Woozworld, an amazing world? Why is crap like this advertised on SL? Do you want to get rid of us?

MarmelaGramela Doesburg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

There are a couple of things going on.  One is that Linden Lab runs several different virtual experiences besides Second Life.  Visit http://lindenlab.com/ to see what they are managing now.  You might argue that those are competition for SL, but they aren't competition for Linden Lab.  The other thing that's changed recently is that this web site now has advertizing in its sidebar and header space.  That's clearly a money-maker for LL, just the way that ads make money for Amazon.com. Google, and everyone else these days.  I haven't seen ads for anything like SL, but there are certainly ads for RP games there.  Competitiion?  Maybe a little, but I suspect that it's nothing that worries Linden Lab.  SL has a lot of great RP communities, and it offers players a different sort of creative platform for inventing their RP.

The adds on the sides are pretty random and I don't think LL ever checked what advertisement they get. As long as they get money from it, it seems to be fine for them. I had everything....advertisement for flights, hotels, business, adult games, clothes....right now I have one for a 3D chat and a side that rates hotels. :smileyvery-happy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.