You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Summer Tison wrote:

Maybe because it was your blanket comment that you were defending people with disabilities, so what gives YOU the right to talk for everyone? I do believe I said I can stand up for myself...and at no point did I suggest I was the only disabled person alive, maybe your disability is the inability to read a post correctly?

You really need to lighten up and not take every comment to heart.

You posted  "Don't feel the need to defend people with disabilities, that's almost as bad as saying we cannot defend ourselves" The word in bold is plural so one may think you are speaking for more than just yourself.  

I don't have a right to speak for others, only what I see, my opinion (which is no less valid than you havinfg one) with the people close to me. I don't see in my post where I said that, the link I shared was someone speaking for people, I didn't make that video.

I don't have a disability, I used that as an example, I asked you, if you knew what my personal life was like and IF you knew I had a disibility of some sort. That does not mean I don't have people in my family or very close to me with disabilities or illnesses. I can read very well too. That said, we all interpret the same thing different. I am not sure if you are sitting next to me or not, I don't see you, so you can't say how I take a comment. I don't take every comment to heart, not by far. You are not able to see my emotion in this text, just as i am not able to see yours. If I don't shower something with smiley faces is that some clue of how I feel?

I don't need to lighten up. My heart is not affected by these posts. Don't confuse an opinion with a crying session.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Syo Emerald wrote:

Before you go against my spelling...please learn a second language and try to use it flawless and fluent all the time.

This comment is, of course, nonsensical. This is an English language forum. Why should anyone be forced to learn and use a second (rate) language before commenting on the ineffectiveness of  communication of others here?

You might just as well suggest that people should become expert in telepathy to participate in the forums so that they can understand better what others are trying to say in their posts.

ETA: Although that would be very useful in many cases.

Summer Tison wrote:

Don't feel the need to defend people with disabilities . . .  I quite like all the oddballs like Pie

Summer, how dare you suggest that I may be defective. I will have you know I have an even number of balls, and a non-zero number at that!

ETA: Sorry if I have misunderstood what you may have intended to say; it was entirely intentional.

steph Arnott wrote:

I am convinced that you even argue with your self in the mirror.

Pie's 'ability' to provoke such emotional reaction to each and every post he presents, to each and every sentence he pens is simply amazing.   You feel betrayed. Madelaine (yeah, both of them) whine.  Rhonda wishes for the death of his cousin.  I laugh.  And sometimes I laugh really, really hard.

My laughter in reaction to Pie's words is the reaction experienced when I encounter great wit, cleverness, command of language, or a word artificer.  He is without peer when it comes to the breadth and depth of humor I read in his words.

To this end, of course he practices in the mirror.  What great artist doesn't?  Rhetorical.

I'll stop using the word retarded when people stop joking about things like "go kill yourself" and "jump off a bridge". Suicide is a reall issue for people who live with it but you don't see as many people get there panties in a bunch when someone says it now do you?You can only be so PC before it becomes ridiculous.

Madeline Blackbart wrote:

I'll stop using the word retarded when people stop joking about things like "go kill yourself" and "jump off a bridge". Suicide is a reall issue for people who live with it but you don't see as many people get there panties in a bunch when someone says it now do you?You can only be so PC before it becomes ridiculous.

Oh, I am so sorry i didn't cover all the ignorant things said in the world. But I kinda did if you read my posts. You are another one who has only seen tradgedy, illness, etc. Guess what.. I don't care if you use the word or not, you are in control should be of your word choices and if you choose to be ignorant that's up to you. You didn't make sense with the panties in the bunch sentence so I will pass on trying to figure it out.

Seems as if you are making your way through the whole forum lol.. have fun :)

Pie Serendipity wrote:

Rushmanyyz wrote:

Pie seems rather socially-retarded - in the technical sense (I submit his posts as evidence).

On the contrary! Your observation fall into the same trap as a considerable number of respected but misguided psychologists who apparently fail to understand the difference between an excess of empathic ability and a lack of consequent sympathy.

I am extremely socially-advanced, understanding and communing extremely effectively with even the most cognitively-disadvantaged here, as evidence by the willingness of the semi-literate to participate in this thread; just because I use my perspicacity to highlight your deficiencies, rather than working with you to find coping strategies (I leave that to a close relative who is paid to make inadequates feel better about themselves) does not make ME deficient.

