My items was returned before my tier is expired!!

NickenLee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3846 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have rent a parcel (1/16 full sim) for my store, and there are many events running now( TDOSL Holloween Hunt, discount sell...etc). But, all of my items was returned by the estate owner withount any reasion yestoday!!! And the 1/16 full sim was merged to 1/4 full sim!!

There are 2 things can prove that my tier has not expired until NOW!!

1.When I login yestoday, I receive a messge below:
[03:16] Big Best adsads tier fee box: Rental Box @ Carnival Land 194, 190, 23 - Your rental has 2 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes and 55 seconds left to run.

2. I have conversation record can prove I pay for 4 weeks for the tier on September 10, 2013.

So I buy the parcel back but not pay the tier( because my tier has not expired ) and sent IM and notecard to the estate owner for help yestoday, but I only get the IM back today:
[23:36] rxxxxxx Mxxxxx: (Saved Tue 08 Oct 2013 11:10:36) no tier fee no land
[23:36] rxxxxxx Mxxxxx: (Saved Tue 08 Oct 2013 11:11:09) if you buy the land without tier fee you wil be baned

And all of my items are returned again!!

I am considering to rent other parcel but my business is mess now, what can I do to ask the estate owner to reparation?

2 answers to this question

That's horrible :( I'm really sorry that happened to you, however, there is nothing you can do about what that landlord did.
It's classes a resident to resident dispute, which SL doesn't get involved in.

What most people suggest to business owners is to /own/ a mainland parcel. It's not as cool and pretty as a private estate parcel but since you own it, things like this can't happen. Of course that won't help you right now, I'm afraid.

Rebuild your shop, buy from a trusted landlord that won't sell the plot out of under you (Lionheart Commercial Sims come to mind) or be your own landlord and purchase a mainland plot that you own.

Also, before you yourself get into trouble, remove the landlords name from your post as that is against the community guidelines.

• Like 1

About all you can do is ask the estate owner to refund the two days rent you had remaining on your original parcel.  However, that is a very small amount, and it does not sound as if the owner is going to be interested in returning it to you.

The other thing you can do is stop renting from this particular estate owner.  There are lots of reputable estate owners out there who don't treat their tenants like scum.  And tell any of your friends who are thinking of renting land to stay away from them.  Word gets around about who is a good landlord, and who is not, and the poor ones don't stay in business.

Of course, you can eliminate the middleman by buying mainland, but you do have to put up with the "mainland vibe".  Mainland is less tightly regulated than private estates, and it can be hard to find an attractive area.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3846 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.