Sign in to follow this  
coreyfaure

Popular product, then suddenly BOOM, no customers for 4 days?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a product that's been getting me about 6 to 9 customers daily, for the past 6 weeks or so. For the past few days, customer count has reached 0, which is extremely unusual to me.

Is there anything that would cause a shift like this to happen that I don't see? Thanks for any help in advance.

Edit: Business picked up again. I just worried too much too early.

I have a product that's been getting me about 6 to 9 customers daily, for the past 6 weeks or so. For the past few days, customer count has reached 0, which is extremely unusual to me.

Is there anything that would cause a shift like this to happen that I don't see? Thanks for any help in advance.

Edit: Business picked up again. I just worried too much too early.

Ehh, nevermind about this product. Someone alerted me that this is school season, so collegegoers and highschoolers might busy now. 

Someone bought something of mine just after I posted this anyway. I guess I spoke too soon and worried too quickly.

coreyfaure wrote:

I have a product that's been getting me about 6 to 9 customers daily, for the past 6 weeks or so.

I've no idea about this specific product, but bear in mind that customers often reach a saturation point over time. It seems weird to me that any system would guarantee a supply of traffic (since you're basically relying on people following a landmark or whatever), but there's no way this product could do it consistantly, and forever.

Typically these products die quickly once whatever mechanic they're using to lure people becomes less interesting, or a better competitor for their eyeballs turns up.

coreyfaure wrote:

Ehh, nevermind about this product. Someone alerted me that this is school season, so collegegoers and highschoolers might busy now. 

Someone bought something of mine just after I posted this anyway. I guess I spoke too soon and worried too quickly.

I'm not sure which product you're referring to but you have absolutely NOTHING in your MP store you should be gearing to highschoolers. College aged, yeah, they're adults, but minors, absolutely not. Yes I am a realist and I know they buy them anyway, but for you to expect them is, disturbing.

No, I shouldn't expect them. But someone pointed out to me that there are many 18+ year old players still in college or senior year do the adult Second Life thing, regaurdless of whether or not you like it.

I'm not marketing to those people. I simply told you what someone else told me. Once again, I'd rather not expect them, whether or not they are/are not buying the majority of my product.

This is mostly in the realms of conjecture already, so I guess it's worth adding that the average age of SLer's hits somewhere near between 30 and 40 years old. Assuming your advertising method/traffic toy is non-discriminatory, you should see an age grouping somewhere within this area.

coreyfaure wrote:

Thanks for the age figures. I'm thinking the person that told me my original information was young his/herself, so it was more of an assumtion.

It's a true enough effect. For whatever reason, summer in SL is slow for commerce. I can only assume Imatest, above, saw a combination of words together and reacted too quickly.

Kids are home from school, and parents have to deal with them instead of playing games. People prefer to be outside having BBQs, and many people also take holidays. Summer changes things for a lot of people - not just kids, as does the movements of schools, colleges and universities.

Thank you guys for the tips on saturation points of products and general demographics of customers. Business picked back up today and has been rather normal.

Could someone lock this thread?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.