Jump to content
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic


Cazann72 wrote:

Hi id like to chat to people who use SL that have a physical impairment or any learning disability. 

I do not really care about hiding it...I do have high-functioning autism, along with some other things which come along with it, including speech impairments and a physical disability...but the reason I come into SL is so I can interact with people in ways I can not interact with people in RL.

So you can shoot me an IM if you'd like to, but if it is only to talk about disabilities all the time (I am assuming that is what you are looking for; please forgive me if it isn't), I might not really respond after a while. After all, I come into SL to free myself from it/them, not to dwell on it moreso.

The same goes for many other SLers with disabilities in RL, although not for all.

 

Edited to add: You can also join groups inworld which are for people with disabilities, such as support groups or groups to raise awareness, or for people who have a particular disability (or a loved one who does) to hang out and talk in.

Link to post
Share on other sites


Pie Serendipity wrote:

Obviously it's a journalist. Probably the same one, using an alt, that got chased off last week for trying to generate hate over the ridiculous concept of discrimination in a world where you can pretend to be anything you want.

Your irrational (almost psychotic) need to troll everything that comes down the pipe is evident here more than most, Pie. In your deluded world, everything fits a narrow narrative and must always be combated. Have you a positive thought worthy of expressing? You have all the hallmarks of a hack writer who's shtick is just being a very droll contrarian curmudgeon, sorta like Rush Limbaugh but less endearing.

Link to post
Share on other sites


Rushmanyyz wrote:


Pie Serendipity wrote:

Obviously it's a journalist. Probably the same one, using an alt, that got chased off last week for trying to generate hate over the ridiculous concept of discrimination in a world where you can pretend to be anything you want.

Your rational (definitely psychotic) need to troll everything really stupid that comes down the pipe is evident here more than most, Pie. In your perceptive world, everything really stupid fits a narrow narrative and must always be combated. Have other people a positive thought worthy of expressing?

FIFY!


Rushmanyyz wrote:

 

 a very droll contrarian curmudgeon


Thank you for this outrageous compliment. "A very droll contrarian curmudgeon" is just what I aim for, so I am obviously hitting the mark successfully.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites


Syo Emerald wrote:


jwenting wrote:


Madeline Blackbart wrote:

Yup because discrimination in SL never happens...just ask the furry community. Also little paranoid much? Doubt it's the same person.

Or are you just angry that so many humans don't want to have sex with animals in second life? Because from what I've seen that's often how the trouble starts, a furry jumping into a sim with a boner and starting to im every woman around solliciting sexual favours.

You just proved how dumb you are. Its retared, shows how wrong your informations are and how much you love to discriminate others. Dumbest and ugliest thing I have read for a while on this forum.

Yep, some Furries are no better than Vampires.  They will **bleep** anyone they see, no questions asked.  Horny little beggars they are.

Link to post
Share on other sites


Rushmanyyz wrote:


Pie Serendipity wrote:

Obviously it's a journalist. Probably the same one, using an alt, that got chased off last week for trying to generate hate over the ridiculous concept of discrimination in a world where you can pretend to be anything you want.

Your irrational (almost psychotic) need to troll everything that comes down the pipe is evident here more than most, Pie. In your deluded world, everything fits a narrow narrative and must always be combated. Have you a positive thought worthy of expressing? You have all the hallmarks of a hack writer who's shtick is just being a very droll contrarian curmudgeon, sorta like Rush Limbaugh but less endearing.

OMG Rushmanyyz thank you for this. You've expressed it so eloquently here. If I could kudos you I would. I'd even give you a hug in world. lolz I think i've found a new friend. lolz

Link to post
Share on other sites


jwenting wrote:


Madeline Blackbart wrote:

Yup because discrimination in SL never happens...just ask the furry community. Also little paranoid much? Doubt it's the same person.

yes, the furry community discriminates against others, and gets as good as it gets as a result of the frequent griefing of places by furries.

Which might not be "real furries" of course, they can easily claim, but people dressed up as furries to make furries look bad, but then again the people discriminating against furries outside the furry community might be furries dressed up as humans to make humans look bad, right?.

Get over it already, where there's people there's going to be some who are narrow minded.

Or are you just angry that so many humans don't want to have sex with animals in second life? Because from what I've seen that's often how the trouble starts, a furry jumping into a sim with a boner and starting to im every woman around solliciting sexual favours.

Dude seriousally? I'm not even a furry SL or RL. Aren't you just making angry assumptions based on your perception I am a furry (thus apperantly making me whiney and horrible).

"Get over it already, where there's people there's going to be some who are narrow minded."

That's kinda my point. Discrimination exists. Thanks for agreeing with me.

