Avatar keeps looking when trying to take a picture

friscolives

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3816 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

friscolives wrote:

I'm fairly new at photography, and having an issue when I try to get a picture of my avatar. It keep turning to look as I move my house, wrecking the shot. Is there some setting I can use to stop that?

Use an alt to take pictures.

This way you can make your first avi look at anything you want and the alt taking pictures won't change that

:smileysurprised::):smileyvery-happy:

Thank you for all three suggestion, good ideas all around. I was getting so frustrated last night, perfect shot set up, then trying to click the camera and its gone.

To go a step further, any suggestions for decent "casual" poses? I've bought some pose stands in the past, many seem more geared for fashion models. I'm just looking for some basic things for sitting down at a table talking, or even standing in a non robotic stance. (Of course, with an AO on that could be changed.)

My goal is to make a comic book with SL, so most poses would just be casual, non fashion model stuff.

Thank you all again, its a huge help.

friscolives wrote:

Thank you for all three suggestion, good ideas all around. I was getting so frustrated last night, perfect shot set up, then trying to click the camera and its gone.

To go a step further, any suggestions for decent "casual" poses? I've bought some pose stands in the past, many seem more geared for fashion models. I'm just looking for some basic things for sitting down at a table talking, or even standing in a non robotic stance. (Of course, with an AO on that could be changed.)

My goal is to make a comic book with SL, so most poses would just be casual, non fashion model stuff.

Thank you all again, its a huge help.

Rather than looking around for already built poses, I'll recommend AnyPose. It's addicting, allowing you to set the poses for yourself and others in-world. It's not cheap, but it's a heck of a lot of fun.

You can also use the keyboard shortcut: Ctrl + `
This way you don't have to move the mouse and the avatar will not move

Note that this particular short cut uses the key and not the character written on it
On a US keyboard layout the character is: "`" but if you use another layout it may be another character
In Denmark the character written on the key is "æ" so my keyboard shortcut is: Ctrl + æ

Before using the keyboard shortcut you should take one snapshot the ordinary way, which allows you to set up picture size, compression format, file name and folder
The keybord shortcut will use those settings

:smileysurprised::):smileyvery-happy:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3816 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.