why do I crash after 2-3 second on logging in to game :(

OCEANII

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3838 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

for the last 2 days im unable to log into game or more then 2 second ,I load game to last location then it loads then when screen appears after 2 seconds it disappears and error a small error message appears on windows deck top say apps frozen then another message box server ty 1 , I tried uninstall reinstall 3 times ,treid different locations and opend new account and that does exactly the same , it cuts out after 2-3 seconds when region appears . I have been running it for over a month with no problems ,conection and speed all ok . gaming rig pc , cross fire cards hd 6xxxxx , intel i7 3.2 , unistalled clean 4 times now . one time the screen did not disappear then error message ,but  when I moved avator the screen disappear again then the same message ,application frozz :(

4 answers to this question

for the last 2 days im unable to log into game or more then 2 second ,I load game to last location then it loads then when screen appears after 2 seconds it disappears and error a small error message appears on windows deck top say apps frozen then another message box server ty 1 , I tried uninstall reinstall 3 times ,treid different locations and opend new account and that does exactly the same , it cuts out after 2-3 seconds when region appears . I have been running it for over a month with no problems ,conection and speed all ok . gaming rig pc , cross fire cards hd 6xxxxx , intel i7 3.2 , unistalled clean 4 times now . one time the screen did not disappear then error message ,but  when I moved avator the screen disappear again then the same message ,application frozz :(

Hello OCEANII,

this sounds like the Catalyst crash. In case you are using an AMD/ATI card, please downgrade your graphics drivers to Catalyst 13.4 (link: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/previous/13/Pages/radeon.aspx?os=Windows%20Vista%20-%2064-Bit%20Edition&rev=13.4 ).

Linden Lab is working on a fix for the bug internally. You can either use Catalyst 13.4 (or older) until this gets fixed, or use Firestorm Viewer (link: http://www.firestormviewer.org/ )- they already implemented a fix a while ago.

Good luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3838 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.