HP roleplay?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2551 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay so this is going to sound mean, and I don't intend offense...but are there any active hp/hogwarts rps that actually...look nice?

The two in search that popped up are both...really hard to navigate, and they also are a bit of an eyesore. I know building is expensive and everything, but one of the rp places had the same common room for all the houses and well!

I know it's impossible to replicate everything from the movies and the books, but at the very least use a different brick texture for the walls and floors or else it's super easy to get disoriented and I was lost in both locations more than once.

Okay so this is going to sound mean, and I don't intend offense...but are there any active hp/hogwarts rps that actually...look nice?

The two in search that popped up are both...really hard to navigate, and they also are a bit of an eyesore. I know building is expensive and everything, but one of the rp places had the same common room for all the houses and well!

I know it's impossible to replicate everything from the movies and the books, but at the very least use a different brick texture for the walls and floors or else it's super easy to get disoriented and I was lost in both locations more than once.

Apart from the fact that one must not necessarily agree with you ( tastes are different)....  you can hardly blame others for your lack of orientation. I remind you that Harry and Ron had issues to find the Transfiguration classroom, so if you want, a complex castle is canon.

But as somoene who has been there a while I can tell you...you can have the greatest of RP at the ugliest places. Someone who thinks the look is the most importnat thing has no clue about the soul of RP, and mostly, has nothing to offer. Nothing.

AveryGriffin wrote:

Okay so this is going to sound mean, and I don't intend offense...but are there any active hp/hogwarts rps that actually...look
nice
?

How about, instead of taking the time to come here and knock other people's design sense, you use that time to put together what you consider to be an acceptable replica of Hogwart's.  It's not as if they're doing it primarily for fun with very little compensation of which to speak... oh wait.

...Dres

Hi Avery. I'm sorry you feel that way but I know both RPs in search are entirely donation funded and volunteer ran (I'm a member at both :matte-motes-grin: ). It's difficult to do too much when your love of the subject matter far exceeds the L$ in your account lol. Both Hogwarts: Legacies and World of Hogwarts were built primarily, and in a short time frame, as a place to RP, aesthetics come second. Your comment on textures has reached the Admin at Legacies however and they're fixing it.

I promise you, after a couple of days, it  does get easier to find your way round, like any new place. 

I must admit to being confused a little, why not just tell the sims your opinion? Legacies is clearly not adverse to constructive critisism, especially if you know ways to make their L$ go further, they'd love you forever for that one :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

I'm used to forum RP so I'm good at/used to doing stuff without BGs/settings and the like.

When a friend showed me around SL's rp places, most were very pretty (the fantasy sims especially) and I was just disappointed to find the HP spots (what I really wanted to do) weren't as pretty.

I didn't mean to crap all over someone's work (I could never build anything so far from this!!!) or fav rp spot, but when I have to zoom all the way into my char so I don't get bombarded with pixeled textures, I have a hard time staying immersed.

The builds weren't bad, just the texturing mainly, which idk why that would be HUGE to update? I guess cost or time idk exactly how textures are handled in SL just yet.

I didn't mean to upset anyone! And I realize now both are donation funded.

If they want help like I could go texture hunting for them or make textures? (I used to make wallpapers and floors for sims so)

Maybe donate mesh doors/windows/stairs? How is the LI for both builds? do they have prim room? I found a seller with a lovely fountain for the grounds.

Idk which it was but one of the builds had nearly entirely empty classrooms - was this lack of funds or lack of room?

Lack of available prims probably. WoH is using only a part of a Sim while Legacies and Mischief Managed are full Sims. That however says nothing about the quality of RP, which is something you would have to find out on your own. If you are used to do Forum RP, I could imagine that you are what we call a "Para-RPer", writing long paragraphs, expressing also feelings and mimic a lot, not just focusing on conversation.

Some Sims expect this, others do not, others again would accept both. Some have special rules like that you are just allowed to talk one after another, which could lead to a situation that 3 players wishing each other a good morning can take up to 2 hours, so that's for the patient ones. Nothing speaks against joining two or more RPs and feel free to pick your favourite one and stick to it. 

But remember that this is your subjective opinion, others may think differently and prefer another place. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2551 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.