My viewer won`t open

Lizzie Azalee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3466 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I`m trying to open the SL viewer but it crashes before the opening page appears. I tried a clean install, unistalled and reintalled multiple times and it didn`t work. Tried different viewers too and nothing. Checked my firewall, restored my system, checked my RAM, cleaned all the residual files and nothing works. Can anyone help me with that? I haven`t entered SL in a while and was looking forward to it. Thanks!

9 answers to this question

Hi Lizzie,

Do you get any error messages?

Is it a crash or a hang?

Have you tried using Google's or OpenDNS' DNS server addresses?

Google

OpenDNS

If that doesn't work and you want to continue investigating with us, do not start another thread, but come back and edit your question (via "Options"  over on the right). This will keep the conversation all in one place and prevent other folk's questions from being pushed off the front page.

Good luck!

Lizzie,

Please let us know your PCs details such as Make and Model Number and any upgrades you may have performed to memory or to the Graphics options:

This way we can be of further assistance.

Please update your question with additional information as follows: Select the Options drop-down menu to the right of your question and select Edit Question.

Im having the exact same issue, I have had the problem for over a week now. 

My pc is a Dell Inspiron N5110

Processor is a intell Core i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHZ

8.00GB Installed Memory 

64-bit operating system 

My error message tells me that its something with my DNS 

- First it pretends like it will load saying Verifying cache will take 50-60 min 

- Then it flashes to logging in but the little load bar never moves 

- After about 5 Min of it pretending its going to load I recieve an error message 

- Despite our best efforts something unexpected has gone wrong. Please check the grid status @instert link here to see if there is a known problem with the service. If you continue to experience problems please check your network and firewall set up (Done that ) 

or ill get A message about my DNS ( Iv tried the google dns doesnt work and I have tried resettig my own wont work) 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3466 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.