false advertisement

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3842 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Malanya wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

You have mistaken what's been said in this thread. He didn't not get the job because he has a group for DJing. He failed to get the job because he is a club owner; i.e. a competitor. There's a world of difference.

I know that, I didn't misread. Maybe my reply didn't convey that? He is ALSO a dj not just a club owner. I think I clarified that in my reply. Maybe you have mistaken my reply.

Here is part of what I wrote in my reply "
A club owner who is threatened by a dj that plays at other clubs needs to re-evalute their business
." I didn't think I need to add anything else since his OP explained he was also a club owner.

Your post, even the part you quoted, only talked about DJs who work at other clubs and what you wrote sounded as though you thought he didn't get the job because he worked at other clubs. That's why I pointed out that he failed to get the job for an entirely different reason.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil Deakins wrote:

Malanya wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

You have mistaken what's been said in this thread. He didn't not get the job because he has a group for DJing. He failed to get the job because he is a club owner; i.e. a competitor. There's a world of difference.

I know that, I didn't misread. Maybe my reply didn't convey that?
He is ALSO a dj not just a club owner. I think I clarified that in my reply. Maybe you have mistaken my reply.

Here is part of what I wrote in my reply "
A club owner who is threatened by a dj that plays at other clubs needs to re-evalute their business
." I didn't think I need to add anything else since his OP explained he was also a club owner.

Your post, even the part you quoted, only talked about DJs who work at other clubs and what you wrote
sounded as though you thought he didn't get the job because he worked at other clubs.
That's why I pointed out that he failed to get the job for an entirely different reason.

^^ Yep think we said this already.

I think you're still mistaken. Your quote from your original post that we're talking about states that "A club owner who is threatened by a dj that plays at other clubs needs to re-evalute their business", as you rightly said. But that club owner wasn't the OP (the DJ). It was the club owner who rejected the OP's application. The application was rejected because the OP was also a club owner, and not because he "is a DJ that plays at other clubs."

Phil Deakins wrote:

I think you're still mistaken. Your quote from your original post that we're talking about states that "
A club owner who is threatened by a dj that plays at other clubs needs to re-evalute their business"
, as you rightly said. But that club owner wasn't the OP (the DJ). It was the club owner who rejected the OP's application. The application was rejected because the OP was also a club owner, and not because he "
is a DJ that plays at other clubs.
"

No, I actually know what I wrote, I am not mistaken. I know what I meant also. We all know the OP is a club owner.. OK?? So you must not have read my original post about competition. The club owner is insecure is he/she is threatened by a dj A) working in other venues or B) Dj'ing and owning a venue. If you can't see that from all of my posts I don't know what to tell you. I won't go back and forth with you on this because it's petty word for word stuff.

Next..

Malanya wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Malanya wrote:

Sven Woodside wrote:

So I have been a dj in sl for two years.My av is all laq and it gets lots of compliments.So i go to this unnamed club something to do with a storm.Anyways i ask if they are hiring and they say yes we are.So great i ask and recieve an app.I read it all it looks standard to me nothing special so i fill it out,I then send it to the owner.She likes it and wants to interview me.so she said tp me over to your place and ill interview you.I said ok cause things were winding down at my club.So she pops in and says is this your club?I said yes.She said oh we dont hire anyone who owns their own club.WT And so an argument took place.She can be very verbally abusive,Just a heads up to the dj's who are filing out apps waisting their time.

I have never heard of such a thing ,if anyone else has experienced this let me know!!

A club owner who is threatened by a dj that plays at other clubs needs to re-evalute their business. If you have a dj group as another poster said, all clubs you dj at could benefit if you send out notices where you are dj'ing within your group. Some large compnies in RL will do something similar to promote one of their smaller companies. A little competition can't hurt.

I see nothing wrong with you mentioning your av and looks. This is a visual world, just because you are spinning doesn't mean people aren't looking too. I also find nothing wrong with your verbiage. Some replies you received were more of a personal attack on how you mentioned your looks and something about your typing. That is silly, if you read through the posts I see many grammatical errors and people that have replied on this thread have yapped about how wonderful they look in other threads.

