Can I download second life to a tablet?

cquin1965

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3864 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

10 answers to this question

The Lumiya viewer is the only one for tablets that offers any graphics interface at all.  It's a pretty nice bit of engineering, but it can't deliver anywhere near the full set of features and graphics quality that you'll get on a real computer.  The handful of other viewers for tablets or phones are all text-only.  That's OK if all you need to do is send chat messages or look at your inventory, but IMO you'll be missing 90% of SL.

Lumyia has steadily improved since its introduction, It now has support in its 3D view for mesh as well as movement controls, th ability to select objects to touch and sit etc. you can even get dressed and undressed with a bit of time and patience. further there isa one time puchase price for Lumyia, as opposed to the non- graphical and very limited functioning pocket metaverse which charges a monthl subscription fee in Linden Dollars. 

Nothing compares to Full ON secondlife on a robust desktop geared towards high end gaming performance. too, therea are many approved third party clients whos features surpass the standard viewer offered by Linden Labs itself. 

But balanced with the convenience and portability of a droid phone or tab, Lumiya is the best compromisie I have ever seen.

hope this helps

I wish you well

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3864 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.