOD factor: 2
Render quality: High (5/7)
Built with MSVC version 1600

I just bought the graphics card last year, before the new one came out, so was one generation older than the newest shiney. I run anywhere from 10 FPS when I'm in the RP sim I spemd most of my time on and there's fighting going on so lots of scripts between the meter and weapons, up to 40 fps in the quiet sim where I have my shop. Even the low end still allows me to function well within SL.


So you can't move around as fast as you would like? Sorry, the SL system dynamics don't allow for the fluidity you may be used to in WoW/Diablo/etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

iceing Braveheart wrote:

your 660 is not here in fact they do not even have any direct x11 cards aka 400, 500, 600, 700 second life stopped up dating this after the 200 series cards which released in 2008-2009

Thank you!  That's just the sort of specifics I was asking for.

So - if no-one anywhere can run SL on a graphics card newer than the 200 series then you are right - it doesn't work with 'modern' hardware.  I wasn't arguing your point before, just saying that it didn't MEAN anything because you had only been saying SL didn't work with your card.  Now you've made it clear, thanks.

@ All - in case you have misunderstood the OP's statements:

  • He has a superb system that's worth more than I can save in a year
  • His graphics card, specifically, is THE top-end nvidia offering (arguably; there's always some confusion about the ;sub-models'.  It's very, very, good anyway)
  • SL does not support such a new and powerful system
  • Linden Lab has "gone out of its way" to prevent SL supporting such hardware
  • Only computers you'd now find in landfill can run SL
  • Therefore SL is about to shut down

Obviously it's the last 3 of those statements that are questionable.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

KatTruewalker wrote:

I'll stick to my interpretation of the word game
;)
 

I'll continue to feel sorry for your narrow view of life.  The whole internet must be a game then, since it's on computers and used for amusement.  Presumably we will just have to agree to disagree about this one, as so many people have before.

Anyway; your rather more important, relevant and interesting question (not to me) was 'is it possible to do something better?'  The answer to that is undoubtedly 'Yes' and as I've said in many other posts I'm sure that if LL were starting SL now they'd make different decisions about how to structure and control it.  It is, after all, 10 year-old code.  When it started they had no idea how, or even if, people would want to use it.  There was loads of hype from the (RL) media about "the 3d internet", lots of (RL) businesses set-up locations in SL for virtual meetings, marketing, etc. and we got our first (RL) US$ millionaire land-baron(ess).

It didn't work.  Most of the computer-users who came to try SL were gamers who wanted to play a game with the latest, greatest graphics and - oh! - they though SL was a game, so were disappointed with it.  In any case neither they nor anyone who thought of SL as a platform they could shape for themselves wanted to buy shoddy virtual goods from RL companies when they could make their own stuff better, and for free.  Some companies found - and still find - 3d simulations or meetings in-world useful but most didn't get any more benefit than from cheaper, easier, video-conferencing.

The hard-core gamers and the businesses left.  More or less all that remained in SL were people who wanted to create things and/or people who wanted 3d "social-media" (this was still before twitter and facebook were in fashion).  Despite this SL had proved the possibilities of user-created virtual worlds and LL still made a profit.

SO - lots of people tried to do the same thing better.  OpenSim uses (a variant of) the SL server-side code and viewers so is practically identical.  The advantage of public OpenSim worlds tends to be that they are much cheaper and may use larger sims (so fewer sim-crossings).  Their big disadvantage is that they don't have anything like the population of "dying" SL.

Many more-modern worlds with better graphics and different structures - Blue Moon, Kaneva - but they have generally never got off the drawing-board or have never reached 'even' the appeal of 'dying' SL.  Sooner or later one of them will, of course, either because they grow, SL shrinks or both - no argument there.

Different approaches work.  Designing for now works.  Patching, re-patching and patching again on 10 year-old software is much harder.  Problems of server limits and lag will remain and any graphics system (to name one suspect) will be outdated in another 10 years.  SL isn't dead yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you think SL isn't (or is no longer) for you, do yourself a favour and leave.