I think you got some good advice from some experienced people here. Those are the posts I would take and think about what their messages were. I would not waste my time arguing with someone over an application, it's not worth your time. Don't stoop to their level either and publically air out your differences. Good luck.

I'm glad to see you haven't lost your touch.  I mean, why just give your opinion on a subject, when you can go out of your way to belittle the opinions of others in the process?

...Dres

Well Dres, I am glad to see you haven't lost your touch of posting after me even if it's the only post you make to the thread so you can do the same as you are accusing me of. Belittling people, please, read some of your posts and don't worry about mine. I am flattered how you follow me though.
:)

You wouldn't know the definition of hypocrypte, now would you?

I am counting down now....

You're right... I have no idea what's the definition of hypocrypte.

...Dres

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

You're right... I have no idea what's the definition of hypocrypte

...Dres

Here's an example:

M wrote:

Some replies you received were more of a personal attack on how you mentioned your looks and something about your typing. That is silly, if you read through the posts I see many grammatical errors and people that have replied on this thread have yapped about how wonderful they look in other threads.

I would not waste my time arguing with someone over an application, it's not worth your time. Don't stoop to their level either and publically air out your differences. Good luck.

Tada!

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

...Dres

Here's an example:

M wrote:

Some replies you received were more of a personal attack on how you mentioned your looks and something about your typing. That is silly, if you read through the posts I see many grammatical errors and people that have replied on this thread have yapped about how wonderful they look in other threads.

I would not waste my time arguing with someone over an application, it's not worth your time. Don't stoop to their level either and publically air out your differences. Good luck.

Tada!

Tada! Another poster coming out of the woodwork doing the same exact thing Mr. Dres accused me of. Hilarious. It's amusing that those that "clique" together can't see they do what they accuse others of. Thank goodness you guys have each other!

I like that.. "M wrote" lol

Malanya wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

...Dres

Here's an example:

M wrote:

Tada!

Tada! Another poster coming out of the woodwork doing the same exact thing Mr. Dres accused me of. Hilarious. It's amusing that those that "clique" together can't see they do what they accuse others of. Thank goodness you guys have each other!

I didn't do what Dres accused you of.  For me to do that I would have had to say how terrible it was, then do it.  (the hypocrite thing)   I merely reposted words from this thread that illustrate the word. 

I've never seen your name or posts before today...so I find it odd that you would trot out the term "clique".   Also, your imagination is getting a little out of hand, as I never accused you of anything.

Seeing as how we've just now met (Or, do you sometimes use another name?) you're reacting very defensively and snarky.   No humor?    ; )

Malanya wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

...Dres

Here's an example:

M wrote:

Tada!

I didn't do what Dres accused you of.  For me to do that I would have had to say how terrible it was,
then
do it.  (the hypocrite thing)   I merely reposted words from this thread that illustrate the word. 

I've never seen your name or posts before today...so I find it odd that you would trot out the term "clique".   Also, your imagination is getting a little out of hand, as I never accused you of anything.

Seeing as how we've just now met (Or, do you sometimes use another name?) you're reacting very defensively and snarky.   No humor?    ; )

Ummm.. Yeah I use another name. I believe it shows how many posts I have made and I find it hard to believe that you say we just met because this isn't the 1st time you have responded indirectly to my post through.. Dres :) I know this because as long as I have been posting There is a certain pattern.  The term clique is humor. I am not defensive, Do you think for one minute I take what anyone says here to heart just because I respond in a way that the poster didn't like? No.

My imagination is getting out of hand? Really? I wonder how you can determine that, I don't know you except from the posts you make on this forum so you in turn don't know me. AGAIN LOL it's funny, "Certain" posters throw your so called snark at new residents that don't deserve it, they are defensive and rude. That is acceptable though, by "certain" posters.

Humor.. Can you see if I am laughing as I type this? No, didn't think so. People take this forum a bit too serious and I can see why, they live on here. I guess that's their "RL" Btw, nice meeting you.. again :)

Let's take 2 guesses what will happen next..

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

Malanya wrote:

"Certain" posters throw your so called snark at new residents that don't deserve it, they are defensive and rude.