 

Also where are you hanging out that furries are like that? because the ones I've talked to haven't spammed me for sex and when they asked (in a sensible context) and I said no they accepted that. Perhpas your hanging out in places where asking for sex is expected? Wouldn't asking for it then be resonable?

Link to post
Share on other sites


Syo Emerald wrote:


jwenting wrote:


Madeline Blackbart wrote:

Yup because discrimination in SL never happens...just ask the furry community. Also little paranoid much? Doubt it's the same person.

yes, the furry community discriminates against others, and gets as good as it gets as a result of the frequent griefing of places by furries.

Which might not be "real furries" of course, they can easily claim, but people dressed up as furries to make furries look bad, but then again the people discriminating against furries outside the furry community might be furries dressed up as humans to make humans look bad, right?.

Get over it already, where there's people there's going to be some who are narrow minded.

Or are you just angry that so many humans don't want to have sex with animals in second life? Because from what I've seen that's often how the trouble starts, a furry jumping into a sim with a boner and starting to im every woman around solliciting sexual favours.

You just proved how dumb you are. Its retared, shows how wrong your informations are and how much you love to discriminate others. Dumbest and ugliest thing I have read for a while on this forum.

^^ See my bolding above? The use of the word "Retarded" Is pretty ugly in itslef.  The spelling is off here but I see you used it in this thread too. Using the words "Retarded and Dumb" together is showing discrimination.. or maybe a whole lot. Isn't this a disability thread? That's a word I would not throw around on my worst day.. not to anyone.

Defending furries and discrimination in SL and using this type of verbiage on any thread.. SMH.

I think your 2 posts are the ugliest and hateful things I have seen on this forum for awhile.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites


Malanya wrote:


Syo Emerald wrote:


jwenting wrote:


Madeline Blackbart wrote:

Yup because discrimination in SL never happens...just ask the furry community. Also little paranoid much? Doubt it's the same person.

yes, the furry community discriminates against others, and gets as good as it gets as a result of the frequent griefing of places by furries.

Which might not be "real furries" of course, they can easily claim, but people dressed up as furries to make furries look bad, but then again the people discriminating against furries outside the furry community might be furries dressed up as humans to make humans look bad, right?.

Get over it already, where there's people there's going to be some who are narrow minded.

Or are you just angry that so many humans don't want to have sex with animals in second life? Because from what I've seen that's often how the trouble starts, a furry jumping into a sim with a boner and starting to im every woman around solliciting sexual favours.

You just proved how dumb you are. Its retared, shows how wrong your informations are and how much you love to discriminate others. Dumbest and ugliest thing I have read for a while on this forum.

^^ See my bolding above? The use of the word "Retarded" Is pretty ugly in itslef.  The spelling is off here but I see you used it in this
too. Using the words "Retarded and Dumb" together is showing discrimination.. or maybe a whole lot. Isn't this a disability thread? That's a word I would not throw around on my worst day.. not to anyone.

Defending furries and discrimination in SL and using this type of verbiage on any thread.. SMH.

I think your 2 posts are the ugliest and hateful things I have seen on this forum for awhile.

 

 

It's very odd to see a seemingly well-intentioned person come to Pie's aid here. I suggest that there is history here to which you are unaware. 

I get your point regarding the word "retarded". However, retarded started out as a bad colloquialism and has never graduated from that point. That's all it is, a colloquialism. Also, Pie seems rather socially-retarded - in the technical sense (I submit his posts as evidence). As a result, I'd rather suggest that the lady is more correct than derissive. 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites


Rushmanyyz wrote:


Malanya wrote:


Syo Emerald wrote:


jwenting wrote:


Madeline Blackbart wrote:

Yup because discrimination in SL never happens...just ask the furry community. Also little paranoid much? Doubt it's the same person.

yes, the furry community discriminates against others, and gets as good as it gets as a result of the frequent griefing of places by furries.

Which might not be "real furries" of course, they can easily claim, but people dressed up as furries to make furries look bad, but then again the people discriminating against furries outside the furry community might be furries dressed up as humans to make humans look bad, right?.

Get over it already, where there's people there's going to be some who are narrow minded.

Or are you just angry that so many humans don't want to have sex with animals in second life? Because from what I've seen that's often how the trouble starts, a furry jumping into a sim with a boner and starting to im every woman around solliciting sexual favours.

You just proved how dumb you are. Its retared, shows how wrong your informations are and how much you love to discriminate others. Dumbest and ugliest thing I have read for a while on this forum.

^^ See my bolding above? The use of the word "Retarded" Is pretty ugly in itslef.  The spelling is off here but I see you used it in this
too. Using the words "Retarded and Dumb" together is showing discrimination.. or maybe a whole lot. Isn't this a disability thread? That's a word I would not throw around on my worst day.. not to anyone.