If you just want to rant, that's fine. If it hasn't satisfied you by now, I don't think it will do you much good though.

If you want to fix your issue, probably all you need to do, is updating your gpu table, like Perrie suggested. I have no idea why LL hasn't included the NVidia 7-series yet, but you can easily do it yourself.

Issues with GTX 780

EDIT... I see in another thread you even suggested this yourself. Is it not working for you?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your extremely knowledgeable response!

I can understand the excitement that SL must have generated in certain quarters when it first launched, I can see the potential of a location such as this for many purposes.

I'm a specialist teacher of children with medical needs, Second Life could be used in so many ways to help these kids I work with, in helping autistic/aspiesovercome their social awkwardness through managed situational role play, providing safe 'comfortable' places for counselling or chatting, classrooms where several immobile children can be taught together, as a step for those with acute school anxiety on the way to actually bringing them back into a real classroom...a million ways.

I've also looked at the virtual reality courses offered by Bristol University, but in reality I'm reluctant to sign up for those because the poor performance is a big worry.  To try and complete a masters degree on a platform that isn't maintained as well as it might be just feels a bit risky. 

So while I can be tongue in cheek about the 'game' aspect, I would be very wary of implementing any 'professional' ideas for education...  plus there is the cost element which also seems extremely disproportionate to the returns available.

I really do hope that a similar world space is developed, but is there a conflict? If it's not a space for gaming then what sort of customers are going to be attracted to it?  Will there be enough of them?  If it's a space specifically designed for businesses and organisations, will it also be suitable for casual users, creators and have the many wonderful, imaginative and beautiful sims we see in SL at the moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites


KatTruewalker wrote:

Thank you for your reply, this is what concerns me......lack of response and support and even dialogue with users all suggest LL are either worried, unable to solve problems, panicking or focusing their attention elsewhere....

My bet is on "focusing their attention elsewhere."

Link to post
Share on other sites


KatTruewalker wrote:

Thank you for your extremely knowledgeable response!

I can understand the excitement that SL must have generated in certain quarters when it first launched, I can see the potential of a location such as this for many purposes.

I'm a specialist teacher of children with medical needs, Second Life could be used in so many ways to help these kids I work with, in helping autistic/aspiesovercome their social awkwardness through managed situational role play, providing safe 'comfortable' places for counselling or chatting, classrooms where several immobile children can be taught together, as a step for those with acute school anxiety on the way to actually bringing them back into a real classroom...a million ways.

I've also looked at the virtual reality courses offered by Bristol University, but in reality I'm reluctant to sign up for those because the poor performance is a big worry.  To try and complete a masters degree on a platform that isn't maintained as well as it might be just feels a bit risky. 

So while I can be tongue in cheek about the 'game' aspect, I would be very wary of implementing any 'professional' ideas for education...  plus there is the cost element which also seems extremely disproportionate to the returns available.

I really do hope that a similar world space is developed, but is there a conflict? If it's not a space for gaming then what sort of customers are going to be attracted to it?  Will there be enough of them?  If it's a space specifically designed for businesses and organisations, will it also be suitable for casual users, creators and have the many wonderful, imaginative and beautiful sims we see in SL at the moment.

I totally agree with you on this aspect...bigtime.  There is a RL company called Languagelab that, at least years ago (not sure if it is currently operating) ran a thriving business within SL by teaching English to those for whom it was not their first language.  They owned a number of sims and offered very creative methods of instruction.  Back when SL was using portals from which one could select during the registration process, some of the portals for various countries had Languagelab advertisements and info within them.

