Since upgrading to AMD Catalyst 13.9 graphics drivers, I can't find a viewer that doesn't crash

Carmine Kilby

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3858 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

It verifies my password, loads the viewer, begins to render everything, I get messages from my house and HUDs, and then the viewer crashes to desktop. AMD FX-8150, Win7 Ultimate, x64, 2x Radeon HD5770 cards. This has happened so far with Kokua, Official Second Life Viewer, Nirans Viewer, and the Black Dragon alpha. I'd like to keep the new AMD video drivers but I will downgrade if I have to.

3 answers to this question

It verifies my password, loads the viewer, begins to render everything, I get messages from my house and HUDs, and then the viewer crashes to desktop. AMD FX-8150, Win7 Ultimate, x64, 2x Radeon HD5770 cards. This has happened so far with Kokua, Official Second Life Viewer, Nirans Viewer, and the Black Dragon alpha. I'd like to keep the new AMD video drivers but I will downgrade if I have to.

Hello Carmine,

this sounds like the Catalyst crash. In case you are using an AMD/ATI card, please downgrade your graphics drivers to Catalyst 13.4 (link: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/previous/13/Pages/radeon.aspx?os=Windows%20Vista%20-%2064-Bit%20Edition&rev=13.4 ).

Linden Lab is working on a fix for the bug internally. You can either use Catalyst 13.4 (or older) until this gets fixed, or use Firestorm Viewer (link: http://www.firestormviewer.org/ )- they already implemented a fix a while ago.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3858 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.