I submit both my posts and the posts of those who engage socially, if antagonistically, with me, as evidence.

Rushmanyyz wrote:
 As a result, I'd rather suggest that the lady is more correct than
derissive.

May I suggest that you stop using words that you neither understand the meaning of, nor know how to spell; your attempts to appear literate are humiliating you in the eyes of the more intelligent - and will just annoy those mentally disadvantaged who have to waste time trying to find non-existent words in dictionaries.

This is like shooting ducks in a barrel, Pie...

de·ri·sive  

/diˈrīsiv/

Adjective
Expressing contempt or ridicule: "a harsh, derisive laugh".

Synonyms
derisory - sneering - mocking - quizzical - ridiculous

I stipulate the point that I typoed an extra s. I'd apologize but seeing your head explode over it was worth it. You'll note that I used the word correctly though. Though her word choice was derisive toward you, it was not derisive toward retarded people (who, by default, deserve more respect than you do). Come on man... Read coherently! You're trying so hard to find flaws to troll out that you are arguing your points like a dim bulb. How about you take a step back and realize you're not as bright as you want to appear?

Now, this is gold:

"Your observation fall into the same trap as a considerable number of respected..."

Uh oh! Pie did an error! Can he find it? Will the irony strike him hard in the face?

I expect this from you though, Pie. You're a crappy troll. I'm just here to get you to keep providing evidence of it. Maybe some day you'll go out and do something more productive. Personally, I feel like following that advice for myself. Might check back on this for a giggle (depending on your reply) though - so troll away! 

Pie Serendipity wrote:

Summer Tison wrote:

Don't feel the need to defend people with disabilities . . .  I quite like all the oddballs like Pie

Summer, how dare you suggest that I may be defective. I will have you know I have an even number of balls, and a non-zero number at that!

ETA: Sorry if I have misunderstood what you may have intended to say; it was entirely intentional.

Comments like this is exactly why I need whacky people in my life...defects and all. :smileysurprised:

Rushmanyyz wrote:

I stipulate the point that I typoed an extra s.

It looks awfully to me as if you simply mis-spelled it, particularly given your over-reaction to Pie pointing out your error. I am sure that he knew you meant "derisive", and knew exactly what it means. You also used it incorrectly, as the lady herself would not have been derisive, although her words or actions might have been perceived as such. A subtle distinction, but that's the difference between good English and your pretentious version of it.

I recognise your problem as my brother suffers from a similar desire to humiliate himself by using what he thinks are "clever" words, and then mis-spelling them. He is also as arrogant as you, not believing he needs to spell-check his words. As Pie said elsewhere, the problem with those who do not know they have a problem is that they have the even bigger problem of not knowing they have that problem.

steph Arnott wrote:

I am convinced that you even argue with your self in the mirror.

I think, as a self-confessed narcissist, Pie probably spends a lot of the time in front of a mirror, but he isn't arguing with himself; more likely he is admiring himself and blowing himself kisses.

Never heard of getting your panties in a bunch then huh? I geuss I'll have to define the phrase for you. http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/get_one%27s_knickers_in_a_twist#English hmm that wasn't so hard... Ignorance is when you feel the need to force everyone else to be PC  when it's completely unneccissary.  Here i'll give you a qoute from someone who said it better then I can.

“Offence is so easily given. And where the 'minority' issue is involved, the rules seem to shift about: most of the time a person who is female/black/disabled/gay wants this not to be their defining characteristic; you are supposed to be blind to it. But then, on other occasions, you are supposed to observe special sensitivity, or show special respect.”
Lynne Truss, Talk to the Hand: The Utter Bloody Rudeness of the World Today, or Six Good Reasons to Stay Home and Bolt the Door

Stop trying to force us all to be sensitive at only the times it's convient to you and your arguements. "Winning" an arguement with..well I'm so offended by your one word choice I will fail to anaylize the rest of your arguement is more then a little ignorant to say the least. You can't shut down every arguement against you because OMG i'm sooo offended. GET OVER IT!

And yes I have chatted on other parts of the forum as last I checked that's what they're for. And god forbid I have an opinion you don't agree with...SHOCK AWE! And god forbid I get angry at people who insult me for silly things...oooooh how AWEFUL!

