Keywords, useless?

Amiryu Hosoi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3850 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I am updating all my products because I also am going to list thef at another place for hypergrid delivery. I like to keep my collection neat. To keep track of what products I have updated I want to use a special tag. In the past I used a few a tag like HUPT001 at the end of the item title. That works. Because I hate it that customers can see the tag I now want to add that tag to the keywords string.

Surprise... it does not work, searches on my special tag returns zero! Is the keywords string useless now?

Ami

Amiryu Hosoi wrote:

So, I am updating all my products because I also am going to list thef at another place for hypergrid delivery. I like to keep my collection neat. To keep track of what products I have updated I want to use a special tag. In the past I used a few a tag like HUPT001 at the end of the item title. That works. Because I hate it that customers can see the tag I now want to add that tag to the keywords string.

Surprise... it does not work, searches on my special tag returns zero! Is the keywords string useless now?

Ami

Ami, I believe they update the search index very seldom .. like maybe once every day. So if you just added the tag to your keywords list, it may take as much as 24 (and possibly 48) hours to return any results.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3850 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.