World map and mini-map beam

tryad

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3863 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Greetings:

I would like to know if there is anyway to turm off the scan beam on the world map/ mini-map. I want it gone if possible. If you change the settings in the preference it changes the screen.  I do not wnat to use the settings on the left click because it changes the screen. I want to shut it down if possible.

Tryad, CEO Tiberious Data Mining

5 answers to this question

Greetings:

I would like to know if there is anyway to turm off the scan beam on the world map/ mini-map. I want it gone if possible. If you change the settings in the preference it changes the screen.  I do not wnat to use the settings on the left click because it changes the screen. I want to shut it down if possible.

Tryad, CEO Tiberious Data Mining

As we explained the last time you asked this same question, there is no "scanning beam" in the map or MiniMap.  The green avatar dots on the minimap are located there by accessing what the server knows about the position of every single thing on the sim.  The server doesn't have to "scan" for the avatars.  It already knows where they are. 

The appearance of the map and minimap are built into Linden Lab's viewer code, which is then picked up and used in each of the TPV's.  We users have no control over any of that.  If you wanted to go to the trouble of creating your own viewer, you could probably tweak it there.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3863 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.