Sign in to follow this  
Synfully21Sweet

Question for Subs/Doms

Contrary to widespread belief, pirates did not use their round peg legs to store donuts.  New research suggests that, after visiting the drive-thru in their pirate ships, they took on their usual daily fourteen dozen donuts in the traditional way.  Barrels.

I was kinda hoping to get a photoshopped pic of what a pirate ship drive-thru would look like.

Speaking of which, do they have drive-thru's in Venice?

'In Venice, Italy they don't have streets, they have canals. So in Venice, we gotta keep the kids off the canals. In Venice if you're not book smart, but you do know what's going on, you are canal smart.'  ~ Mitch Hedberg

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Tex Monday wrote:

You say that you are giving up your freedom and that's true.

I wonder about this "giving up your freedom" thing.

I hate picking out clothes in the morning, almost as much as I hate shopping for them. I have more interesting things to think about. Twenty years ago, I found a pair of basic pumps I really liked. They were inexpensive, surprisingly comfy and available in a wide range of colors. I bought two dozen pair. I wanted to free myself of the bother of shopping for new shoes every season. 

I absolutely DETEST shopping as well and LOVE this idea!  In RL I keep my clothing simple in that I choose one or two base neutral colors that go with anything (tan or olive for my skin/hair coloring) and a couple of brighter colors (generally peach or turquoise).  Pretty much any piece of clothing I own will work with any other piece.  I know people thing I'm wearing the same clothes all the time due to the color scheme but works for me.

Oh right....the topic....errrrrr....carry on :)

Edit: Typo

Perrie Juran wrote:

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

Now it's time for donuts.

How you gonna eat 'em with your fingers stuck in that Chinese puzzle?

You'd be surprised how many daily tasks are still quite doable while wearing a pair of handcuffs, thumbcuffs or Chinese finger cuffs, donuts and milk being one of the easier ones.

...I've said too much, haven't I?

Thanks for posting that, Perrie. :)  Years ago when I had expanded cable TV I began watching that movie and fell asleep (not because it was boring; just was late at night) and never saw the ending.  *Makes note to rent the movie.*

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

You'd be surprised how many daily tasks are still quite doable while wearing a pair of handcuffs, thumbcuffs or Chinese finger cuffs, donuts and milk being one of the easier ones.

Thanks for posting that, Perrie.
:)
  Years ago when I had expanded cable TV I began watching that movie and fell asleep (not because it was boring; just was late at night) and never saw the ending.  *Makes note to rent the movie.*

It's actually a pretty good movie. 

Also actually very little sex or nudity in it.

But I won't say more.

I hate movie spoilers.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Oh right....the topic....errrrrr....carry on

Congratulations, Czari...you've successfullly de-railed the topic...

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Tex Monday wrote:

I hate picking out clothes in the morning, almost as much as I hate shopping for them. I have more interesting things to think about. Twenty years ago, I found a pair of basic pumps I really liked. They were inexpensive, surprisingly comfy and available in a wide range of colors. I bought two dozen pair. I wanted to free myself of the bother of shopping for new shoes every season. 

I absolutely DETEST shopping as well and LOVE this idea!  In RL I keep my clothing simple in that I choose one or two base neutral colors that go with anything (tan or olive for my skin/hair coloring) and a couple of brighter colors (generall peach or turquoise).  Pretty much any piece of clothing I own will work with any other piece.  I know people thing I'm wearing the same clothes all the time due to the color scheme but works for me.

Along with the pumps, I purchased a couple dozen pair of clip-ons, bows, rhinestones, etc. I can mix/match those with the shoes for dress occasions, creating thousands of combinations. I can also wear mis-matched pairs, as they're all the same size and style. So at Halloween, I'll wear black and brown with orange bows. At Christmas I'll wear black and red with white bows, etc. I've also got a drawer full of tights in various colors that I can mismatch to my heart's content.

If you watch my avi, you'll see I often mismatch accessories. I usually wear one black and one silver earring. I think it's like that first dent in a new car, after which you get over that new car anxiety and just drive it. Once you're wearing something mismatched, the rest doesn't matter.

Tex Monday wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Congratulations, Czari...you've successfullly de-railed the topic...

See, that's what happens when you let some hot shot guy drive.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is how it's done...

Perrie Juran wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

Years ago when I had expanded cable TV I began watching that movie and fell asleep (not because it was boring; just was late at night) and never saw the ending.  *Makes note to rent the movie.*

But I won't say more.

I hate movie spoilers.

Just tried finding it on Netflix & it's only available by DVD through them and I'm not going to pay more money for that.  Guess it's time to check out Redbox or go digging through the old DVD bins at Wally World.

Right - I knew it wasn't focused on sex/nudity.  I happen to have an interest in....certain things. ;)

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Tex Monday wrote:

I absolutely DETEST shopping as well and LOVE this idea!  In RL I keep my clothing simple in that I choose one or two base neutral colors that go with anything (tan or olive for my skin/hair coloring) and a couple of brighter colors (generall peach or turquoise).  Pretty much any piece of clothing I own will work with any other piece.  I know people thing I'm wearing the same clothes all the time due to the color scheme but works for me.

Along with the pumps, I purchased a couple dozen pair of clip-ons, bows, rhinestones, etc. I can mix/match those with the shoes for dress occasions, creating thousands of combinations. I can also wear mis-matched pairs, as they're all the same size and style. So at Halloween, I'll wear black and brown with orange bows. At Christmas I'll wear black and red with white bows, etc. I've also got a drawer full of tights in various colors that I can mismatch to my heart's content.

