'visual inventory' & 'visual prior Marketplace purchases' requests

Lickmelikea Lollipop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3815 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi All, Hopefully i can repost this thread from the earlier forums format (below).  
(earlier link: http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/147/b0/304658/1.html )
Still something that other residents might find helpful and I would really REALLY like to have.. 

Visual Inventory

Lickmelikea Lollipop
loves candy
01-28-2009 10:05
hi All,

Requesting something i've wanted for a long time: a visual way to manage inventory. 
Perhaps something like the following.. 

Basic:
Selection of inventory items from image sliders (one slider for each type of clothing) ranging from top to bottom respective to where one would normally wear that item of clothing (but allowing reordering of sliders as desired by user) ..i.e.
Top slider: hats/hair
2nd slider: coats
3rd slider: tops, shirts
4th slider: undershirts
5th slider: panties, underwear
6th slider: skirts, pants
7th slider: shoes
8th slider: custom (for various attachments)
9th slider: custom 2 (for various attachments)

Each horizontal slider would contain small images (side by side for each respective item of clothing in your inventory).

Ideally, the user could choose whether or not to include an inventory item on the slider .. so as to make selection of items and their organization easy.

Might be useful for items other than clothing also.

An example of the slider concept might be: the new SecondLife homepage (when not logged in).

Other examples (things which look to be close):
http://www.xstreetsl.com/modules.php?name=Marketplace&file=item&ItemID=1011755
http://www.xstreetsl.com/modules.php?name=Marketplace&file=item&ItemID=612924

Advanced:
Ability quickly rez or image layer clothing selections from the sliders on a digital 2d (or 3d if fast enough) mannequin that matched your body shape.

Could be built into a web application to be used in a browser outside of SecondLife .. allowing choice of outfits before logging in (or organization outside of the sl viewer while logged in). 

(Naturally this would not replace, but enhance the current inventory usability options)

So far i haven't seen anything like this. If it exists (or when) Please let me know!! **Only uploaded images may be used in postings**://forums-archive.secondlife.com/_imgs/smileys/smile.png" border="0" alt=":-)" title=":-)" />

<3
LL
Clarissa Lowell
Gone. G'bye.
**Only uploaded images may be used in postings**://forums-archive.secondlife.com/_imgs/avatars/2a/275575.jpg" border="0" />
01-28-2009 11:03
I haven't seen one. I've seen a texture organiser, that someone can rez and it's like a page from a big swatch sample book. THAT would be handy and I wanna find out where ot get one of those too.

Somenoe should script a 'visual inventory organiser' as you say - if they haven't yet. They're gonna make a L$ mint when they do.

I need one just for clothes. (Designers who include an image file of the outfit when you buy something - bless you, it helps so much later when I've forgotten what is in there!) Renaming doesn't do it all. 

Especially when dressing quickly for some event that just came up; I wanna see what it is before I rez it.

And, in the meantime, it just occurred to me that maybe being able to visually see our prior purchases within the SL marketplace could serve as a temporary version of the above?
I've submitted the below suggestion to the Marketplace support, but please feel free to promote this wherever it may get the most or best attention:

"Hi Support, I just had an idea for the Marketplace that might add additional value for all SL residents. If we were able to see our personal marketplace 'order history' in the 'same format as the regular marketplace' (with the ability to sort and filter), it could serve as a kind of defacto version of a 'visual' inventory or closet (re. link below). So it would function the same as the normal marketplace, but would 'just' show the items (importantly pictures) we've already purchased and have within our in-world inventory. Having this would make it quick easy to see what items we have (at least from prior marketplace purchases) and may want to wear or rez in-world (saving possibly a Lot of time having to do so in-world). 

Hope this is helpful, and hopefully relatively easy to integrate into the current system? It would be wonderful to have, I for one would LOVE it.
And please feel free to forward this to any relevant parties if needed.
<3
Elle
http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/147/b0/304658/1.html"

Hi All, Hopefully i can repost this thread from the earlier forums format (below).  
(earlier link: http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/147/b0/304658/1.html )
Still something that other residents might find helpful and I would really REALLY like to have.. 