At one point they added Spanish to the curriculum and, having been fluent in Spanish at one time but now having lost a lot of the language due to not using it over the years, I was thrilled to see this class offered.  It was a 10-week class iirc and held on a sim that was a re-creation of a city in Spain.  The instructor had impressive credentials in teaching, using the internet for teaching, as well as linguistics *and* lived in Spain.  The class was conducted as if we were visiting the city, beginning with boarding a bus from a train station, proceeding to a hotel, checking in at the registration desk, and going to our rooms; at each point we learned vocabulary and phrases per activity.  The remainder of the class was taught in this fashion - one week we went to a cafe for lunch, another day we went "shopping" in a store, etc.  Sadly the company did not continue offering Spanish but it is an example of utilizing a virtual world as a teaching tool.  It was the closest thing to actually visiting Spain, rather than how I initially learned Spanish - rote memorization and repetition.

As for utilizing virtual worlds in your other example, there are a number of sims dedicated to various aspects of disabiliites - Virtual Ability is one well-known sim.  Again, when I visited years ago a man had created a seeing-eye dog which was amazing.  I believe these sims are based on a peer-support model but they do exist and have been very helpful for many.  I have also had conversations with many people over the years who expressed issues with social awkwardness, autisim, and extreme shyness RL who find virtual worlds very helpful to them.

Link to post
Share on other sites


KatTruewalker wrote:

Thank you for explaining all of that, it raises another question that I'm interested in though, which is.....is it possible to create a virtual space which overcomes these problems, or at least speeds up the data transfer from node to node?  Does the technology exist yet?

Or am I expecting the impossible from LL, perhaps another problem is that some people come to SL having experienced ultra high graphics and content in gaming both on and offline and expect it everywhere.  I accept that the 'load' handled by SL is probably a lot more than conventional .....activities.... but agree that LL should have foreseen a lot of these problems and put resources into solving them.

It's really been a couple of years since I dug into this subject.  If you were to ask "Is there better hardware out there," the answer would of course be "Yes."  Now if you asked, is it affordable, well, how deep is your pocket book?  As to the question, "Is there a better way to get all the hardware to communicate," there are theoretical models, some of which have been tested on a small scale.

I'd suggest if you want to learn more googling the subject "scalability of virtual worlds."

The big issue is this, quoting from one article which for some crazy reason I can't link here:

"The scalability of an application is strongly related to the computational footprint of a single user."

The more users you put on a single server, the bigger that foot print gets.

One of the proposed models is a distributed computing model, which happens to be what Phillip Rosedale is looking at now.  If he can solve the latency problem it could it could mean a huge improvement with the Scalabilty problems.

When you are sitting at your computer and you tell your Avatar to move, you want it to move 'now.'  When you dance with someone, get on poseballs with them, you don't want to wait ten seconds for your Ava to start moving while their Ava already has.  When you have four Ava's sailing on a boat, when you are talking about a shared experience, ideally, in real time you want everyone to be experiencing the same thing at the same time.  That's the latency problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites


KatTruewalker wrote:

Thank you for your extremely knowledgeable response!

I can understand the excitement that SL must have generated in certain quarters when it first launched, I can see the potential of a location such as this for many purposes.

I'm a specialist teacher of children with medical needs, Second Life could be used in so many ways to help these kids I work with, in helping autistic/aspiesovercome their social awkwardness through managed situational role play, providing safe 'comfortable' places for counselling or chatting, classrooms where several immobile children can be taught together, as a step for those with acute school anxiety on the way to actually bringing them back into a real classroom...a million ways.

I've also looked at the virtual reality courses offered by Bristol University, but in reality I'm reluctant to sign up for those because the poor performance is a big worry.  To try and complete a masters degree on a platform that isn't maintained as well as it might be just feels a bit risky. 

So while I can be tongue in cheek about the 'game' aspect, I would be very wary of implementing any 'professional' ideas for education...  plus there is the cost element which also seems extremely disproportionate to the returns available.

I really do hope that a similar world space is developed, but is there a conflict? If it's not a space for gaming then what sort of customers are going to be attracted to it?  Will there be enough of them?  If it's a space specifically designed for businesses and organisations, will it also be suitable for casual users, creators and have the many wonderful, imaginative and beautiful sims we see in SL at the moment.