If you watch my avi, you'll see I often mismatch accessories. I usually wear one black and one silver earring. I think it's like that first dent in a new car, after which you get over that new car anxiety and just drive it. Once you're wearing something mismatched, the rest doesn't matter.

I actually did something similar to your pump story in SL as noted here (fifth post down).  I was so thrilled to only have to deal with one pair of shoes in SL.  Until I got wise to scripts.  *Sighs*

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

But I won't say more.

I hate movie spoilers.

Just tried finding it on Netflix & it's only available by DVD through them and I'm not going to pay more money for that.  Guess it's time to check out Redbox or go digging through the old DVD bins at Wally World.

Right - I knew it wasn't focused on sex/nudity.  I happen to have an interest in....certain things.
;)

What happens on Mars, stays on Mars.  ;)

Perrie Juran wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

But I won't say more.

I hate movie spoilers.

Right - I knew it wasn't focused on sex/nudity.  I happen to have an interest in....certain things.
;)

What happens on Mars, stays on Mars. 
;)

But I can't go to Mars. :(

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Did not!!!  The thread was already in doughnut land and I was responding to Maddy so if anyone derailed the thread she did!

HrummmmphhhSSSS!!!!!

It's not a bad thing. I love when these things go off the tracks...so to speak...:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

Tex Monday wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Did not!!!  The thread was already in doughnut land and I was responding to Maddy so if anyone derailed the thread she did!

HrummmmphhhSSSS!!!!!

It's not a bad thing. I love when these things go off the tracks...so to speak...:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

Ah ok. :)  I may have to pay a visit to you soon. *Smiles*

steph Arnott wrote:

Madleline Blackbart wrote

"Well of course you will dear. God forbid Pie EVER miss a chance to correct someones spelling and then him and crow (I think his alt) insult either the OP of the greater SL whole. Well frankly the SL world and perhaps RL would come crashing down if that were to happen!""

I did not find the question unreasonable. Asking clarification on an ambiguous sentence should never be taken as an attack.  It was difficult to understand its meaning.

Typically yes but pie normal does not ask questions he mearly insults. Trust me. So for me to read it as an attack having dealt with him before is not completely insane.

Madeline Blackbart wrote:

Typically yes but pie normal does not ask questions he mearly insults. Trust me. So for me to read it as an attack having dealt with him before is not completely insane.

How much insane then? 60%? 75%? 90%? Or perhaps more?

steph Arnott wrote:

"Well of course you will dear. God forbid Pie EVER miss a chance to correct someones spelling and then him and crow (I think his alt) insult either the OP of the greater SL whole. Well frankly the SL world and perhaps RL would come crashing down if that were to happen!""

I did not find the question unreasonable. Asking clarification on an ambiguous sentence should never be taken as an attack.  It was difficult to understand its meaning.

Steph, it wasn't so difficult to understand that you couldn't do it. You corrected Sephina's error. I had little difficulty with her statement, there was enough context to work it out. We have only one admitted inability to comprehend her statement, from Pie.

So, is it fair to say this was not too difficult for you, but it was too difficult for Pie? If it's not, don't blame me, I didn't say it.

;-)

Here's the of evidence...

Pie Serendipity wrote:

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

I know it was innocent because I know the OP in RL. It was innocently asked. I am the one who directed her to ask when she asked me. 
I offend anyone who is wrongly attacked.
 I personally dont know the whole situation, only she does. Sometimes the most obvious answer is not the one seen easily. 

Does anybody - except the poster, and perhaps not even her - have an inkling of what the highlighted sentence is supposed to mean?

I have run it back and forth through Google Translate using the obvious language pairs, but it still makes no sense,

Suggestions?

steph Arnott wrote:

offend
  defend anyone who is wrongly attacked.

Pie Serendipity wrote:

How much insane then? 60%? 75%? 90%? Or perhaps more?

Well if we are to take into concideration my sanity to began with outside of any statements made I'd say about 60% or so would be fair. I am many things but a liar is not one of them so I will not lie and say i am the sanist of all people. That said I think it's safe to say neither are you.

I will not lie and say i am the
sanist
of all people. That said I think it's safe to say neither are you.

Erm, I have had myself checked by an expert (actually my wife persuaded the court to insist upon it) and I am apparently 100% sane, and have a certificate to prove it.

It seems I do not sufffer from mental disease, but I am a carrier. Move over Typhoid Mary, here comes Madness Pxx.

Edited to hide my real name.

steph Arnott wrote:

Steph, it wasn't so difficult to understand that you couldn't do it. You corrected Sephina's error. I had little difficulty with her statement, there was enough context to work it out. We have only one admitted inability to comprehend her statement, from Pie.

So, is it fair to say this was not too difficult for you, but it was too difficult for Pie? If it's not, don't blame me, I didn't say it.

;-)

Here's the of evidence...

Pie Serendipity wrote:

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

I know it was innocent because I know the OP in RL. It was innocently asked. I am the one who directed her to ask when she asked me. 
I offend anyone who is wrongly attacked.
 I personally dont know the whole situation, only she does. Sometimes the most obvious answer is not the one seen easily. 

Does anybody - except the poster, and perhaps not even her - have an inkling of what the highlighted sentence is supposed to mean?

I have run it back and forth through Google Translate using the obvious language pairs, but it still makes no sense,

Suggestions?

steph Arnott wrote:

offend
  defend anyone who is wrongly attacked.

Hmm. An antonym is a word that means the opposite of another word. Like "offend" and "defend", for example.

But these are the forums, where everyone (or at least TheMadBagLady) knows that you have to interpret posts as having a meaning that is the complete reverse of the words that have actually been written . . .

Which must mean that I am the most popular, revered, admired and respected poster here! Thank you for that illuminating reversal.