Defending furries and discrimination in SL and using this type of verbiage on any thread.. SMH.

I think your 2 posts are the ugliest and hateful things I have seen on this forum for awhile.

 

 

It's very odd to see a seemingly well-intentioned person come to Pie's aid here. I suggest that there is history here to which you are unaware. 

I get your point regarding the word "retarded". However, retarded started out as a bad colloquialism and has never graduated from that point. That's all it is, a colloquialism. Also, Pie seems rather socially-retarded - in the technical sense (I submit his posts as evidence). As a result, I'd rather suggest that the lady is more correct than derissive. 

 

 

 

Not coming to Pie's anything, sorry. Apparently the "lady" feels the word is common and not discrimintory. Before posting to me did you read the link I included where the word was used in another thread? I suppose people get a free pass of a very hateful word because of another poster? Nope, not in my book. Read the other thread.

Goodnight.

Edit: I am not obtuse to most of the banter, light or hateful between most posters on this forum. I am aware of this person's reply style. I could care less about her interactions with anyone else. My opinion is based soley on how I feel and no one else.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites


Rushmanyyz wrote:

 Pie seems rather socially-retarded - in the technical sense (I submit his posts as evidence).


On the contrary! Your observation fall into the same trap as a considerable number of respected but misguided psychologists who apparently fail to understand the difference between an excess of empathic ability and a lack of consequent sympathy.

I am extremely socially-advanced, understanding and communing extremely effectively with even the most cognitively-disadvantaged here, as evidence by the willingness of the semi-literate to participate in this thread; just because I use my perspicacity to highlight your deficiencies, rather than working with you to find coping strategies (I leave that to a close relative who is paid to make inadequates feel better about themselves) does not make ME deficient.

I submit both my posts and the posts of those who engage socially, if antagonistically, with me, as evidence.


Rushmanyyz wrote:
 As a result, I'd rather suggest that the lady is more correct than
derissive.
 


May I suggest that you stop using words that you neither understand the meaning of, nor know how to spell; your attempts to appear literate are humiliating you in the eyes of the more intelligent - and will just annoy those mentally disadvantaged who have to waste time trying to find non-existent words in dictionaries.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites


Madeline Blackbart wrote:


Rushmanyyz wrote:


Pie Serendipity wrote:

Obviously it's a journalist. Probably the same one, using an alt, that got chased off last week for trying to generate hate over the ridiculous concept of discrimination in a world where you can pretend to be anything you want.

Your irrational (almost psychotic) need to troll everything that comes down the pipe is evident here more than most, Pie. In your deluded world, everything fits a narrow narrative and must always be combated. Have you a positive thought worthy of expressing? You have all the hallmarks of a hack writer who's shtick is just being a very droll contrarian curmudgeon, sorta like Rush Limbaugh but less endearing.

OMG Rushmanyyz thank you for this. You've expressed it so eloquently here. If I could kudos you I would. I'd even give you a hug in world. lolz I think i've found a new friend. lolz

Wait a minute?!  Madeline....I thought you wrote that "put downs' were not good? 

These were your exact words:


Madeline Blackbart wrote:

I can certianly agree here. It's never amousing to put others down. That's something school yard bully's do. It's really rather immature. At no point is hurting someone else in order to amuse yourself/make yourself look better humorous or amusing. It's really sorta pathetic in a way and it is as you say dillon not an attractive quality to be sure.


 

So, let me see, put downs are bad if someone you don't like does them.  But, if a person then comes along and puts down the person you don't like...then it's good, and they get kudos!? 

 

 

Help me out here Madeline, as I'm trying to figure out the rules of "put downs".  It appears that there are two sets of rules.  One set for people you like, and another set for those you don't like.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Its kind of cute how you try to act  deadly offended. Maybe you should learn the difference between insulting a disabled person, because of their disability and the case where someone clearly acts like they got some severe brain-issues.


But please, feel free to carry on defending those that say furries in general are troublemaker and sexaddicts, who it is ok to discriminate and ban just because their avatar is a furry. (Not to forget spreading this idea).

And since you couldn't resist to drag a total non related thread into this....to me in an RP situation its the second worst thing someone could do to use the first person persective and my only explaination for this behavior would be that there is something wrong with them, which keeps them from understanding proper storytelling and immersive emoting.

Before you go against my spelling...please learn a second language and try to use it flawless and fluent all the time.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Syo Emerald said.

Before you go against my spelling...please learn a second language and try to use it flawless and fluent all the time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like this.

Link to post
Share on other sites


Syo Emerald wrote:

Its kind of cute how you try to act  deadly offended. Maybe you should learn the difference between insulting a disabled person, because of their disability and the case where someone clearly acts like they got some severe brain-issues.