I have to agree with all that.  My post to which you are replying was cut short because I had to go to work.  "Is there a conflict?" hits the nail right on the head - if most people don't need a 3d world and gamers want something much faster, better looking and, well, up-to-date as icieng started this thread about, then who will the users be?  That is exactly the question facing SL's current and potential competitors at the moment.

Game worlds can be incredibly popular - World Of Warcraft being the big, obvious, example - but need gamers who constantly pay (unlike a lot of SL residents like me).  That sort of thing has to stay right up to date and keep adding new stuff to appeal to gamers who could change to 'the next big thing' in an instant.  Gamers can also be a real pain to everyone who isn't "playing".  If you are building, chatting or working having some bunch of thugs burst in and shoot everyone is distracting, to put it mildly ;-0

3d simulation worlds - such as schools, workshops, etc. - have been less successful but do have a fairly big market.  One advantage to appealing to customers for this is that they tend to be companies, with comparatively deep pockets.  Such a world is likely to consist of small-ish, closed, areas though so not be of interest to a mass audience.

Rodvik comes from a games background so, as far as I can tell from how things moved when he joined LL, he was keen to make SL more of a games platform and to provide more games.  It would appear that he's since been convinced by people who know the platform better than in order to work that way it would need a complete redesign and re-write from the ground up.  With no obvious mass market for a 'Second Life 2' (if there was one the competitors would have grabbed it) I don't think there's any interest in investing in that sort of development.

If you check the press releases from LL (click their link at the bottom of this page) you see the other projects they have been working on instead.  While they haven't completely given-up on SL - why kill the cash cow? - they certainly aren't giving us the attention they used to.

SL may be dying as more people find they have no need of it or other competitors arise but it isn't dying because it doesn't support 'modern' hardware.  Neither - in reference to another recent-ish thread - is it going to die because it doesn't support "aviation" properly.  It never did and, without a complete re-write that isn't going to happen, it never will.  It has, however, got better and better in all sorts of ways over the years.

---- Subject change

You might like to check the education forums for people professional organisations teaching in SL.  There are special rates for them too.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Education/bd-p/SLEDU

-----

ETA: Anyone who thinks the 'old hands' here always automatically defend SL and LL should have a look at http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/Amazing-levels-of-incompetance/m-p/2271277#U2271277 in this forum.

Link to post
Share on other sites

PeterCanessa Oh wrote:

@ All - in case you have misunderstood the OP's statements:

  • He has a superb system that's worth more than I can save in a year
  • His graphics card, specifically, is THE top-end nvidia offering (arguably; there's always some confusion about the ;sub-models'.  It's very, very, good anyway)
  • SL does not support such a new and powerful system
  • Linden Lab has "gone out of its way" to prevent SL supporting such hardware
  • Only computers you'd now find in landfill can run SL
  • Therefore SL is about to shut down

Obviously it's the last 3 of those statements that are questionable.

 


 

 

Additional @ All – A Guide to handling problems revolving around Linden Lab and Second Life and some key points for determining the state of a game, By OP

 

  • Linden Lab does not receive or care about user feedback
  • There is no such thing as Unofficial Software Patches, Driver updates
  • Linden Lab made their Second Life Source Code Public but never intended anyone to use it
  • Never use a third party fix. Only use fixes or workarounds developed by Linden Lab
  • Just because there are search engines like Google, that does not mean you should use them
  • It is far more productive to complain about an issue than to search, ask, or teach yourself to fix the issue
  • Companies should base their actions that would result in the future of a company, only on their emotions, even if those emotions would bankrupt the company
  • The only way to enjoy a video game is if it has pretty graphics
  • A video game is considered dead even when the company running the game is still making a profit

 

Link to post
Share on other sites


PeterCanessa Oh wrote:


iceing Braveheart wrote:

your 660 is not here in fact they do not even have any direct x11 cards aka 400, 500, 600, 700 second life stopped up dating this after the 200 series cards which released in 2008-2009

Thank you!  That's just the sort of specifics I was asking for.