I only throw snark at people who do deserve it.

Of course, being the judge and jury you decide who deserves it, it's your reply. But if a topic hits close to home, the snark goes out the window and the pushy debate comes into play, it turns so fast sometimes, doesn't it?

I have found that some people will actually avoid their "friends" (using the word lightly) on here if there is a heated debate and they don't want another person on the thread to think they are actual friends with the person they are disagreeing with. I think many people take this forum too seriously like I said before. They also take some posts to heart and are delusional.

There are some interesting threads as well as some threads created for humor. Many of then seem to be P!ssing Contests though. Emotion doesn't come across in text so people get their panties in a twist and come flying in TRYING to "belittle" (is that the right word lol) the poster. I happen to be the type of person that takes nothing personal on this forum. I respond sometimes, many times I don't. I actually find amusement in replying sometimes.. like tonight.

Malanya wrote:

Of course, being the judge and jury you decide who deserves it, it's your reply.

Of course. I don't feel that I need to convene a committee to decide how to respond to people, not even in my own head. Do you?

P.S. Some of the "new residents" (I think you probably mean "new posters") start off pretty rude and defensive.

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

Malanya wrote:

Of course, being the judge and jury you decide who deserves it, it's your reply.

Of course. I don't feel that I need to convene a committee to decide how to respond to people, not even in my own head. Do you?

P.S. Some of the "new residents" (I think you probably mean "new posters") start off pretty rude and defensive.

No I don't, does it really seem that I do? Naw.. i don't think so. Don't we all decide for ourselves how we respond to others? Well, I can't say all, because some people are swayed for different reasons and won't speak their mind.  Read again the quote from my post you bolded. I am my own judge and jury when I post, aren't you of yourself?

I was referring to new residents. People that ask questions and people jump all over them. Sure, some people come and post with a chip on their shoulder and some want the forumites to agree with them so they feel better. I was speaking of people that are asking honest questions.

edit: oh no another typo. must be time to log off.

Malanya wrote:

Ummm.. Yeah I use another name. I believe it shows how many posts I have made and I find it hard to believe that you say we just met because this isn't the 1st time you have responded indirectly to my post through.. Dres

Uh...I've not responded to you before.  I dont' even recognize the name "Malanya"?     So, are you saying you're an alt?  Also, I rarely post to the SL forum....anymore...so your comment makes no sense.

Malanya wrote:

I know this because as long as I have been posting There is a certain pattern.  The term clique is humor. I am not defensive, Do you think for one minute I take what anyone says here to heart just because I respond in a way that the poster didn't like? No.

Again...I'm not following your chain of thinking here.  Do you use another account?  As I don't know this account (Malanya)    I rarely post to the SL forum, so where is this "pattern" that you're referring to?  Care to point to some posts that will show such a pattern? 

Malanya wrote:

My imagination is getting out of hand? Really? I wonder how you can determine that, I don't know you except from the posts you make on this forum so you in turn don't know me.

Yup.  You imagined, "Another poster coming out of the woodwork doing the same exact thing Mr. Dres accused me of." 

Because, for one I didn't come out of the woodwork, but read the whole thread, and decided to reply.  Which is how people do here on the forum.  Second, I didn't do "the exact same thing" that Dres said you did.  So, you imagined things. 

Malanya wrote:

AGAIN LOL it's funny, "Certain" posters throw your so called snark at new residents that don't deserve it, they are defensive and rude. That is acceptable though, by "certain" posters.

You put the word "certain" in quotes.  Who are you talking about? Your comment makes no sense to me.  I have no clue what or who you're referring to?    You on the other hand were pretty snarky though. 

Malanya wrote:

Humor.. Can you see if I am laughing as I type this? No, didn't think so.

Ah, so you took the chip off your shoulder....good.  *chuckles*

Malanya wrote:

People take this forum a bit too serious and I can see why, they live on here. I guess that's their "RL" Btw, nice meeting you.. again

Let's take 2 guesses what will happen next..

