Adult words... GGrrrr

Amiryu Hosoi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey all, I am updating my marketplace but keep knocking my head on this maturity thing. Can anyone please tell me what is adult about the following text? Kind regards, Ami

Hosoi Ichiba is proud to announce our new collection of the most beautiful traditional Japanese furnture and antiques. Visit Hosoi Ichiba for a wide variety of traditional Oriental, Japanese and Chinese furniture, antiques, chests, tansu, drawers, trunks, cabinets, commodes, strongboxes. Hosoi Ichiba is your address for all kinds of Asian arts and furniture to decorate your Japanese zen house.

Tansu refers to the traditional mobile storage cabinetry used in Edo period Japan. Tansu was first recorded in the Genroku era of the Edo Period (1688–1704). Tansu were used for the storage of food and the carrying of firewood. During the time period in which tansu gradually became a feature of Japanese culture and daily life, 1657–1923, both hard and softwoods were used by tansu craftsmen, often in practical combination for a single chest. Woods commonly used in tansu included Keyaki, Kuri, Ezo matsu, Sugi, Kiri and Hinoki.

• Choba-dansu: Used by merchants on the choba area of a shop to store account books. 
• Kusuri-dansu: Apothecary chests with many small drawers to contain medicinal herbs. 
• Katana-dansu: Boxes with several long drawers for the storage of sword blades. 
• Kaidan-dansu: Step chests, often of modular construction with drawers and sliding doors. 
• Nagamochi Kuruma-dansu: Coffers on wheels, the oldest documented examples of mobile cabinetry. 
• Ryobiraki Kasane-dansu: Chest on chest tansu were used for storage of women's clothing. 
• Sendai Isho-dansu: Used primarily for out of season clothing storage. 
• Yonezawa Isho-dansu: A chest on chest style for clothing storage. 
• Kyoto Isho-dansu: Kyoto style, known for a sophisticated opaque lacquering technique. 
• Sado Shima-dansu: To store clothing of merchant families, with unique early 20th century. 
• Sakai Choba-dansu: The merchant chest to store books, maps and valuables. 
• Hikone Mizuya-dansu: Kitchen chests both of a single and chest on chest configuration. 
• Kuruma Choba-dansu: Chests on wheels, the symbol for merchants Japan in the Meiji period. 
• Kakesuzuri: A seals and money chest with a single hinged door used by sea men. 
• Hangai: A clothing chest with a single drop-fit door. 
• Cho-bako: A chest for accounting and writing related materials. 
• Tokonoma: Also toko, referring to a built-in recessed space in a Japanese room.

It would be nice! LL have consistantly shown that they prefer for users to do the work instead. There is no end to the amount of work that users will do, so it's win-win.

It wouldn't take long to build up a syntax checker provided the ruleset was available. Presumably, keeping the list a mystery is done for magical reasons. Or maybe because LL realise that policing language is futile, but they'd rather not blow the lid off of their primary method of moderation.

You'll have to try the "divide and conquer" method.  By testing half of the problem text every time you can arrive at the problem bit quickly.

1 - Upload HALF the description ... is it accepted?

2 - IF YES: The problem is in the other half.  Upload half of the remaining text and test again.

3 - IF NO: the problem is in what you uploaded.  Delete half and try again.

... is it accepted?  Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you have zeroed in on the problem wording.

Hey Nefertiti,

Yes, I usually work that way but I was soo frustrated by this;-( I have to update and export 1000+ items and list them in both SL and Kitely and don't have a lot of time searching for bad words;-) I will try to find the words later I guess. LL should make it better for us content providers instead of always putting up new walls and fences.

Ami 

Hey Drake, I didnt read the complete thread but Ilan from Kitely pointed me at it yesterday. I am exporting all my items and when done will maybe close SL down. If it is true that this TOS change gives full and exclusive right to LL over my products I will quit SL and I hope some big shots will file a class law suit against LL.

Ami

Amiryu Hosoi wrote:

I hope some big shots will file a class law suit against LL.

Ami

Well, a law suit for what exactly?  Unless LL actually do something with the content, there's little anyone can complain or do anything about.  Right now it's words on page that people agreed to.

Pretty difficult to file an action against a set of Terms that one knowingly agreed to accept.  What would the outcome be?  damages for what?  "hurt feelings"?

Sassy Romano wrote:

Well, a law suit for what exactly?  Unless LL actually do something with the content, there's little anyone can complain or do anything about.  Right now it's words on page that people agreed to.

Pretty difficult to file an action against a set of Terms that one knowingly agreed to accept.  What would the outcome be?  damages for what?  "hurt feelings"?

And THERE is exactly the strategy that LL will follow (or should follow). As long as they don't actually take anything or use anything for a long enough time period, the furor will die down, the main protesters will depart or shut up. Then when the dust clouds have settled and folks are looking the other way ..

KA-BOOM!

evil-smiley-face.jpg

Possibly Darrius although it's an unknown.

My bigger complaint is the poor wording that pretty much cuts of so many resources for things like textures, sounds, animations and such like.

That is an immediate NOW issue and one that has substance today as sites are pulling rights for uploading to SL simply because LL removed the words "for the running of the service".  I'm not up in arms over a hypothesis over what LL *could* do.

Anyway, off topic on this thread.

Sassy Romano wrote:

Amiryu Hosoi wrote:

I hope some big shots will file a class law suit against LL.

Ami

Under certain circumstances you can ask a Court to rule "pre-emptively."

I'm boiling this down to a nutshell, there is a lot more detail to this, but that is happening right now with Monsanto.  Monsanto has claimed absolute and total rights to their GMO's.  In their "TOS" they forbid anyone from planting seeds containing the genes used in their GMO's without their permission.

Farmers are concerned about the problems of cross contamination that they could unknowingly plant GMO's and Monsanto could sue them.  So the Farmers have asked the Court to rule just how far Monsanto can reach.  Well, actually they are asking the Court to limit Monsanto's reach.

This is the gist of what is going on.  I do know there is more detail to it.

I laughed when I read "shut SL down" because it almost sounded like you where going to stop them by force. Ninja assasins sneaking in and then soaking the servers with the blood of LL employees and smashing them to peices after they fail or maybe some kind of hacking that leads to deletion with no backup? 

For thousands of products? I don't use them, but maybe looking into Macro's for your PC.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.