Sign in to follow this  
Feyblu

Stupid #$%@ collar! Help! Please!

Okay so got a collar [https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/XOX-Emerald-Collar-octrans/1806471] and damned if I can't unpack it. To be honest, I can't follow the instructions on it. Unpack, delete all contenct, click on collar, delete collar, click on collar again.... I mean what the hell? It has something to do with removing root prim and then replacing. I am so confuzzled my brain isn't even working properly any more!

IS there anyone... anyone... who can help me out? OR someone who can point me to an easy to unpack collar? I would really really appreciate it!

Okay so got a collar [https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/XOX-Emerald-Collar-octrans/1806471] and damned if I can't unpack it. To be honest, I can't follow the instructions on it. Unpack, delete all contenct, click on collar, delete collar, click on collar again.... I mean what the hell? It has something to do with removing root prim and then replacing. I am so confuzzled my brain isn't even working properly any more!

IS there anyone... anyone... who can help me out? OR someone who can point me to an easy to unpack collar? I would really really appreciate it!

I think the problem with this collar, from the description, is that the maker offers you the choice of two different collar scripting systems,  both of them free and full perms, and seems to want you to install one or the other.

What  I would suggest is that you go and get yourself a free Open Collar from the Temple of the Collar at either Qandico or Keraxic (I would suggest Qandico because it's quieter).   There's lots of styles to choose from, all free and mod/copy.   It will have the OC scripts ready-installed and you can just wear it and see how you like using it.

If, later on, you want install the OC scripts in the collar you've bought, you can find instructions here, and there's plenty of people (including me) who can help, but it's tricky for a beginner and I really wouldn't advise trying to do that just yet.

As to Dari's scripts, they were, in their day, the best collar scripts in SL (at least to my mind).   But that was some years ago. Dari took an extended break from SL but, before she did, she made all her existing content full perms, including the collars and scripts.   The problem is, though, that the scripts you have won't have been updated for several years now, and I wouldn't use them (much as I loved my Dari's collars when she was maintaining them).    

If you want an up-to-date version of Dari's scripts,  Think Kink  use them as the basis of their collars, though very well-updated by their excellent scripter.   I wear one of their collars most the time.   I am not sure if they sell a pack to install in your own collar, but it's worth asking.     

However, as I say, my strong recommendation, at least for the short term, is to get over the Temple of the Collar, pick up a free collar (they have lots of lovely designs) and start having fun.

Thank you sooo much!!! I have a friend who has been wrestling with it for me but should he give up, I will do exactly as you say.

yes, DEM/TK sell a script pack for installation in your own collar (or used to, haven't been to their store in a few weeks).