My Avitar is always a particle cloud. I've tried every fix, but nothing works!

Faith Udein

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3867 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

For over a year now, my Avitar has not rezzed properly. I have tried several viewers and fixes such at anti-cloud and re-bake. The rest of the environment rezzes in nicely, but my avitar does not. I can't see my character and niether can anyone else!! Is there another option, could it have something to do with my hardrive space? If so, why does the rest of the program run smoothly?

3 answers to this question

For over a year now, my Avitar has not rezzed properly. I have tried several viewers and fixes such at anti-cloud and re-bake. The rest of the environment rezzes in nicely, but my avitar does not. I can't see my character and niether can anyone else!! Is there another option, could it have something to do with my hardrive space? If so, why does the rest of the program run smoothly?

With the recent implementation of SSA, bake fail has become much less of a problem for most people than it once was.  It still happens, though, especially to people who have weak or flaky Internet connections.  Wireless is sometimes part of the problem, so you ought to move to a direct cable connection from your computer to your router if you haven't already.

There are several new suggestions for dealing with bake fail that you may not have seen or tried yet.  Take a look here

Also, just check to make sure you're wearing 1 skin, 1 shape, 1 'hair layer' and 1 'eyes layer'.

Sometimes the system can forget what skin, or eyes, or 'hair layer' you were wearing.. and if you're not wearing all four "Body Parts", the system doesn't know how to render you properly.

If you are wearing all 4 body parts, try replacing them. The hair layer especially.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3867 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.