Wow, you really do like to try and insult people don't you?  Making cracks about people's "RL", even though you don't know them.   Too bad I can't say it was nice meeting you.  *shakes head*

What will happen next?  My guess is you will continue to insult people, and make unplesant remarks about their RL (even though you've no clue about their life).  As to the why...well...that's a mystery.  But, I have a pretty good guess.

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

Malanya wrote:

Don't we all decide for
ourselves
how we respond to others?

Yes, I think for the most part we all do.

Read again the quote from my post you bolded.

Hmmm. Can't find any bolding from me...

I am my own judge and jury when I post, aren't you of yourself?

Yep.

@ Griffin Ohhh. lol you are right. See what happenes when you post to forums past bedtime. Let me rephrase that, Read what you quoted from my posr where the text is black. There.

@Dres Don't get so excited, I didn't fly off the handle. That would be immpossible to get me to do on this forum. They are not theories, but whatever you say, I don't have the desire to humor you anymore with my crazy replies, look at it as saving you from reading my posts. lol.

@Celestiall Uh.. I believe I already replied to you. Yes, you did post to me because of Dres previously, just because I pointed it out that you did don't think it did anything but amuse me. I only recall you because you have the same legacy name as another poster here. That's all.

As far as insults, maybe you should take a good look around this forum lol. No I am not posting under 2 avatar names. I guess if you don't recall my posts they aren't as "insulting" as you claim, huh? I believe the "alt" issue is a debate you are having on another thread.

You can take what I say as an insult, more power to you and your theories.  Because I don't take a forum like this and what people say personal it has something to do with my posts lol?  It appears I may be on the right track, a forum doesn't get me all twisted and whiney, this isn't my life.. This is a forum. I make remarks about others rl? Ahh meaning they live on the forum? If that's all you got to throw at me, take a step back and read a good amount of posts on this forum.. again.

edit: The pattern I referred to Celestiall isn't all about you it's how many post. They don't post to a whole thread and they post off topic to one poster and then others follow. They all have something in commom. I am not sure if you are aware, but I can't name any particular person. On what happenes next you have NO clue what does happen after someone gets all bent out of shape on here.. do you? ;)

Malanya wrote:

@Celestiall Uh.. I believe I already replied to you. Yes, you did post to me because of Dres previously, just because I pointed it out that you did don't think it did anything but amuse me. I only recall you because you have the same legacy name as another poster here. That's all.

As far as insults, maybe you should take a good look around this forum lol. No I am not posting under 2 avatar names. I guess if you don't recall my posts they aren't as "insulting" as you claim, huh? I believe the "alt" issue is a debate you are having on another thread.

You can take what I say as an insult, more power to you and your theories. 
Because I don't take a forum like this and what people say personal
it has something to do with my posts lol?  It appears I may be on the right track, a forum doesn't get me all twisted and whiney, this isn't my life.. This is a forum. I make remarks about others rl? Ahh meaning they live on the forum? If that's all you got to throw at me, take a step back and read a good amount of posts on this forum.. again.

edit: The pattern I referred to Celestiall isn't all about you it's how many post. They don't post to a whole thread and they post off topic to one poster and then others follow. They all have something in commom. I am not sure if you are aware, but I can't name any particular person. On what happenes next you have NO clue what does happen after someone gets all bent out of shape on here.. do you?
;)

You sure do spend time and effort posting for someone who claims they don't take things personal.  Your actions belie your words.

Malanya wrote:

it has something to do with my posts lol?  It appears I may be on the right track, a forum doesn't get me all twisted and whiney, this isn't my life.. This is a forum. I make remarks about others rl? Ahh meaning they live on the forum? If that's all you got to throw at me, take a step back and read a good amount of posts on this forum.. again.

edit: The pattern I referred to Celestiall isn't all about you it's how many post. They don't post to a whole thread and they post off topic to one poster and then others follow. They all have something in commom. I am not sure if you are aware, but I can't name any particular person. On what happenes next you have NO clue what does happen after someone gets all bent out of shape on here.. do you?
;)

You sure do spend time and effort posting for someone who claims they don't take things personal.  Your actions belie your words.