So - if no-one anywhere can run SL on a graphics card newer than the 200 series then you are right - it doesn't work with 'modern' hardware.  I wasn't arguing your point before, just saying that it didn't MEAN anything because you had only been saying SL didn't work with 
your
card.  Now you've made it clear, thanks.

@ All - in case you have misunderstood the OP's statements:
  • He has a superb system that's worth more than I can save in a year
  • His graphics card, specifically, is THE top-end nvidia offering (arguably; there's always some confusion about the ;sub-models'.  It's very, very, good anyway)
  • SL does not support such a new and powerful system
  • Linden Lab has "gone out of its way" to prevent SL supporting such hardware
  • Only computers you'd now find in landfill can run SL
  • Therefore SL is about to shut down

Obviously it's the last 3 of those statements that are questionable.

 

My new recommendation for when they people ask me about second life will be to steer clear as this is a vicious cycle you will always have to deal with that Linden Lab's does on purpose anytime you use a friends pc/laptop go to library borrow a pc/laptop rent to own or buy a new pc/laptop or buy new parts you will have to deal with it not working with second life as there is zero support you would be better off throwing your wallet into fireplace then wasting money on second life

Link to post
Share on other sites

Once again, Ice, awfully bitter. A platform doesn't work with your particular configuration, so it's worthless and not worth investing time or money in. Ya know...this really sounds like the fox and the grapes from Aesop's fables. Sour grapes sound familiar? There are over 46 thousand players in SL at the time of this message (1217 AM EDT 10/19/13).

At one time, 30K would have and did crash the SL grid. Now 30K online is during the slow times. I remember the big hoopla when the grid finally supported 30K. Since I've been in SL starting in 2007, I'm now on my 5th graphics card, each one more powerful than the last. Programmers have to play catch up, for the most part, these days with the technology.

I'm just chalking your attitude and words up to sour grapes....Have fun wherever you decide to play. I'll play in SL until they shut the doors.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bobbie Faulds wrote:

you have not read a single post from this thread or any other thread linden lab's has put a script into the second life viewer which blocks anyone from using modern pc or laptop there is nothing to program linden lab's did it deliberately on purpose why invest money into a game/app second life if Linden Lab's doesn't want you to using or anyone one else in the first place?

a question though why are you insulting and trolling when you know nothing?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Making assumptions doesn't make something so...and I did not buy this laptop with SL specifically in mind, but I was mindful that I would want to access SL on it, I can't always be at my PC, and I do like logging in to SL, so I found something that would suit all my needs.

If I was playing WoW this wouldn't have been any use, I would have looked at other systems, but I still suggest he tries Singularity, because I do believe he wants to spend time on SL, otherwise he wouldn't have created this thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites


iceing Braveheart wrote:

My new recommendation for when they people ask me about second life will be to steer clear as this is a vicious cycle you will always have to deal with that Linden Lab's does on purpose anytime you use a friends pc/laptop go to library borrow a pc/laptop rent to own or buy a new pc/laptop or buy new parts you will have to deal with it not working with second life as there is zero support you would be better off throwing your wallet into fireplace then wasting money on second life


Well yes, I get all that but "wasting money" on Second Life?  It's free ;-0

Anyway - I've understood exactly what you mean now.  I think you're wrong about the hardware but you're right about the support.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What proof do you have that there is a "program" that LL has added to the viewer to block computers? That would require a lot of extra work for no reason. My complaint with LL has always been that they write the viewer for new graphics cards, making older graphics card obsolete in terms of running SL. It's not a matter writing a special program to block hardware so much as they programmers haven't caught up with the newest shiney.

Ever wonder why LL only supports 2 graphics cards and not every one out on the shelf? Every graphics card has different requirements. They would never be able to keep up with all the cards out there. That's why they recommend Radeon and GeForce.

