Making USD with a basic account

Annikkia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I am new to SL and have a bit of confusion regarding basic VS Premium accounts and their monetary withdrawl limits.

Is it possible with a basic account (ie not paying to LL each month) for you to sell your Lindens for USD? If so how do you do it and what are the stipulations surrounding it?

~Thanks in advance! Annikkia

Every one can cashout.

The account limited is from your first transaction and is raised every month to a point of "commen use" as a normal merchant $5000/$2500.
I think that when you hit that limit after a couple of weeks as a merchant you automatically get increased to the busines level and beyond:
https://secondlife.com/my/lindex/describe-limits.php

After 6.5 I`m still at the level 1 "new resident" level of $5000/$2500 so don`t worry if it sounds abit nubbish :)
If you ever manage to hit that level and it doesn`t increase, there is always an option to ask for a trading limit review to have it increased manually.

I try to make a withdrawl to usd and I get this message: 

We are unable to complete your request

• This transaction would exceed your daily trading limit by US$2.94.
    Your daily trading limit is US$0.00
  • Transaction limit exceeded
  • The system encountered an error while processing your order, please try again.

Do you have payment on file?
I don`t know for sure, but if memory serves me right, the limits start after making your first linden purchase, even if it`s for only $1 (feel free to correct me)
Otherwise I would file a ticket for a trading limit review and ask it to be set to "resident level 1" (just follow my link)

I don't think there's anything wrong, Annikkia. I just think your account has not been active long enough for LL to allow you to sell Lindens for USD. Assuming you are posting here with the same name you're using inworld, your account is just under two weeks old.

Linden Lab has always had limits on how soon a new account could convert Lindens to real world currency. Lately I believe the limits have become even more stringent. There are (in my opinion, anyway) pretty good reasons for that.

Unscrupulous people can find ways to use places like Second Life to move real life money around. They can create a bazillion accounts, move a little on each account, and use that to launder money. That's why LL puts time restraints in place.

Considering you've managed to rack up about 750 Lindens in your two weeks (I'd guess you're a very serious camper) it is not likely you're one of those unscrupulous people, but programmed time limits don't look at the amount you want to convert. They just look at account age. I don't know what the minimum time is (might be 30 days) but you can probably find out by looking around on your dashboard or on Google, or someone who does know might post here.

At some point your account will be mature enough to exchange Lindens for USD in amounts larger than zero. Hang in there.

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.