Ways to Memorialise Someone in SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3867 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know if anyone remembers the build, or know if there is something similar on the grid.

When the New Orleans disaster struck, there was a sim dedicated to it, and raising funds.  Within that sim was a fountain, with candles.  You paid a linden (I think) and you could light a candle, and name it (the name would appear on the candle, or under it or arround it - can't remember exactly) to someone lost - and then you could click it, and it rose up high into the heavens so to speak, and faded away.  It was a really beautiful way of memorialising someone, or something.

I was just wondering if there was still something like this in SL?

I don't know if anyone remembers the build, or know if there is something similar on the grid.

When the New Orleans disaster struck, there was a sim dedicated to it, and raising funds.  Within that sim was a fountain, with candles.  You paid a linden (I think) and you could light a candle, and name it (the name would appear on the candle, or under it or arround it - can't remember exactly) to someone lost - and then you could click it, and it rose up high into the heavens so to speak, and faded away.  It was a really beautiful way of memorialising someone, or something.

I was just wondering if there was still something like this in SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3867 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.