Sign in to follow this  
Patforfun

Is it spamming to hand out invitations avatar to avatar?

Question

6 answers to this question

My partner and I wanted to invite new members to SL to visit our club where we would try to answer basic questions about SL and have a chance to meet other new people. We were handing our invitations out avatar to avatar on a notecard. Is this considered spamming?

You might have happier customers if you wore a sign (or a floating tag) that said "I know a great club for newbies.  Ask me."    Even first-day newbies learn quickly not to trust strangers who give them stuff.

• Like 1

You can't hang around welcome areas or safe hubs handing out notecards promoting your club, even it if is for a reason that would benefit the newb.  Some public venues on private land also prohibit you from handing out notecards of this nature.

You can however hand them out at other locatons IF you ask the person if they'd like one.  If you don't ask and just drop the card on them, then it is spam.

• Like 1

SPAMMING

Send the same message indiscriminately to large numbers of recipients.

ADDED: More likely get trapped on the advertising than spamming. More i think about the more problems arise. I honistly do not see an easy answer to this.