Why cant I turn off offline IMs via email?

Nubberz11

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I wanted to uncheck the "I would like to receive offline IMs via Email" under my contact info, but when i go to save the changes it keeps telling me my password was entered incorrectly. I KNOW im entering it right, and ive even tried clearing my cache to see if that fixed it but nothing seems to help.

Im getting sick of my email getting filled with ims and group notifications, please help? D:

Edit: I have cleared my browser's cache, disabled my adblock and have tried other browsers. It is still continuing to give me the "We are unable to complete your request, password incorrect" message. Also, I would change my email but it still wont let me because it thinks the password is wrong

3 answers to this question

The cache to clear is your browser's cache. Also, turn off your AdBlocker software, if you have it. As a last resort, use a different web browser.  Some combination of those tactics ought to do the trick.

As an aside, many SL residents (like me) have a separate gmail account that is only for SL messages.  That keeps all the forwarded IMs and other stuff from getting mixed in with family and business e-mail.  It also makes it easy to delete whole chunks without accidentally deleting non-SL stuff.  You might think about that.

Have you sent your SL e-mail to a separate gmail account, or is it still going to the same e-mail account with all your other correspondence? Almost everyone I know uses a separate gmail or yahoo account. That way, SL mail doesn't get mixed in with everything else. If you're having trouble changing the account, remember that Linden Lab is asking for your SL password to verify the change, not your e-mail's password.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.