Visual Inventory

Lickmelikea Lollipop
loves candy
01-28-2009 10:05
hi All,

Requesting something i've wanted for a long time: a visual way to manage inventory. 
Perhaps something like the following.. 

Basic:
Selection of inventory items from image sliders (one slider for each type of clothing) ranging from top to bottom respective to where one would normally wear that item of clothing (but allowing reordering of sliders as desired by user) ..i.e.
Top slider: hats/hair
2nd slider: coats
3rd slider: tops, shirts
4th slider: undershirts
5th slider: panties, underwear
6th slider: skirts, pants
7th slider: shoes
8th slider: custom (for various attachments)
9th slider: custom 2 (for various attachments)

Each horizontal slider would contain small images (side by side for each respective item of clothing in your inventory).

Ideally, the user could choose whether or not to include an inventory item on the slider .. so as to make selection of items and their organization easy.

Might be useful for items other than clothing also.

An example of the slider concept might be: the new SecondLife homepage (when not logged in).

Other examples (things which look to be close):
http://www.xstreetsl.com/modules.php?name=Marketplace&file=item&ItemID=1011755
http://www.xstreetsl.com/modules.php?name=Marketplace&file=item&ItemID=612924

Advanced:
Ability quickly rez or image layer clothing selections from the sliders on a digital 2d (or 3d if fast enough) mannequin that matched your body shape.

Could be built into a web application to be used in a browser outside of SecondLife .. allowing choice of outfits before logging in (or organization outside of the sl viewer while logged in). 

(Naturally this would not replace, but enhance the current inventory usability options)

So far i haven't seen anything like this. If it exists (or when) Please let me know!! **Only uploaded images may be used in postings**://forums-archive.secondlife.com/_imgs/smileys/smile.png" border="0" alt=":-)" title=":-)" />

<3
LL
Clarissa Lowell
Gone. G'bye.
**Only uploaded images may be used in postings**://forums-archive.secondlife.com/_imgs/avatars/2a/275575.jpg" border="0" />
01-28-2009 11:03
I haven't seen one. I've seen a texture organiser, that someone can rez and it's like a page from a big swatch sample book. THAT would be handy and I wanna find out where ot get one of those too.

Somenoe should script a 'visual inventory organiser' as you say - if they haven't yet. They're gonna make a L$ mint when they do.

I need one just for clothes. (Designers who include an image file of the outfit when you buy something - bless you, it helps so much later when I've forgotten what is in there!) Renaming doesn't do it all. 

Especially when dressing quickly for some event that just came up; I wanna see what it is before I rez it.

And, in the meantime, it just occurred to me that maybe being able to visually see our prior purchases within the SL marketplace could serve as a temporary version of the above?
I've submitted the below suggestion to the Marketplace support, but please feel free to promote this wherever it may get the most or best attention:

"Hi Support, I just had an idea for the Marketplace that might add additional value for all SL residents. If we were able to see our personal marketplace 'order history' in the 'same format as the regular marketplace' (with the ability to sort and filter), it could serve as a kind of defacto version of a 'visual' inventory or closet (re. link below). So it would function the same as the normal marketplace, but would 'just' show the items (importantly pictures) we've already purchased and have within our in-world inventory. Having this would make it quick easy to see what items we have (at least from prior marketplace purchases) and may want to wear or rez in-world (saving possibly a Lot of time having to do so in-world). 

Hope this is helpful, and hopefully relatively easy to integrate into the current system? It would be wonderful to have, I for one would LOVE it.
<3
Elle
http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/147/b0/304658/1.html"

Apart from setting a record for necro-posting do you have a point with this?  With your experience in SL you should know that this is impossible with the normal tools we have and would, therefore, require a substantial rewrite of the viewer.  Indeed, TPVs with RLV support "could", sort-of, allow this since they have the ability to force-wear an item on the avatar, which the normal viewer with LSL does not.

If this were possible it would have been done a while ago.  Since the introduction of 'outfits' it is less useful now than it was years ago.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Peter, 

Thank you for replying. 
I was mostly wanting to add-in a newer idea, but include the older one as well for reference. 
The newer idea:
'Being able to 'visually' see our 'prior' purchases within the SL marketplace' - as a temporary version of the older suggestion?

<3
Elle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3815 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.