I find it incredibly amusing that she can't read posts. I used what she quoted only I changed the word to "Twist" LOL. I also find it funny things are an arguement on this forum and you have to win. That's just weird. But this comes from a person who feels she can "force" you to give your RL info and if you don't she says you are hiding stuff. Odd, I am not hiding anything I just don't find it necessassry to give so much of my RL info to a bunch of people I don't know. I guess though if you have a simpleton life where what you do or what you have achieved isn't that impressive, it would be ok to invite the whole world into your life . Ahh.. some get so fired up so easily ;)

Yeah the grammar thing.. typos are one thing but complete breakdown of the English language is another.

Edit : My opinions are forced upon others? I didn't think I was that powerful to force people to do what I wanted. Hmmm interesting

steph Arnott wrote:

What has all this to do with the topic. The OP has made no comments so far so the topic is dead.

ADDED; Five pages of comments that are of no point, other than petty you said this and you said that.

Most of the posts in this thread demonstrate a disability that is very relevant to SL, and in particular these forums - semi-literacy!

ETA: You might even believe that "SL" = "Semi-Literacy"

Malanya wrote:

. I guess though if you have a simpleton life where what you do or what you have achieved isn't that impressive, it would be ok to invite the whole world into your life

1) Why the derogatory slams about other people's supposed RL?   These are people you do not even know.

2) Your statement about inviting the whole world into you life does not hold up to scrutiny.  More often those who are high achievers are very public with their lives, this is true in both RL and SL.  The reason is that they don't feel it necessary to pretend, and are comfortable with themselves.  

Malanya wrote:

. I guess though if you have a simpleton life where what you do or what you have achieved isn't that impressive, it would be ok to invite the whole world into your life

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the benchmark by which you consider achieved is what? 

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

Malanya wrote:

1) Why the derogatory slams about other people's supposed RL?   These are people you do not even know.

2) Your statement about inviting the whole world into you life does not hold up to scrutiny.  More often those who are high achievers are very public with their lives, this is true in both RL and SL.  The reason is that they don't feel it necessary to pretend, and are comfortable with themselves.  

You're right Celestiall, maybe ask the person I directed it to and the way she can decide when we don't share our RL with someone as she demands you do or you are hiding something :) And I am very comfortable with myself and I am not in SL to be anyone else so I am not hiding, but it doesn not mean I need to give anyone my RL info more than I have shared on my profile. Did you ask THAT person why the remarks? I responded to her. So my response was derogatory, yet the poster is rude and Assumes, lol really though that's fine. I find that debate with some of these people is comical, especially when they can't see how their remarks got the response it did.

Funny how remarks are such a big deal yet I recall half a thread disappearing because of the crass remarks regarding you being an alt. I really thought the "apology' after half the thread got pulled by another poster was a desperate attempt.

Like everyone says, don't take these posts too seriously. I really don't. The comment about a word that offends millions was my opinion, I don't force people to believe in what I do, or to be sensivitive but they fling an oxymoron when they post back. But don't we all have a right to post what we believe in? There are people on this forum that don't debate or reply they fish for an arguement, I am sure you can see that. Some days I ignore them and some days I am entertained by the ignorance they wrap their insults in. This is a forum, it does not have anything to do with my RL nor does it affect it. It does for many and that's not my problem. I come to that conclusion by them actually telling me and by seeing them on so much.

TO everyone else who thinks I am trying to shove sensitivity down your throats, I am not that person you assume. I am empathetic, I am kind, I would help the poster that has said some of the rudest things to me, but only in certain cases. Ask my friend Trinity what I am really like and my thoughts on this forum. She is honest. :) Other than that I am done reading this thread it's a bit worn.

edit decided to correct my typos, but didn't bother with proper use of punctuatiuon. It's still too early for me or maybe it has something to do with working while on here (I work for myself before anyone responds that I shouldn't be on here while I work lol) oh well lol.

Yes I did say that the comment that you just read about what benchmark proves the point that people judge others by there opinion of what matches upto there definition of ability What one person is good at another is.not and so on.

ADDED And i know my grammer is not upto others standards, but then i got better things to do than lose any sleep over it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.