I want to build a blender clothes

shmulikhazin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3847 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

if you really want to learn how to make mesh clothes, you aren't going to find someone who is just going to teach you for nothing...that would take months just to get the basics down for you... most people learn themselves or have expericence with 2d/3d editing programs...if you reallly want to learn how to make mesh, you have to learn the programs before hand...google is there for a reason and that is how 9 out of 10 people learn this stuff...one their own...it takes a lot of time...there are plenty of guides on the internet

NatalieSeymour wrote:

I think it's hard to get a "straightforward" answer on work flow because let's face it, getting a good workflow nailed down is hard work. Who wants to give their hard work away for free?

Plenty of people here on the forums share their knowledge for free. Building clothes includes designing, modeling, UV mapping, texturing and rigging. Any of these can take a full forum page if not more, that's why a post like this is not very likely to get a complete answer.

Yes and a full forum page takes time to write and time is money. Which brings me back to my point that not alot of people are willing to give away their hard work for free. A "straight forward" workflow is asking for alot more than just "designing, modeling, UV mapping, texturing and rigging". What you've said there is a very general statement in regards to making clothes.

Yes alot of people on here will share their knowledge but no one will take the time to build the whole puzzle for you. That is alot of work that is not usually given away for free.

That's not what I meant. I meant the entire workflow of building clothes, or anything else, involves so much, it would be pointless to post it. "At least a forum page" might be the understatement of the year.

How would one post years of experience and knowledge on a forum?

I don't mind sharing anything I know, which is quite a bit but by no means everything there is to know about 3d modeling. On the other hand, I don't see the point in breaking everything I know down into tutorials from A to Z, whether I get paid for it or not.

Googling for tutorials or reading books are probably better means to get help on a basic workflow. Then when one runs into specific issues, the people on this forum will most likely be able to help.

btw, if the tutorials are for Blender, a full workflow, which would probably be an entire book, would take so long to write, chances are the program has changed before the article is done :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3847 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.