Why you feel persecuted because they don't support your new shiney is beyond me. Then feeling like you have to come to the SL forums and declare SL is dead because your particular setup with the new shiney doesn't play well with LL YET is sour grapes, plain and simple. You've decided that it's a conspiracy because they haven't updated the viewer and instead are insisting that they've gone to the extra trouble of writing a program to block  players from playing would be a bit counterproductive on their part.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Morning Everyone.

Please find in this new version of the SL V3 Viewer some long awaited GPU Table Updates.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Release/3.6.9.282553

Good Testing to you all.

:D

P.S. The SL Share feature is has been merged into this release as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites


iceing Braveheart wrote:


Bobbie Faulds wrote:

you have not read a single post from this thread or any other thread
linden lab's has put a script into the second life viewer which blocks anyone from using modern pc or laptop
there is nothing to program linden lab's did it deliberately on purpose why invest money into a game/app second life if Linden Lab's doesn't want you to using or anyone one else in the first place?

a question though why are you insulting and trolling when you know nothing?

If that's true, how do you explain that I am, at this very moment, balancing on the ottoman in my SL home, using a new computer containing an nVIDIA GT780M? And how do you explain that I routinely run SL on a ten month old computer with a GT680MX? My experience with both computers is pleasant, barring the usual SL annoyances. My ottoman is currently invisible, and if it doesn't show itself soon, I'll have to right click it.

I suppose you could argue that LL put in that devilish script, but couldn't make it work, but don't conspiracy theories usually depend on the conspirators being smart? Why posit a theory requiring both malice and stupidity when benign neglect is enough to explain the staleness of the System Requirements webpage?

You participated in a GTX780 thread over a month ago, in which (had you read it) you'd have discovered there's a "gpu_table.txt" used by the viewer to determine what level of compatibility various GPU cards provide. The LL version of that file goes up to GTX690 only, but the Firestorm variant of the table goes all the way to GTX780. You can copy that file from the Firestorm viewer to the LL viewer if you wish, though a card needn't be listed in the table to work properly. So, you were presented with evidence that the viewers support cards much more recent than the 2XX family, but apparently chose to ignore it.

There are numerous reasons a PC might not correctly run an SL viewer, many of which have nothing to do directly with the viewer itself, but rather network issues, install/deinstall problems, file corruption etc.

It is possible that your theory is correct and I, like Bobbie, know nothing. But I am happy to continue with my potential delusion, as it seems to agree with the physical evidence and makes me happier than your potential delusion makes you. Or, you can give us more information about the issues that vex you and see if someone hasn't got a solution.

But, what do we know?

;-)

Link to post
Share on other sites


Madelaine McMasters wrote:


iceing Braveheart wrote:


Bobbie Faulds wrote:

you have not read a single post from this thread or any other thread
linden lab's has put a script into the second life viewer which blocks anyone from using modern pc or laptop
there is nothing to program linden lab's did it deliberately on purpose why invest money into a game/app second life if Linden Lab's doesn't want you to using or anyone one else in the first place?

a question though why are you insulting and trolling when you know nothing?

If that's true, how do you explain that I am, at this very moment, balancing on the ottoman in my SL home, using a new computer containing an nVIDIA GT780M? ....

But, what do we know?

;-)

Speaking of solutions......

Please find in this new version of the SL V3 Viewer some long awaited GPU Table Updates.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Release/3.6.9.282553

Good Testing to you all.

:D

P.S. The SL Share feature is has been merged into this release as well.

If this fixes your issue iceing feel free to complain about how long it took to get this.

Link to post
Share on other sites


iceing Braveheart wrote:



you have not read a single post from this thread or any other thread linden lab's has put a script into the second life viewer which blocks anyone from using modern pc or laptop there is nothing to program linden lab's did it deliberately on purpose why invest money into a game/app second life if Linden Lab's doesn't want you to using or anyone one else in the first place?

a question though why are you insulting and trolling when you know nothing?



Iceing - your computer must be faulty, it seems to be missing   . . . . . . and  , , , , , !

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...