I find this humorous You are too funny, I am posting back because I take it personal?  Is that why you are replying to me because YOU take this personal? Why do you think I keep replying to you? Think about that. I have an hour or so before I start working. Feel free to keep posting to me ;)

Do my actions really *belie* my words.. wow. You are exempt keep that in your imagination mind.

Malanya wrote:

Malanya wrote:

;)

I find this humorous You are too funny, I am posting back because I take it personal?  Is that why you are replying to me because YOU take this personal? Why do you think I keep replying to you? Think about that.
I have an hour or so before I start working. Feel free to keep posting to me
;)

Do my actions really *belie* my words.. wow. You are exempt keep that in your
imagination
mind.

Yes, you are posting back because you take it personal.  (as am I)  Your comments are designed to insult, and reflect a very "personal" attitude.  You may pretend that you're above having actual feelings here, but I don't.  Why would I?  We're people here on the forum just like those inworld, and just like those in RL.   Do you go around making these type of snide remarks to people in RL...to their faces?

I am a person, and my actions and feelings are personal.  I do not separate my mind from my typing hands when I post here.  Nor, does anyone.   Of course it's personal.  How else can it be?

Malanya wrote:

Malanya wrote:

;)

I find this humorous You are too funny, I am posting back because I take it personal?  Is that why you are replying to me because YOU take this personal? Why do you think I keep replying to you? Think about that.
I have an hour or so before I start working. Feel free to keep posting to me
;)

Do my actions really *belie* my words.. wow. You are exempt keep that in your
imagination
mind.

Yes, you are posting back because you take it personal.  (as am I)  Your comments are designed to insult, and reflect a very "personal" attitude.  You may pretend that you're above having actual feelings here, but I don't.  Why would I?  We're people here on the forum just like those inworld, and just like those in RL.   Do you go around making these type of snide remarks to people in RL...to their faces?

I am a person, and my actions and feelings are personal.  I do not separate my mind from my typing hands when I post here.  Nor, does anyone.   Of course it's personal.  How else can it be?

No, I don't take anyone's comment personal, I don't know you so it doesn't  become a personal matter to me. You can speak for yourself. That is your opinion on how my comments are designed, and you are entitled like me and everyone else to our opinions whether they agree with someone or not. I don't play pretend with my feelings, I don't view the forum as you do, it's simple. NO lol Some of the people on this forum do a 180 inworld I am not going to get into a discussion as to how I know or why etc. Some of my posts are in agreeance with another or a remark on the comment they made to another. So go down the line of where the first comment came from? No. This place is taken, again, a bit too seriously imo by so many.

Since you asked a question that to me is beyond ridiculous I will answer it that way. Yes I go around in RL making snide remarks to people. Seriously are you just another poster who thinks their comments are sugar coated sweetness and use the phrase "humor" to hide the rude comment.?  I hate to burst that bubble but I am a kind person. I am a giving person, in fact that is one of my downfalls. I give too much to people. I am very empathetic so I may fall for the person who lays it on thick and I have the ability to do things for someone i will. It feels good to give and even if the person was dishonest, it still felt good on my end. I donate a lot of my "stuff" to people I don't know so they can move on with their lives, get treatment and people that have no insurance so they can pay for prosthetics or anything else they can't afford. Cancer. It has taken the lives of many people close to me and I donate what I make and also my time for people with cancer, even back in my home state to 3 of the large treatment centers. So to answer your question again.. No I do not walk around making snide remarks to people in RL.

I am confused how many people that participate on this forum point fingers yet can't look at themselves, I am speaking of many people. You don't understand for some reason that I do not have any emotional ties to this forum. TBH when I start my day for the type of work I do I can sit here and read. Same througout the day. I can't beliieve some of the things people post. Funny there are many people that reply so rude and i always wondered why no one ever said anything to them, lol but i actually no why and it would be a whole new topic. There is about 14 off hand I can think of. One poster on this particular thread told me of the hatred of this forum lol so I don't believe what 90% of the people say here nor do I get upset when they say rude things. Don't confuse me posting back because it bothers me, that's not why i respond.

I do not combined this forum and being inworld as one on the same. It's not. Not to me. I am sorry it's just not something I take personal. You could say anything you wanted to me and it will not upset me. I promise.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3842 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.