We are ready to take on a few more content creators for our Second Life team.

Aoifee Loon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3845 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am not going to answer all these questions and waste my time for a job I am not even sure I actually want to have.

And how on earth would /anyone/ be able to honestly answer the question of why they want to work for you?

Sorry, this is far too vague, and even though I make my own textures and now make poses and soon to be entire animations, I can't say I'm interested. This seems very dubious. If you can't be upfront about what this is all about then what do you have to hide?

Good luck finding creators though.

When you see a job listing in the real world, do you not investigate the company before applying?  Do you have all the facts about pay and bennifits before you go into the interview? It's not a matter of hiding.  It is a matter of weeding out the people who can't follow instructions, and are not seriously interested.   

This isn't RL. But to humor you, when I apply for a job, or go to a job interview I at least know what my job will entail. I will know exactly what I will do. That's why I applied to the job in the first place. Only a desperate person would apply/go to an interview without having a single clue what the  job is even about....which is exactly the problem here. You tell us nothing about what the job will be about.

Content creators are busy folks, we don't have time to go on a great heist to find information about a project we may or may not be interested in joining we'd rather work on our products. Most of us have a RL job alongside being a creator in SL. Do you think most of us have the time to go on a info hunt just to figure out whether we are interested or not?

Simply putting down: "This is who we are, this is what we do, this is what you will do." Goes a long way in not only getting people's interest but to also reach out to them. Right now you're basically throwing some vague job at us and go all 'have at it. Do your research, you'll probably waste your time because we can't bebothered to simply jot down a few lines to tell you right away'.

That is unwelcoming to boot. Is that really how you want to portray your team? Will this be the work ethic? Being vague instead of up front?

Rhetorical questions. I had a honest interest in this, no longer though. Toodles.

Aoifee Loon wrote:

When you see a job listing in the real world, do you not investigate the company before applying?  Do you have all the facts about pay and bennifits before you go into the interview? 

You're missing far more than that. There's no indication of what you do, how money is made, how time will be spent, what duties are. Further, no information is offered on your profile or on the Internet-at-large. If an RL company had such a tiny presence, it would be very difficult to convince people that they were legit. There's no way to 'investigate' because no information exists, this makes you look suspicious.

Aoifee Loon wrote:

It is a matter of weeding out the people who can't follow instructions, and are not seriously interested.   

Actually, all it does is waste your (and others) time. By not being specific, you will have to waste time (either here or in your interviews) explaining things that should've been made obvious from the outset. Since you're not saying what employees will be doing, you'll see many people walk out after you explain these important facts, just because there was no way to know about them beforehand. There's no way to know if prospective interviewees are 'seriously interested' or simply 'requiring more information' by being intentionally vague.

Good luck though, I hope common sense prevails.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3845 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.