mesh avatar question

BadEddy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3868 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My friend and I would like to give a try to mesh avatar. 

So far we found some that are full body (body, head, etc) and some that are partial like a mesh head on which you can fit any body you want or mesh body on wich you can fit any regular head you want. 

So far we like the idea of a mesh body on which we can use a head from any regular avatar we like. 

Any good shop you would recomend to find good mesh avatar? we are shopping for male and female.

Also, does mesh avatar makes it more difficult to fit clothing to it?

Thanks

My friend and I would like to give a try to mesh avatar. 

So far we found some that are full body (body, head, etc) and some that are partial like a mesh head on which you can fit any body you want or mesh body on wich you can fit any regular head you want. 

So far we like the idea of a mesh body on which we can use a head from any regular avatar we like. 

Any good shop you would recomend to find good mesh avatar? we are shopping for male and female.

Thanks

BadEddy wrote:

There's no simple single answer to that I'm afraid - a lot depends on the shape of the mesh avatar and and the type of clothing you're trying to fit to it.

If the mesh avatar has been built to one of the so-called 'standard' sizes, then it's possible some of the available rigged mesh clothing will fit it - but you CAN'T add standard alpha layers to a mesh avatar, so if any of the mesh clothing clips (and long dresses/skirts will, almost without fail), then there's not much you can do unless the avatar has some built-in alpha regions. So it's probably a bit hit and miss if mesh clothing will fit.

You also won't be able to add ANY System Layer clothing to a mesh avatar (thos with the little T-shirt/pants/undies icons etc in your inventory) - the only exception might be if you have access to the original textures (which in most cases you won't unless you made it yourself); I believe SOME mesh avatars have been designed so that they can have standard LL skin textures applied to them, so in theory you can add any clothing textures into the mix too - you'll have to blend these together offline yourself though.

With this in mind, there may however be mesh avatars out there that let you apply standard alpha textures (NOT the system layer) to them, which would help with the fitting of mesh clothing currently available.

Any un-rigged mesh and prim/flexi-prim attachments should be okay though if you can resize them.

Basiaclly though, when you buy a mesh avatar, you're buying into a propriertry product, where often the only clothing that fits it is the clothing made by the designer of the avatar (or clothing by anybody else designing for it of course).

Thank you for that answer! For myself it pretty much means I will not give that a try. It's already had enough to find good quality clothing for man (or man with my taste?). 

The problem you explain with clothing is probably why we see mesh head on wich you can fit whatever "normal" avatar. I guess that fix the cloth isue. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3868 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.