 

But please, feel free to carry on defending those that say furries in general are troublemaker and sexaddicts, who it is ok to discriminate and ban just because their avatar is a furry. (Not to forget spreading this idea).

And since you couldn't resist to drag a total non related thread into this....to me in an RP situation its the second worst thing someone could do to use the first person persective and my only explaination for this behavior would be that there is something wrong with them, which keeps them from understanding proper storytelling and immersive emoting.

Before you go against my spelling...please learn a second language and try to use it flawless and fluent all the time.

 

Yes, it's so cute. Educate yourself. Do you use other words that in such a manner and then "claim' they are meant for a different use in your mind? A non related thread, I am the only one that does it on this forum, keep that in mind. It was related, related to the use of your words.

You must have a huge problem reading. I am defending people that are affected by those of you that throw words around like that. Grow up Syo. My post had nothing to do with furries, it was the comparasion of an SL avatar to a person with a disability. I have no opinion on the furry community. Did you read my post or did you blur mine and someone else's together about Furries? Yeah I believe so.

I do know a second language tyvm, I could care less about your spelling. You spelled your inteneded word wrong on one post, my point was that I knew the word you were using no matter the error.

Carry on..

 

Link to post
Share on other sites


Malanya wrote:


Yes, it's so cute. Educate yourself. Do you use other words that in such a manner and then "claim' they are meant for a different use in your mind? A non related thread, I am the only one that does it on this forum, keep that in mind. It was related, related to the use of your words.

You must have a huge problem reading.
I am defending people that are affected by those of you that throw words around like that.
Grow up Syo. My post had nothing to do with furries, it was the comparasion of an SL avatar to a person with a disability. I have no opinion on the furry community. Did you read my post or did you blur mine and someone else's together about Furries? Yeah I believe so.

I do know a second language tyvm, I could care less about your spelling. You spelled your inteneded word wrong on one post, my point was that I knew the word you were using no matter the error.

Carry on..

 

Don't feel the need to defend people with disabilities, that's almost as bad as saying we cannot defend ourselves and believe me I have no problem looking out for myself.

I saw nothing offensive in what Syo said, I understood the context she used the word in, and I quite like all the oddballs like Pie, this forum would be pretty boring if we all agreed with each other.

I think the OP was trolling and we all fell for it simply by responding on the thread, by the way OP...don;t bother contacting me inworld, I am very selective in who I befriend and don't choose my friends based on their level of disability.

Link to post
Share on other sites


Summer Tison wrote:


Malanya wrote:


Yes, it's so cute. Educate yourself. Do you use other words that in such a manner and then "claim' they are meant for a different use in your mind? A non related thread, I am the only one that does it on this forum, keep that in mind. It was related, related to the use of your words.

You must have a huge problem reading.
I am defending people that are affected by those of you that throw words around like that.
Grow up Syo. My post had nothing to do with furries, it was the comparasion of an SL avatar to a person with a disability. I have no opinion on the furry community. Did you read my post or did you blur mine and someone else's together about Furries? Yeah I believe so.

I do know a second language tyvm, I could care less about your spelling. You spelled your inteneded word wrong on one post, my point was that I knew the word you were using no matter the error.

Carry on..

 

Don't feel the need to defend people with disabilities, that's almost as bad as saying we cannot defend ourselves and believe me I have no problem looking out for myself.

I saw nothing offensive in what Syo said, I understood the context she used the word in, and I quite like all the oddballs like Pie, this forum would be pretty boring if we all agreed with each other.

I think the OP was trolling and we all fell for it simply by responding on the thread, by the way OP...don;t bother contacting me inworld, I am very selective in who I befriend and don't choose my friends based on their level of disability.

Thank you for your suggestion, but you can't make the call on what I feel the need to do. What do you know about MY personal life? How close does that word hit home to people directly in my life? I don't see that as saying it's almost as bad as saying you can't defend yourselves. That's your personal view. How do you know I don't have a disability, whatever it may be? Right. You don't.

I don't think you are the only disabled person in the world, so you really can't speak for everyone. Do you feel that way about other words that affect people that are singled out by ignorance? I am smart enough to realize everyone in agreeance would not even bring me to read here.

I wonder how many other words you feel should not be defended in use of ignorant speak. Even if the OP was trolling that should not be an excuse.

@Syo I hate to disappoint, it was no act that I was offended, deadly offended? Um.. sure.

Not everyone feels the word is acceptable: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/03/opinion/sunday/a-word-gone-wrong.html?_r=0

 Edit to add link

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe because it was your blanket comment that you were defending people with disabilities, so what gives YOU the right to talk for everyone? I do believe I said I can stand up for myself...and at no point did I suggest I was the only disabled person alive, maybe your disability is the inability to read a post correctly?

 

You really need to lighten up and not take every comment to heart.

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...