Last night's unscheduled inventory maintenance and the GSR Page

Imagin Illyar
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The warnings are dire, "some residents may be logged off and will be temporarily unable to log in, or experience inventory loading issues. This maintenance may also disrupt transactions. Please refrain from transacting with L$ or rezzing valuable (no-copy) items until the all-clear is given. Please check back here for updates."

Yet there is no update on the Grid Status Report page.  I don't know how to advise my tenants.  Are we to assume that this is still going on nigh 7 hours later?

The warnings are dire, "some residents may be logged off and will be temporarily unable to log in, or experience inventory loading issues. This maintenance may also disrupt transactions. Please refrain from transacting with L$ or rezzing valuable (no-copy) items until the all-clear is given. Please check back here for updates."

Yet there is no update on the Grid Status Report page.  I don't know how to advise my tenants.  Are we to assume that this is still going on nigh 7 hours later?

Imagin

I was asking this very same question a little while ago in the Firestorm support group chat.  The consensus is that there is no-one on weekend duty with GSP posting permissions.  This is by no means the first time LL have done this, and it is highly irritating but, I am reliably told, it is very unlikely that LL will do anything about it.

It seems that timely reporting of work stages is not considered a priority at Linden Lab.

ETA:

Interestingly, it would seem that a good few folk that are able to log into SL cannot rez items or change their clothing, so it looks to me either as if the "maintenance" IS still ongoing, or when the crew knocked off on Friday they left some part of the database turned off for the weekend.  How nice.

[RESOLVED] Unscheduled Inventory Maintenance

Posted by Status Desk on September 20th, 2013 at 10:48 pm PDT

[RESOLVED 7:27 PM PDT, 21 September 2013] The unscheduled maintenance is now resolved.

Seems a) someone does update Grid Status on weekends and b) yes it took a long time to fix things.

Archived