Sign in to follow this  
InvertedSunlight

What Are Your Turn Ons in SL?

I think you'll find that the answer varies with the person. We all like diffrent things. IMO the best option is to maybe look at fashion blogs and see what good stuff you like is out there and just be yourself. If it's meant to happen it will.

With me, the person has to be curious but not nosey, intelligent without being a snob about it, perceptive, with a good sense of humour but capable of talking seriously when needed, capable of self control (not one of those that think that it's everyone else's responsibility to tolerate their outbursts), calm and stable rather than twitchy and mercurial, honest to a fault but aware that truth does not imply rudeness, and not the least bit dependent or clingy.

If such person has anywhere near all those virtues, I don't care if it's dressed as a blood-dripping zombie.

(And if it has none of them, I don't care if it's the next Mr/Mrs. SLUniverse)

Similar values.To be naturally in synch , not trying to match or meet one another. Easy to be yourself, you dont strive to adjust yourself to appease. Just exactly as you are "fits".
If physical/material tastes and asthetics can be thought of as manifested in the choices people make about their avatar, then whatever is a "good looking" avatar  to you; be it dress, physique, or whatever .
Manners.
Respects me.
Converse easy with each other.
Feels good when neither talks.
Some feeling of trustworthyness.

The visual quality means 75%. I like a well put together avatar because it tells me that the person behind the keyboard:

• have time to spend in SL - SL comes before tv
  • have money to spend in SL - invests "playmoney". Means they have some stability in RL
  • takes SL seriously enough to care about their looks
  • gives me something worth looking at

I can usually run SL with advanced lightning, so I spend a lot of time crafting my avatars. I have also read so many blogs that I know money don't have to be a big issue. A good avatar can be put together on a surprisingly small amount of money, and if they invest some time on sales, events and group gifts, they can look like they spent 20 000 §L when they have spent 2000 §L. 

You can look good in tan skin and black hair, but I see so many males like that. Avatars that make me turn my camera around and really drool over them, is often different. Pale skin and red/blond hair, or glasses, or a black avatar that isn't the ghetto thug stereotype. Black in a conservative mesh suit, or english tweed. Now that is special! I don't think I've seen more than 1 or 2 black males like that in all my years in SL.

For humans, a shape that isn't too muscular and too tall is a plus. Unless you play a role as gladiator or wrestler. Normal, lean body with good skin detail. I don't go for humans all the time... but the same applies if you are a robot, android, werewolf or another monster. Quality and wellcrafted look.

Typing style - they can't use text speak. Text speak is a turnoff, I will say that a very nice looking avatar with text speak like "u" is killing all my interest. I would prefer a not-so-good visual avatar with a language that exites me. But a good language can not save a totally awful avatar in freebies from 2006, no animation override, and mismatched freenis.

Desperation? No thanks. I was in an adult sim and i started a IM with another avatar. He turned silent, and I guessed he had some interruption in RL. I was walking into the next room and looked at the animations there. He was back, and I got 3 quick IMs. so quick that I couldn't reply. It was no room in between.

1. Sorry, I got something to do in RL
  2. Oh, I see you are gone
  3. well well bye,  i hope you have fun

I sent a reply back that I was just in the next room. 

Oh sorry I misunderstood. The way it read to me was that you were romancing someone. Still my answer isn't far off the mark. It will vary from person to person. For me it's someone who is willing to share some of there real life with me. The real person interests me far more then the avatar. Though that said just because I know who you are IRL doesn't mean i'm trying to or want to date you.

InvertedSunlight wrote:

Hi. This may or may not be a personal question. I was wondering what sorts of qualities make other avatars attractive enough to take that SLexxy step with. Visual or personality related.

1.  Male, heterosexual or bi.

2.  Open, accepting of, comfortable with themselves and others.

3.  Good sense of humor.

4.  Experienced in RL and SL.

5.  As far as avi looks: not grotesque shape, skin or hair. 

Awe Thor wrote:

Intelligent women.

But they are almost impossible to find.

It could be because the intelligent ones are avoiding you. :smileyhappy:

Studio09 wrote:

Awe Thor wrote:

Intelligent women.

That sounds as if you are insulting the few female friends I have. How rude.

Awe Thor wrote:

Studio09 wrote:

Awe Thor wrote:

Intelligent women.

That sounds as if you are insulting the few female friends I have. How rude.

How rude that you would insult the women in SL.

Studio09 wrote:

How rude that you would insult the women in SL.

Is the truth insulting?

And perhaps you might like to add to your concerns that I don't find men a turn on at all, which is just as well, since there are even fewer intelligent examples of them in SL than females. Is that reverse sexism?

???

I'm really not sneaky.

Well, not when it comes to seesaws anyway... goes off to Marketplace... YIPES!!!!! I hate SL sometimes. :matte-motes-angry:

Marigold Devin wrote:

And there Marigold was yet again, a seesaw sandwich in between Maddie and Janelle :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

/me successfully resists the urge to photoshop the above scene.

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

And there Marigold was yet again, a seesaw sandwich in between Maddie and Janelle :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

/me successfully resists the urge to photoshop the above scene.

Ain't imagination a wonderful thing?

Unsure whether its a sneer or a smile on Marigold's face, yeah, imagination is a wonderful thing. I can imagine my own seesaw sandwich photo, and Janelle's, but Maddie, I am sure you would add an unexpected twissst.