Extracting animations from objects

EmilyBaxton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3832 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone!

I just have a quick question.... I have a bunch of objects I don't use anymore, with few animations I like.... Lately, I learned how to put animations in objects (using MLPV2). There will be a problem if I will extract animations I like, from those objects and put them in another object, and use it on my home? I DON'T want to sell it or transfer it to someone else. I just want to have all anims I like, in one object.

BTW.... I bought that objects from where I want to extract anims! :)

Wondering if there is a problem if the creator will stop by on my home and will see his anims in other object than his?

Thank you all in advance, for your answers!

Emily

Hi Emily,

welcome to the forum :-)

I don't see any legal problem in moving said animations into a different object of you choosing. If the animations are copy you can even retain your original object. Sometimes the creator makes an object no modify though. Then you cannot put the animation back into said object should you wish so one day and it would be unusable.

No, there really aren't any problems with say... pulling an animation from a chair you bought and putting into another chair that you will be using in your home. The only issue is if you try to resell a chair with someone's animation but that normally can't happen unless the animation is copy/transfer which is never the case.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3832 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.