I have an object which i deleted. however the script that was in it keeps running.

lise Yeu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1106 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I deleted an item i was wearing and had running scripts because it was giving trouble. I deleted the item both from inventory and from the trashbin. However, the scripts keep running. Is there any way that i can force this script to stop? as the (original) object is no longer there it's not possible to re-attach and then reset the scripts or set them to not running.

please help?

9 answers to this question

I deleted an item i was wearing and had running scripts because it was giving trouble. I deleted the item both from inventory and from the trashbin. However, the scripts keep running. Is there any way that i can force this script to stop? as the (original) object is no longer there it's not possible to re-attach and then reset the scripts or set them to not running.

please help?

i don't know.  i now show 14 scripts running, and my house is empty of objects.  empty except for the one thing i wanted to delete, but cannot.  i have a huge green blob light in the center of my house that i cannot delete.  as far as i can see, there are no...no... objects in the house.  i took everything out, and now hate the house.  i have tried ctl/alt/t... that did nothing.  i go through build to find objects.  it shows there as the table lamp by kismet.  i cannot 'take' or 'delete' this monstrosity. i tried to place just one thing and was told my parcel is full.  1 thing only in the house!

i have no reason to go home now.  i want all scripts to go away so i can start over, i guess.  i want an empty house so i can make it a place that is beautiful and nice to be in.  i don't have that now.  

I have a sculpture that contained a script to make it spin.  I want a version that I do not want to spin.  I deleted the script from the sculpture and it still spins.  I copied and rerezzed a copy of the unscripted sculpture and IT still spins.  I have created a new script that does nothing in the sculpture yet it still spins.  What am I not understanding here?

Prim rotation is a persistent, viewer side effect. Once set in rotation by a script, the prim will continue to spin even if the script is removed. To stop the rotation, you'll need to insert and run a script that sets the rotation to zero. This little script should do the trick, and will delete itself after stopping the rotation.

default{
	state_entry(){
		llTargetOmega(<0,0,0>,0,0);
		llRemoveInventory(llGetScriptName());
	}
}

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1106 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.