I have an object which i deleted. however the script that was in it keeps running.

Question

Sorry i do not understand that, you were wearing an object and deleted it and it still running? Have you un -attatched it? Becouse you still must be wearing it.

EDITED: Spaces between words

ADDED: Yes, sorry Rolig i forgot about dripping it and still communicating.

9 answers to this question

I deleted an item i was wearing and had running scripts because it was giving trouble. I deleted the item both from inventory and from the trashbin. However, the scripts keep running. Is there any way that i can force this script to stop? as the (original) object is no longer there it's not possible to re-attach and then reset the scripts or set them to not running.

please help?

Sorry i do not understand that, you were wearing an object and deleted it and it still running? Have you un -attatched it? Becouse you still must be wearing it.

EDITED: Spaces between words

ADDED: Yes, sorry Rolig i forgot about dripping it and still communicating.

A script cannot run unless it is in an object that has been rezzed in world.  If yours is still running, then you did not delete the object that contains it.  If you are not wearing it, then you have dropped it nearby.  You'll have to find it and delete it.

• Like 2

i don't know.  i now show 14 scripts running, and my house is empty of objects.  empty except for the one thing i wanted to delete, but cannot.  i have a huge green blob light in the center of my house that i cannot delete.  as far as i can see, there are no...no... objects in the house.  i took everything out, and now hate the house.  i have tried ctl/alt/t... that did nothing.  i go through build to find objects.  it shows there as the table lamp by kismet.  i cannot 'take' or 'delete' this monstrosity. i tried to place just one thing and was told my parcel is full.  1 thing only in the house!

i have no reason to go home now.  i want all scripts to go away so i can start over, i guess.  i want an empty house so i can make it a place that is beautiful and nice to be in.  i don't have that now.  

I have a sculpture that contained a script to make it spin.  I want a version that I do not want to spin.  I deleted the script from the sculpture and it still spins.  I copied and rerezzed a copy of the unscripted sculpture and IT still spins.  I have created a new script that does nothing in the sculpture yet it still spins.  What am I not understanding here?

Prim rotation is a persistent, viewer side effect. Once set in rotation by a script, the prim will continue to spin even if the script is removed. To stop the rotation, you'll need to insert and run a script that sets the rotation to zero. This little script should do the trick, and will delete itself after stopping the rotation.

default{
	state_entry(){
		llTargetOmega(<0,0,0>,0,0);
		llRemoveInventory(llGetScriptName());
	}
}

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Madelaine is right.

The jargon is prim attributes... color, size, spin... and more are all attributes. Attributes can be set by script and persist once set until changed. Some can be set in the Build Panel. Others can only be set by script.