How can I Script to toggle object transparency and glow?

AgEnTHuskey1488304671

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3855 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Going to be honest this is probably somewhere on the wiki but I'm not the best scripter.. All I've worked with so far is particles :P

I want to make a script that can make the object its placed in toggle its glow and transparency setting.

When on I want it to set the transparency to 60 and glow to 0.20

off would be 100/0.00

Also I want it to toggle by command of something like /7suscon and /7suscoff

Not exactly asking someone to go and build the script for me(wont deny it either).... But any help to point me in the right direction is appreciated :D

1 answer to this question

OK, I won't write it for you either. :smileywink:  Since you asked for a poke in the right direction, let me suggest that everything you want to accomplish will have to be done in your script's listen event.  That means that you have to open channel 7 first with llListen(7,"","","") somewhere else in the script first.

Then, your listen event has to listen for the two possible responses and decide what to do when it hears either one.  So, you'll need to test for if (message == "suscon") and then do the stuff appropriate to tht message and ask else if (message == "suscoff") and do that stuff.  The "stuff" that you do will all be accomplished with a call to llSetAlpha  and one to llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast, setting the parameter PRIM_GLOW .  That should be enough of a poke.  Check the LSL wiki for details, and post your script in the LSL Scripting forum if you get stuck.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3855 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.