I need help if anyone knows how to make UV map let me know in their:))))

Legionar22

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3852 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

It all depends on the software you are using to create your mesh model with.  If you are using Blender, for example, you may find this video tutorial helpful. Gaia Clary's tutorial explaining the process is also very good.  If you search in Google, you should be able to find others that are aimed at other modeling software.

Rolig is correct! 

I'll take a shot at explaining the concept, though.

A UV map is a two dimensional texture that is wrapped around a 3D object, like wrapping a Christmas box with colored paper.  In order to do this, the 3D modeling software needs instructions on how to map the pixels of the flat texture to the 3D object.

You provide these instructions by using an automated function, the manual modeling tools in the program, or a combination of both to "unwrap" the 3D model and lay it out flat in a special view called "UV space".  Once you have done that, the flattened object is exported as a template, and imported into your 2D paint program, like Photoshop or GIMP.  You use the tools in the paint program to create your texture, using the template from the modeling program as a guide.

The finished texture is uploaded to the modeling program, which applies it to the 3D model.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3852 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.