I can't view adult content even though I have my settings to show adult content

Cythera Vainreth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3865 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

It won't let me search for adult rated stuff, it tells me to change my settings and I have. I'm 21 so there's no reason it should be doing this. 

Edit: I changed the settings in preferences to show General, Moderate, and Adult. However, in the search where you can check it off up at the top, it won't let me check Adult. It's fogged out like it's not an option for me. I don't understand.

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

It won't let me search for adult rated stuff, it tells me to change my settings and I have. I'm 21 so there's no reason it should be doing this. 

Edit: I changed the settings in preferences to show General, Moderate, and Adult. However, in the search where you can check it off up at the top, it won't let me check Adult. It's fogged out like it's not an option for me. I don't understand.

I have the same with an alt I made in 2012. I can TP to adult land, search adult on MP and in Firestorm viewer legacy search I can search Adult. However searching adult in the web search is impossible no matter how many times you check your settings, also I cannot gift myself anything rated adult from MP from another alt to that alt. Seeing how teleporting to adult land works fine and legacy search works fine it seems to be a website (sl.com) issue. My guess is that the only way to solve this is to file a support ticket, I haven't done so because I have so many alts I can't be arsed to worry about that one. But in case you do file a support ticket can you please edit your post and let us know of the outcome? I would love to see what LL tells you about this and how they solve it for you.

It happened to me too several months ago. According to Dakota Linden, this was probably due to a glitch between the main database and the search one. She advised me to file a support ticket under "marketplace issues", providing as many details as possible and giving my RL date of birth. It was fixed less than 2 hours later. You may give a try. :smileyhappy:

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3865 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.